Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Just woke up and saw this. Does not sound like ISIS.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Shockingly, so far in the few minutes I've been watching and reading, there's little speculation on motive. He was a local, retired. He is dead. Lived with an Oriental woman, who is now in custody too. They were using her platinum gold card. Weapons were recovered.

Lots of military and retired vets at the event. Also lots of firefighters. Both groups were moving rapidly to get bodies and wounded out of line of fire and treated wounded.

He was on 32nd floor, opened fire at the end of outdoor country concert. Reports are now saying that many of the killed were head shots.

Just doesn't make sense.

Over 50 dead, over 200 wounded.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

New link-- states 50 dead over 200 injured.. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

FOX is reporting that the shooter had a great deal of weapons and had barricaded the door. This guy seems to have had a mission. While it didn't take long for the police to breach the door, the motive for such carnage is definitely of interest.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

What a tragedy... there are no words.

So many questions too.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

30,000 some people at the concert, packed in like sardines, going to be like shooting fish in a barrel, and most wounds will be head wounds simply because a bullet is going to hit someone's head before continuing on to someone's torso, not because the shooter was a good shot.

But my God, I'm glad I don't live there anymore. I feel so sorry for those people. I'm starting to wonder, why would someone shoot up a "country" music festival, or is that irrelevant?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-02-2017 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

From the video I saw posted on FB there are at least two automatic weapons (definitely not belt fed "machine guns"). From the rate of fire, sounded like the weapons were magazine fed (probably 20 to 30 round magazines); reload time indicates there were many pre-loaded magazines on hand. Definitely premeditated. Had to have been planned and prepped well in advance.

I cannot imagine the mindset that plans the murder/execution of unarmed, innocent civilians like this.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

9. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Could have been using 100 round drum magazines...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-02-2017 at 06:40 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

The more I listen to this, the more it sounds like a Columbine type attack. The shooters feel justified, whether because of bullying or because of delusions of glory in death. What's not making sense is the age of the shooter-64.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Could have been using 100 round drum magazines...
    Possible but I don't think so. You are correct about the head shots I think. From that high an elevation, I would think most hits would be head and upper torso.

I will be skeptical of media reports (at least the initial ones) and wait until they release the weapon type, etc. I do know that it is extremely difficult to obtain fully automatic weapons. Someone was a very good gunsmith and modified semi-automatic weapons OR got them on the black market.

Again, I cannot fathom the "why".
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    The more I listen to this, the more it sounds like a Columbine type attack. The shooters feel justified, whether because of bullying or because of delusions of glory in death. What's not making sense is the age of the shooter-64.
    I agree... so far nothing is adding up to why this person would do this. I mean OBVIOUSLY this person is NUTS, but the age, the venue, the door was barricaded, had a fully automatic weapon, probably illegally, can't really put your finger on any one thing yet what was going on with this person...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-02-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

It seems that it was very lucky that there were so many military trained and firefighters. Audio from phones being played and it is clear that these people had emergency training. They were telling people to take their shirts off to make tourniquets, apply pressure, and to use their vehicles to transport wounded to hospitals-'Don't wait for ambulances, go, go, go!'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I agree... so far nothing is adding up to why this person would do this. I mean OBVIOUSLY this person is NUTS, but the age, the venue, the door was barricaded, had a fully automatic weapon, probably illegally, can't really put your finger on any one thing yet what was going on with this person...
    Yeah, a lot more to the story than we know at the moment. Initially I though "crazy person" but the more I think about the deliberate planning and prep required, it wasn't just one crazy man. Methodical, knowledgeable and fairly well trained. Had to be more than just the shooter and his girlfriend involved.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Judging by the cycle rate, it sounds like an AK-47. I don't know if anyone here has seen these, they're called a "slide fire," or a "bump fire," and they're legal. I could put one on my AK. Match that with a 100 round drum magazine that anyone can buy at a gun show and you've got a lot of fire power...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-02-2017 at 07:07 AM.