Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Eminent domain for the Wall

We knew this would be a hot topic going into things. I have zero issue with this, just ensure that any citizens get more than compensated properly.

The government as a whole will make these decisions. Trump himself cannot "take" someone's property. So before someone rambles in screaming AC, please, save it. The apples won't be eating the oranges today.

"We can have security without a wall" - sure, show me a way, and prove that no one is getting across, and then I'll be happy to listen and/or go that route. But it's not the case.

---

Border-State Lawmakers Try to Block Eminent Domain from Being Used for Wall

WASHINGTON – Two Democratic congressman have teamed up on a bill that would prevent the federal government from violating the property rights of residents who do not want portions of the border wall or barrier located on their property.

Reps. Ruben Gallego (D-Ariz.) and Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) are proposing “The Protecting the Property Rights of Border Landowners Act,” which would “amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to prohibit the Secretary of Homeland Security and the Attorney General from using eminent domain to acquire land for the purpose of constructing a wall, or other physical barrier, along the international border between the United States and Mexico, and for other purposes.”

On a conference call organized by America’s Voice on Wednesday about private land use for the construction of an “illogical” border wall, the representatives were asked for their response to ranchers in Arizona who support having a border wall on their property for security reasons.

“There’s also many ranchers who do not want a border wall and there’s also many families that do not want a border wall that would basically obstruct their property, and you could have security without a border wall,” Gallego said.

“We do believe in increasing border security where it is possible, but it does not necessarily have to be a wall,” he added. “A wall will essentially be a structure that is going to memorialize Trump’s xenophobia but not necessarily bring security, and wasting money on that is not a responsible use of tax dollars.”

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...ain-used-wall/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I hate the USSC decision expanding eminent domain rights. But this usage fits solidly into the original purpose of the law.

In the meantime, I say we impose a "I Love Immigration" tax on only those folks who support illegal immigration. Since they are so adamant that there will be no ill effects from unchecked immigration and all. It will help fund the tons of social programs and increased police needed as a result. And you know it's always great to see someone put their money where their mouth is.

Unconstitutional, you say? Hey, who cares anymore. The left surely does not.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

3. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post