Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump or the media?

I'll have to choose door #2, the media, by far. And not because I support Trump, but because of the obvious, that they have their own agendas as well. I also believe more Americans tune into their TV sets, and the news, than they do the white house. Folks believe what they hear or read from the news and act/react accordingly. Even if 100% factually accurate, seems like the news companies want to make things worse. But as of the past few years, the amount of lying, the amount of reporting via "anonymous" sources more and more.

I think a shitload of Americans were unhappy anyway, and definitely a lot because Trump won the election. But the news media is a perpetual machine of drama, IMO.

---

Is It Trump or the Media Causing the 'Unhappiness' of Americans?

I was at the store yesterday and saw an article about how Americans are more optimistic about the economy but unhappy with the country in general:

WASHINGTON — Americans overwhelmingly disagree with President Trump on just about everything from his military threats to North Korea to his combative stance toward NFL players who won't stand for the National Anthem.
    But a USA TODAY/Suffolk University poll also finds an unusual disconnect: Americans are increasingly optimistic about the nation's economy.

"He's just really intent on keeping the nation divided," says William Reed, 52, of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, who voted for Democrat Hillary Clinton last year and was among those polled. "No empathy; no compassion; just all about him and tweeting."

Trump's defenders counter that he has faced tough problems and unrelenting opposition from his political foes. "It's not a good climate out there, and he's navigating through it," John Sakach, 80, the owner of a construction-supply business in suburban Chicago, said in a follow-up interview.

For the first time during Trump's presidency, a majority of Americans, 53%, say in the USA TODAY poll that the economy is in a recovery. That typically would lift views that the nation is headed in the right direction. But this time, nearly two-thirds, or 64%, also say the country is on the wrong track, up 21 percentage points since the beginning of the year and the highest of his tenure.

Remember when polls showed the opposite--that people "approved" of Obama but were not optimistic about the economy? Why the disconnect? Because the media was a non-stop lovefest for Obama with any outliers demonized, and that psychological mindhit was enough to cause people to say they approved of Obama despite his policies not being good for the economy. Studies have shown the media to be up to 91% negative on Trump (it's probably more) and frankly, my ears perk up when I hear anything positive from the media because of the rarity.

This negativity has a psychological impact on people; it makes them more depressed about the world around them:

According to some psychologists, exposure to negative and violent media may have serious and long-lasting psychological effects beyond simple feelings of pessimism or disapproval. The work of British psychologist Dr. Graham Davey, who specializes in the psychological effects of media violence, suggests that violent media exposure can exacerbate or contribute to the development of stress, anxiety, depression and even post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/drhelen/2017/10/...ess-americans/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

......Liberalism:Causing Great Depression among "American" People...Because the (Left-Wing) "Media"...is full of Deceit...Twist...spin...lies and Ignorance....

"PJMedia" is part of "them"...

...They (Liberals) and Never (Trumpers) ...
    lost the election...all they have left is smear...Deceit...twist and spin to use against Trump...and the American people...They have Nothing solid to run on...its a daily thing with "them"...Informed American people are on to "Them"