Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default VP Pence bails on NFL game when players kneel

Vice President Mike Pence leaves Colts-49ers game after players reportedly kneel

Vice President Mike Pence spoke out on Sunday about why he left a football game between the Indianapolis Colts-San Francisco 49ers game, the same day it emerged that former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has said he'd stand for the national anthem if he can play in the NFL once more.

“I left today's Colts game because @POTUS and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem,” Pence tweeted.

Several 49ers players reportedly kneeled for the anthem on Sunday in Indianapolis.

Pence later tweeted, "At a time when so many Americans are inspiring our nation with their courage, resolve, and resilience..."

"...now, more than ever, we should rally around our Flag and everything that unites us...," he added in another tweet.

Rest - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/08...dly-kneel.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

From my Facebook feed. Lmao.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

...Good

4. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Hey, if one is going to stand against something, they should lead by example in how it should be handled. It really won't amount to a bunch of beans at the end of the day, but shows that he respects the flag/anthem & "please rise to honor..." which is usually followed by "our troops around the world" or "America" - or usually both.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I'm not convinced. I'd take any excuse to get out of a 49ers - Colts game I could come up with.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Pretty expensive way to make a point...

He flew in from California for a PR stunt, then flew back, wasting a load taxpayer money.

He knew players would take a knee, the 49ers have probably got more players protesting than any other team, what the fuck did he expect?

It's not like he's a regular at the Colts games, when was the last time he attended one? 2014?

All the reports I've read say he was "following instructions from President Trump." Really? He can't think for himself?

Nope, sorry, no applause or kudos from me, the best you'll get from me is a "when are you going to pay back the taxpayer for your ill conceived and pointless PR stunt?"
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

9. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Some of us appreciate what Pence did, without bringing up the costs.

How many times did Obama vacation, play golf, and hide away on OUR DIME?

I SALUTE THE VP for showing everyone how serious most of us are.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

11. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Pretty expensive way to make a point...

He flew in from California for a PR stunt, then flew back, wasting a load taxpayer money.

He knew players would take a knee, the 49ers have probably got more players protesting than any other team, what the fuck did he expect?

It's not like he's a regular at the Colts games, when was the last time he attended one? 2014?

All the reports I've read say he was "following instructions from President Trump." Really? He can't think for himself?

Nope, sorry, no applause or kudos from me, the best you'll get from me is a "when are you going to pay back the taxpayer for your ill conceived and pointless PR stunt?"
    Perhaps it does boil down to a stunt of sorts, but it didn't cost much. He was in Vegas and came home yesterday and spent the night in Indiana, went to game, then he is heading to the west coast.

13. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

--

San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid said Pence’s departure looked like “a PR stunt.”

“He knew our team has had the most players protest, he knew that we were probably going to do it again,” Reid said. “This is what systemic oppression looks like: man with power comes to the game, tweets a couple things out and leaves the game in an attempt to thwart our efforts.”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

--

San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid said Pence’s departure looked like “a PR stunt.”

“He knew our team has had the most players protest, he knew that we were probably going to do it again,” Reid said. “This is what systemic oppression looks like: man with power comes to the game, tweets a couple things out and leaves the game in an attempt to thwart our efforts.”

Reid is a fool.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

16. Likes jimnyc, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I'm glad he left, I'm still thrilled about that...

But seeing more and more that it was a setup from the get go, he should just have stayed away. I think making an announcement that he wouldn't be attending at all would have been effective as well. Had they been standing, and then did something like this because of his appearance, and he was genuinely planning on staying for the duration, that would be different.

But oppression, because he bailed? Covfefe?

18. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

--

What oppression and what effort? If the effort is to be a douche, he gets the t-bag. Otherwise, in case no one's noticed, not a whole bunch of anybody gives a damn about any perceived oppression and EVERYONE has an opinion on the anthem.

Still, was a PR stunt.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Good. I enjoy seeing these commie punks being exposed for the douchebags they are.

Nice work, 46! 2024 is your year.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What oppression and what effort? If the effort is to be a douche, he gets the t-bag. Otherwise, in case no one's noticed, not a whole bunch of anybody gives a damn about any perceived oppression and EVERYONE has an opinion on the anthem.

Still, was a PR stunt.
    It may be a pr stunt. But I love it. The media will be screaming for for another week. Jimmy kimmel might cry again.

22. Thanks aboutime, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Glad it was finally pointed out that someone walked out of a game.

Fuck the NFL. I hope the league goes broke. Let these shit stain game players find a real job, if they have the brains for it.

24. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post