Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Yeah. I say they are the same. Most sleep/nighttime meds use +/- the same antihistamine. The active ingredient is all that really matters because the other ingredients aren't active...they don't DO anything really

If my kid/dog/loved-one gets be stung and starts to react, and I scream "Get Benadryl!!" you'd better bring anything with an anti-histamine.
    But you wouldn't want me to bring him unisom. Then again, it would likely work, just make him sleepy too, which of course the benadryl would do. Also, it's possible that other medicines with diphenhydramine, may also have another active ingredient that you don't want. But I know what you're saying and agree otherwise.

Rick's wife had some spray when I was visiting them, The forehead sting I got hurt like hell! But she sprayed this crap, I wiped it in a tad, and within seconds the pain was gone and the swelling going down already. Good product, whatever it was!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Why would a sleep aid have any ingredient that makes (some?) people anxious? Counter-intuitive, no? That's all I would need at night is something to make me feel even less sleepy!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Why would a sleep aid have any ingredient that makes (some?) people anxious? Counter-intuitive, no? That's all I would need at night is something to make me feel even less sleepy!
    It's not supposed to! The medicine sometimes have the counter effect on some people. It made me fidgety as hell and unable to sleep. But with 99% of folks it will make the sleepy. I'm just lucky, I guess.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    It's not supposed to! The medicine sometimes have the counter effect on some people. It made me fidgety as hell and unable to sleep. But with 99% of folks it will make the sleepy. I'm just lucky, I guess.

I'll bet it would have that effect on me, too. It doesn't take much to make me feel "speedy".

I hate it!

-Abbey

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

But you wouldn't want me to bring him unisom. Then again, it would likely work, just make him sleepy too, which of course the benadryl would do. Also, it's possible that other medicines with diphenhydramine, may also have another active ingredient that you don't want. But I know what you're saying and agree otherwise.

Rick's wife had some spray when I was visiting them, The forehead sting I got hurt like hell! But she sprayed this crap, I wiped it in a tad, and within seconds the pain was gone and the swelling going down already. Good product, whatever it was!
    Of course bring Unisom if that's what you have - because almost ALL sleep meds are simply anti-histamines anyway. Any other ingredient they may have (like, tylenol in Tylenol PM) is just gravy.

7. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Of course bring Unisom if that's what you have - because almost ALL sleep meds are simply anti-histamines anyway. Any other ingredient they may have (like, tylenol in Tylenol PM) is just gravy.
    Not mine, I use a prescription sleep aid, only the high test in my stuff.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Not mine, I use a prescription sleep aid, only the high test in my stuff.

Righto - am speaking of - and should have clarified - OTC sleep pills.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Righto - am speaking of - and should have clarified - OTC sleep pills.
    Yups, shit I have would most likely make others sleep for 12 hours or so at minimum.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Yups, shit I have would most likely make others sleep for 12 hours or so at minimum.
    For me that happened when laying in bed and she was talkin' about her hopes and dreams and fears and junk or stuff....puts me right out.

12. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

For me that happened when laying in bed and she was talkin' about her hopes and dreams and fears and junk or stuff....puts me right out.

-Abbey

14. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post