Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default HOW is this a burden?

There IS no burden. They are anti-Catholics who simply aren't happy seeing potential catholics not have to follow a mandate. I know a bunch of atheists and none of them respond or act in this manner.

I don't think ANYONE should be forced to provide anything. Damn, folks want to have sex and are worried about having a child, then either don't partake, or pay the $.99 for a condom or see a doctor. I'm tired of the non-stop lack of personal responsibility from people, and just as much their diehard belief that everyone owes them something and everything should be free.

---

Lonely, Confused Atheists Call New Obamacare Religious Exemption A ‘Burden To Religious Freedom’

American atheist groups released statements suggesting that they are hopelessly confused after the Trump administration announced a birth control exemption for employee health insurance plans in cases when employers have sincere religious or moral objections to birth control.

The administration’s Affordable Care Act exemption — announced on Friday — includes private companies, universities and “any non-profit organization” with “religious or moral objection to providing contraception,” a senior Health and Human Services official said on Friday. The new rule takes effect immediately.

The Secular Coalition for America, an aggressively anti-Christian lobbying group based in Washington, D.C., condemned the new birth control exemption by attempting to argue that allowing more religious freedom is in itself “a substantial burden to religious freedom.”

Religious people have no right to express their beliefs if such expression infringes on someone else’s right to use free or discount birth control, Secular Coalition spokesman Larry T. Decker said in a statement released on Friday.

“Preserving religious freedom does not mean expanding the right to impose beliefs on others,” Decker said. “It means ensuring that all Americans have the right to make medical decisions without interference from anyone else’s religious or moral beliefs.”

“This rule from Health and Human Services frames the contraception mandate as imposing a ‘substantial burden’ on employers,” Decker also said. “The private medical decisions made by an employee are not the business of their employer. The president’s action removes an imagined burden on employers and places a very real burden on women across the country.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/07/lo...gious-freedom/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The Catholics were having beliefs forced on them. But same is true of people being forced to bake cakes for gay couples.

i disagree with the Catholics on birth control. But don't force them to prescribe it or pay for it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    There IS no burden. They are anti-Catholics who simply aren't happy seeing potential catholics not have to follow a mandate. I know a bunch of atheists and none of them respond or act in this manner.

I don't think ANYONE should be forced to provide anything. Damn, folks want to have sex and are worried about having a child, then either don't partake, or pay the $.99 for a condom or see a doctor. I'm tired of the non-stop lack of personal responsibility from people, and just as much their diehard belief that everyone owes them something and everything should be free.

---

Lonely, Confused Atheists Call New Obamacare Religious Exemption A ‘Burden To Religious Freedom’

American atheist groups released statements suggesting that they are hopelessly confused after the Trump administration announced a birth control exemption for employee health insurance plans in cases when employers have sincere religious or moral objections to birth control.

The administration’s Affordable Care Act exemption — announced on Friday — includes private companies, universities and “any non-profit organization” with “religious or moral objection to providing contraception,” a senior Health and Human Services official said on Friday. The new rule takes effect immediately.

The Secular Coalition for America, an aggressively anti-Christian lobbying group based in Washington, D.C., condemned the new birth control exemption by attempting to argue that allowing more religious freedom is in itself “a substantial burden to religious freedom.”

Religious people have no right to express their beliefs if such expression infringes on someone else’s right to use free or discount birth control, Secular Coalition spokesman Larry T. Decker said in a statement released on Friday.

“Preserving religious freedom does not mean expanding the right to impose beliefs on others,” Decker said. “It means ensuring that all Americans have the right to make medical decisions without interference from anyone else’s religious or moral beliefs.”

“This rule from Health and Human Services frames the contraception mandate as imposing a ‘substantial burden’ on employers,” Decker also said. “The private medical decisions made by an employee are not the business of their employer. The president’s action removes an imagined burden on employers and places a very real burden on women across the country.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/07/lo...gious-freedom/
    Religious freedom does not translate into "freedom from religion". I don't see the problem here. Want a pill and can't get it? Go to a different place where you can. I don't go to McDonald's and bitch because I can't find any health food.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke