Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Default Republicans once railed against deficits

Since Trump came into office I haven't heard a peep about the impending doom of the national debt.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...005-story.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

And then the little kenyan muslim leftist boi king came along with no experience what so ever except community agitating, and doubled the national debt.

So why is any leftist worried about it now all of a sudden?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-05-2017 at 08:47 AM.

3. Thanks CSM thanked this post
    Likes CSM liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

isn't it ironic that the Dems/libs/progressives are NOW concerned about the national debt? They don't seem too concerned over it when touting free college education and health care for "everyone" as well as a host of other causes which rely on stealing money from working folks to provide those things to non-working folks....
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    isn't it ironic that the Dems/libs/progressives are NOW concerned about the national debt? They don't seem too concerned over it when touting free college education and health care for "everyone" as well as a host of other causes which rely on stealing money from working folks to provide those things to non-working folks....
    I'm not concerned, just wondering why the rhetoric stopped. Is the debt being chipped away yet? Somehow I think it's still increasing.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Last edited by pete311; 10-05-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I'm not concerned, just wondering why the rhetoric stopped. Is the debt being chipped away yet? Somehow I think it's still increasing.
    I am sure that makes you very happy....but I don't see the "free college" or "free health care" yet either. The current administration hasn't done much to increase the debt YET. ant to guess where the increases are coming from (aside from the ton of money now allocated to disaster relief)?
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

If you're not concerned about it, then why are posting about it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    If you're not concerned about it, then why are posting about it?
    It's called "trolling".... very akin to fly fishing where a fly hits the water and some sucker eats the fly.... Pete is the fly and those of us who respond to him are suckers....
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    It's called "trolling".... very akin to fly fishing where a fly hits the water and some sucker eats the fly.... Pete is the fly and those of us who respond to him are suckers....
    Yep... that's why I won't take this thread seriously. It's a joke.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

You guys are expert at dodging. Why aren't you guys talking about the debt any more? Where are the calls to reduce it? Simply not adding much more is now good enough?
    Last edited by pete311; 10-05-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Pete, can you show me where you posted concern while Obama was in office setting records in running up the debt? If it wasn't a concern to you then, which it wasn't, then you are trolling right now.

And it IS a concern to me, only things haven't been nearly as it were when Obama was in office.

And who knows, maybe things may be different if the democrats didn't vow to impede everything from republicans, before they can even see it or know about it.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Pete, can you show me where you posted concern while Obama was in office setting records in running up the debt? If it wasn't a concern to you then, which it wasn't, then you are trolling right now.

And it IS a concern to me, only things haven't been nearly as it were when Obama was in office.

And who knows, maybe things may be different if the democrats didn't vow to impede everything from republicans, before they can even see it or know about it.
    Not trolling, holding accountable. You own the gov, stop whining about dems blocking. If you can't pass good legislation then that is a leadership problem.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Not trolling, holding accountable. You own the gov, stop whining about dems blocking. If you can't pass good legislation then that is a leadership problem.
    It's in the works.

Tax cuts plus a roaring economy, along with better trade deals will work wonders.

Your community organizer who spent more than every previous President combined did a lot of damage, and it'll take a bit of work to undo his incompetent mischief. And it should be clear now to all Americans what happens when you elect a rabid liberal to the highest office in the land.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Not whining you dipshit! Look at who started the thread. Congress sucks and this shit happens far too often. Generally speaking though, the obstruction happens as things are presented, not prior to it even being thought of. BOTH sides obstruct the other. It's always been that way and I don't see a fix anytime soon. But I honestly, in my entire life, haven't seen a party calling for blocking of everything like they called for and announced. You're correct, it IS a leadership problem - and it starts with those leading the democrats in congress.

And if holding accountable as you state - then WHY didn't you give a shit about accountability in the past 8 years prior to Trump? We both know the answer to that one.

An'd you're correct in stating that R's sort of own the congress, and could get some things through without a single vote from democrats. Easy on some issues, not so easy on others. I don't give very good ratings to either Ryan or McConnell right now.

An aside. Maybe THIS is part of the reason you haven't seen much bitching yet!

---
    President Donald Trump and his administration are undoing the government’s rampant spending that occurred under former President Obama’s watch.

According the U.S. Treasury’s direct record, a surprising amount of money has been saved over the course of seven months. On January 20th, the day Trump was inaugurated, the total debt was $19,947,304,555,212.49. On July 30th, seven short months later, it’s at $19,844,938,940,351.37. Overall the debt has decreased by $102,365,614,861.12.

Checked via snopes. Now go ahead and move the goal posts and claim it has nothing to do with him.

http://www.snopes.com/national-debt-trump/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You guys are expert at dodging. Why aren't you guys talking about the debt any more? Where are the calls to reduce it? Simply not adding much more is now good enough?
    Easier than that. I completely gave up on it when Obama sold us out to China. I won't live to see the budget balanced so who cares?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Since Trump came into office I haven't heard a peep about the impending doom of the national debt.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...005-story.html
    And then John McCain saved Obamacare. The end.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post