Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    "Let's have a conversation": We on the left will explain to you why you are a gun-loving, Bible-thumping, racist, Neo-Nazi so you can immediately acquiesce to our fascist demands.
    And then people like me will say "Nigger please" and conversation is probably over.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    And then people like me will say "Nigger please" and conversation is probably over.
    I have to go process that racist comment to determine whether or not we need to have a conversation.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Will you be going to your safe space to process it ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    Darn! How are you grokking all these new words before I even hear them? "Let's have a conversation" sounds ominous, probably comes from the old dangerous Southern idiom, "I wanted to visit with you a little."

That means trouble. John Malkovich uses the visit phrase well as a company boss in the movie "Deepwater Horizon." Both participants are from New Orleans and you can see the fix-it guy understands the boss is there to put on the pressure to procede with oil production and quit the tests. He gets his way, but the rig blows up.

What do you think "Let's have a conversation" means?
    I am 100% pure Southern born and bred. Born in 1954 but one would think 1901, as that was when my father was born and he taught me to be so like him in thinking that its uncanny.
    Back in my day we'd say, "Well lets just have a little talk about that!"
    And nothing was going to be --little-- or involve much---talking-- once you'd tell the person their error and how you are gonna stomp them if they do not cease and apologize for having made that grave mistake in the first damn place!
    I should know-- as Ive uttered that line more than a few dozen times and trust me it meant--
    "consider yourself blessed indeed that I am giving you this option not to get broke like a damn twig."
    Those too dense, to stupid or thought themselves too tough, soon found out , this Southern man does not make idle threats..
    And the word --process-- was never uttered..
    Folks got the damn message lightening quick... -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    "Let's have a conversation": We on the left will explain to you why you are a gun-loving, Bible-thumping, racist, Neo-Nazi so you can immediately acquiesce to our fascist demands.
    Yep... or in simpler terms...

"... have a conversation"... CAVE TO THE LEFT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

If you're black it's OK to say nigger. Just listen to some rap, any rap, or hip hop, won't take long before you hear nigger, over and over in fact, in lots of songs, and you know blacks hate that word so much... right?

But if you're white and you say nigger, you're a complete racist and just spoke one of the most insulting words on the planet.

Isn't it funny how that works?