Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Understood? Perhaps so, since it's kinda part of the discussion. Correct? Absolutely not. There are a lot of drugs with that active ingredient. One wouldn't say that "benadryl" is in any of them. It's simply shares a same ingredient.
    Now Pete negged me for correcting his misstatement. I of course, returned the favor.

I don't neg very often, but will always return it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Now Pete negged me for correcting his misstatement. I of course, returned the favor.

I don't neg very often, but will always return it.

He did, did he?

I'd better get in on that action. I'm feeling ornery.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

stop washing them down with tequila.......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Aleve PM. I through out my back 3 days ago and that is the only thing that helps me to sleep right now.

I am pretty immune to most pain relievers. I had 250 mg Vicodine prescribed after knee surgery, and it did not
    phase me! But my son had 125 mg after his hand surgery and it knocked him out!

Everyone's body chemistry is different.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

And I'll never touch that shit again.

I took that last night prior to bed.I woke up at like midnight and my legs were running a mile a minute. That shit is supposed to help people sleep too, but has the opposite effect on me. And that was 2 nights in a row! I just never suspected that as the issue.

Anyone have "restless leg syndrome"? It SUCKS. Feels like you have to toss and turn literally all night, like bugs inside your skin and you cannot sleep. I took more xanax to overcome it and nothing worked.

Then this morning I looked it up - diphenhydramine, the active ingredient in this and other similar products, is known to give that side effect to some. And of course I'm one of them. I "slept" for about 14 hours, or I should I tried for that long, and probably got 2-3 hours if I'm lucky.
    Where's the vid? You video everything else. I want see you hanging from the ceiling fan with it turned on high talking 200 miles an hour fast than you already talk.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

So Kath grabbed petey by the pussy.

8. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    So Kath grabbed petey by the pussy.
    I don't get it . For all the shit Pete could hand out neg reps for ... THIS? And of course, let's neg someone with one of if not the highest rep on the board

Pete, you're my hero
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't get it . For all the shit Pete could hand out neg reps for ... THIS? And of course, let's neg someone with one of if not the highest rep on the board

Pete, you're my hero
    Heavy days for petey.

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Interesting thread. I take Tylenol PM nearly every night, half a pill. If I'm desperate, a whole pill. Without it, I can't hope to sleep through. I don't get the paradoxical effect of arousal with Tylenol PM, but I have had it with Nyquil. Nyquil is a great drug, but I have to be careful not to swig more than a minimum. It really gives me a good night's sleep, but I only take it if I have a cold, because it's so strong.

It's age that causes impaired sleep relative to how well we used to sleep. I doubt it's actually a bad thing --- just natural to the stage of life, like babies sleeping so much or teenagers sleeping late, I've read.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

And I'll never touch that shit again.

I took that last night prior to bed.I woke up at like midnight and my legs were running a mile a minute. That shit is supposed to help people sleep too, but has the opposite effect on me. And that was 2 nights in a row! I just never suspected that as the issue.

Anyone have "restless leg syndrome"? It SUCKS. Feels like you have to toss and turn literally all night, like bugs inside your skin and you cannot sleep. I took more xanax to overcome it and nothing worked.

Then this morning I looked it up - diphenhydramine, the active ingredient in this and other similar products, is known to give that side effect to some. And of course I'm one of them. I "slept" for about 14 hours, or I should I tried for that long, and probably got 2-3 hours if I'm lucky.
    Have you ever tried Melatonin, Jim?

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorder...nin-overview#1

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    LOL! The other two don't touch coffee. Go figure!
    Did you do anything differently while preggers wth any of them?

During my couple of months of all-day nausea, I craved... wait for it... Taco Bell tacos. Something I didn't eat before or since, lol.

So, guess what my daughter loves? Yup, Mexican food.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I haven't had the benadryl in anything I take affect me differently - but nyquil is easily the best for me - the liquid, not the pills.

Benadryl = diphenhydramine. They are synonymous in the medical field. It's like the word Kleenex.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Did you do anything differently while preggers wth any of them?

During my couple of months of all-day nausea, I craved... wait for it... Taco Bell tacos. Something I didn't eat before or since, lol.

So, guess what my daughter loves? Yup, Mexican food.
    The three kids, just like the pregnancies are very different, but similar. LOL! With Kendall I was very sick, every day. Gained all of 11 pounds up to the day she was born. Lots of drama in delivery, but she was perfect at birth.

With Bryan, I was 'nesting' and feeling great the entire pregnancy. Delivery almost without a hitch, then 'boom.' Neo-natal cardiology, neurology, some others, "Stat." Scary 15 minutes. He had slight heart abnormality, caused breathing issues. He's OK, but wouldn't qualify for military service.

With Derek, I was in between the other two. Exhausted the entire time, but with two toddlers I guess that would be normal. Delivery with him was plain weird. At 1pm had just returned from non-stress test and told to come back in two days-he wasn't 'in a hurry.' By 3 was heading back to the hospital in the city. Suddenly the traffic just stopped on the expressway. Driving past Rush-Presbyterian, thought of just stopping there since I was like dying, but pushed on to University of Chicago where my doc was. Should have stopped at the first. LOL!

Bruce Springsteen concert at Soldier Field was filling up. School bus had an accident, some kids were killed.
    Really messed up LSD. When I got to the hospital, they just cut off my jeans and he made his appearance in minutes. I was just lucky to be built the way I am, normal person would have had the baby in the car.

Never had 'cravings.' I cut out caffeine and smoking with all of them, though with Kendall went back with OB's blessing of sorts, after the 3rd month. (Yeah, there's a story with that.) In general I was just into super good eating and exercise-though it didn't matter with Kendall, nothing stayed with us.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

19. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I haven't had the benadryl in anything I take affect me differently - but nyquil is easily the best for me - the liquid, not the pills.

Benadryl = diphenhydramine. They are synonymous in the medical field. It's like the word Kleenex.
    Would you say that Benadryl and Unisom are the same medications, just because they share the same active ingredient?

Admittedly though, many use the benadryl for a sleep aid just as they do the Unisom! But it really is just one ingredient shared.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Would you say that Benadryl and Unisom are the same medications, just because they share the same active ingredient?

Admittedly though, many use the benadryl for a sleep aid just as they do the Unisom! But it really is just one ingredient shared.
    Yeah. I say they are the same. Most sleep/nighttime meds use +/- the same antihistamine. The active ingredient is all that really matters because the other ingredients aren't active...they don't DO anything really

If my kid/dog/loved-one gets be stung and starts to react, and I scream "Get Benadryl!!" you'd better bring anything with an anti-histamine.

22. Likes jimnyc liked this post