Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    It was a response to aboutme's douchebag comment to me, check it out. How would you have liked me to respond to it?

He's a retired US Navy Veteran. We owe him a debt of gratitude for his many years of service to this country instead of sneering condescension comparing a young entrepreneur's income to a retired veteran's to somehow lend credence to your position. It's disrespectful and appallingly shameful.

His point is valid : if you don't think the tax cuts for businesses are helpful, you are certainly free to continue to submit your taxes on the old levels to assuage your conscience that you're doing the right thing.

Somehow, I suspect you'll take advantage of the new tax cuts. I don't hold much hope of you following your ideological beliefs in the face of economic benefit.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    He's a retired US Navy Veteran. We owe him a debt of gratitude for his many years of service to this country instead of sneering condescension comparing a young entrepreneur's income to a retired veteran's to somehow lend credence to your position. It's disrespectful and appallingly shameful.

His point is valid : if you don't think the tax cuts for businesses are helpful, you are certainly free to continue to submit your taxes on the old levels to assuage your conscience that you're doing the right thing.

Somehow, I suspect you'll take advantage of the new tax cuts. I don't hold much hope of you following your ideological beliefs in the face of economic benefit.
    yeah the corporate tax rate is extremely high. especially in california. makes sense why apple has so much money overseas instead of in cupertino.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Obama saying its unpatriotic to run deficits is pretty ironic. And his supporters whining about bush is even more ironic. And funny. Trump is going to have difficulty (at least fr what has been said) lowering taxes without repealing Obamacare.
    Black Diamond. Thanks for the support, but I take nothing petey has to say seriously. I would like to ask petey if he ever worked for a poor man, or woman who lived in his neighborhood, and had to ask for food stamps, rent help, and Welfare?
    Seems to me. petey must think everybody should be as unwilling to not be successful, have no pride, ambition, or feelings of achievement that gets them out of the HOLE of needing perpetual assistance from the govt.
    petey. If you know any Millionaire Poor People who have a business. Please let us know. And since you claim to be a business owner. Do your employee's earn more than you?
    Do they plan on working for you until they retire...to take over your business because you HATE ANYONE WHO SUCCEEDS?
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

I own my own company as well, and make 6 figures. Wtf are you thumping your chest for? Don't be a douchebag.

Now, if you don't think that a 15% tax as opposed to the current 30% - 35% isn't going to spur the economy, you have no idea as to how economics work. That's more money I can fold into my company to grow it, hire more employees, who also pay taxes on their payroll that I provide along with the normal expenditures of everyday living.

There's no downside to lower taxes, it only boosts the economy. The trick is to also have prudent non-liberal politicians paying down the debt with the increased revenues of the additional money rather than your usual tax-and-spend variety.
    Get this man a nobel prize in economics! Actually studies find the 1% just horde their cash. Hell Apple has over $100B in cash. How much more do they need to make investments?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

ah, the good ol boys club. serve and then you can treat people like shit with impunity. I understand your twisted ethics.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Get this man a nobel prize in economics! Actually studies find the 1% just horde their cash. Hell Apple has over $100B in cash. How much more do they need to make investments?
    Why, I'm glad you asked!

Apple CEO Tim Cook announced today that the iPhone maker will be putting $1 billion of its roughly $256 billion cash hoard into a US advanced manufacturing fund. The news, which Cook disclosed in an interview with CNBC’s Jim Cramer, indicates that Apple’s executive leadership is intent on heading off any potential conflicts between the company and President Trump, who has promised to bring jobs back and pressure corporations to invest more domestically.

“It's $1 billion of our US money, which we have to borrow to get. That's another whole topic,” Cook said, lightly commenting on current US tax policy that Apple claims prevents it from repatriating a majority of its overseas cash. “But yeah, we're really proud to do it. And by doing that, we can be the ripple in the pond. Because if we can create many manufacturing jobs around — those manufacturing jobs create more jobs around them, because you have a service industry that builds up around them.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Cook
    I actually think comprehensive tax reform is so important to this economy. If you think about it, what many, many companies now sell globally. If you sell globally, you earn money globally. If you earn money globally, you don't — you can't bring it back into the United States unless you pay 35 percent plus your state tax. And you look at this and you go, “this is kind of bizarre.” You want people to use this money in the United States to invest more. We are in a good position, but an unusual one. Our good position is we can borrow. And so to invest in the United States, we have to borrow. This doesn't make sense on a broad basis, and so I think the administration you saw that they're really getting this, and want to bring this back. And I hope that that comes to pass.
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/3/15...ing-investment

Isn't learning fun?
    Last edited by NightTrain; 10-05-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Why, I'm glad you asked!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/3/15...ing-investment

Isn't learning fun?
    You really are arrogant. If you were half as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't be wasting large amounts of time on this site. He's a flipping CEO, of course he's on the bandwagon to lower taxes. It would be great for Apple. I own nice positions in FAAMG stocks so the fuck I care. It would be create if Apple built more factories in china.
    Last edited by pete311; 10-05-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

ah, the good ol boys club. serve and then you can treat people like shit with impunity. I understand your twisted ethics.

You can continue your obtuse game, but I'm aware that you know why you get the shitty responses that you get - you've cultivated your reputation around here and revel in it, despite your claims that you're trying to learn what makes conservatives tick.

You're not quite as blatant as Gabby in your trolling, but trolling you do. The good news is that you're not quite as stupid as she is and I know you understand why you get the responses that you do.

So let's not play games as to why you get flamed. You've been given a hundred chances at being decent and inevitably you go low.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

petey. You could be in the same club you slam here if you were as intelligent as you'd like us all to believe. Bragging about your position as you do. Would you be happier if you earned less, and paid more, higher taxes to be fair to all those other losers you look down your nose at???
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

You really are arrogant. If you were half as smart as you think you are, you wouldn't be wasting large amounts of time on this site. He's a flipping CEO, of course he's on the bandwagon to lower taxes. It would be great for Apple. I own nice positions in FAAMG stocks so the fuck I care. It would be create if Apple built more factories in china.

You mentioned Apple and I gave factual response from the CEO about where Trump's tax plan will affect that particular company and the positive benefit.

I also gave a Forbes response destroying your wealthy-tax theory.

I have to say, Petey, I currently am getting over a bout of pneumonia and your rage-filled response just gave me a coughing fit from laughing. That hurt, but it was worth it.

I haven't spent much time at all on this site lately, just in the last couple of days have I been able to spend time here. The other staff members here are well aware of where I've been for the last few months and what I've been up to. It hasn't been here, though.

And I am smart, Petey. I'll admit that. We could review our respective engagements right here on DP and determine which of us is the smarter person. I don't think you want to go there, though. I'm not the smartest guy here on the board, but I've pinned you more times than I can count.

11. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

petey. You are...at least funny. Calling anyone arrogant for wasting large amounts of time on this site? So tell us. HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU SPEND HERE asshole? And YES. I called you asshole because it would be a lie to call you smart, or intelligent..
    Last edited by aboutime; 10-05-2017 at 08:09 PM.
    So, this is for them.