Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Has Obamacare itself been through the Supreme Court? I don't remember. If it hasn't, challenging an unconstitutional SO of an unconstitutional law might be opening a can of worms lefties don't want to touch.
    Yes it was. That's why I call it Roberts care. And in your model of congress can stand up to him , how many votes would be necessary? If all the dems, Collins, the Alaskan senator and mctumor vote against him , is that enough to get rid of his EO?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Yes it was. That's why I call it Roberts care. And in your model of congress can stand up to him , how many votes would be necessary? If all the dems, Collins, the Alaskan senator and mctumor vote against him , is that enough to get rid of his EO?
    If the Dems and the RINOs/anti-Trumpies in Congress ALL stand up to him, they have enough actually to impeach him but certainly enough to stop anything he does. all they would have to do is enact a laws that counter anything he does.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

If the Dems and the RINOs/anti-Trumpies in Congress ALL stand up to him, they have enough actually to impeach him but certainly enough to stop anything he does. all they would have to do is enact a laws that counter anything he does.
    How would they enact laws he can veto ? Or would they have enough to override veto?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

How would they enact laws he can veto ? Or would they have enough to override veto?
    It takes 2/3's to override a veto. The Dems PLUS the RINOs.anti-Trumpies could do it.

Don't see that happening though. The NEOCONs/anti-Trumpies don't have enough collective balls to do it. And it would take all of the above.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

It takes 2/3's to override a veto. The Dems PLUS the RINOs.anti-Trumpies could do it.

Don't see that happening though. The NEOCONs/anti-Trumpies don't have enough collective balls to do it. And it would take all of the above.
    Ok. 2/3 probably won't happen. But I can see McCain murkowski and Collins getting on board.

No worries about 9th district ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Ok. 2/3 probably won't happen. But I can see McCain murkowski and Collins getting on board.

No worries about 9th district ?
    The thing is, the court (9th District) cannot challenge law. The judiciary's REAL function is to interpret law. It's a perfect example of what I meant earlier about the Constitution -- legislation from the bench is also unconstitutional.

Anyway, WHO is going to challenge the law? Someone has to challenge it on legal grounds before the court can hear it. Then it has to wind its way through the mill. I'm not familiar enough with the law because it doesn't impact me at the paying level. I have insurance. It affects me at the user level by overcrowding medical services. The 9th District though cannot just decide to act on a law not presented to it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The thing is, the court (9th District) cannot challenge law. The judiciary's REAL function is to interpret law. It's a perfect example of what I meant earlier about the Constitution -- legislation from the bench is also unconstitutional.

Anyway, WHO is going to challenge the law? Someone has to challenge it on legal grounds before the court can hear it. Then it has to wind its way through the mill. I'm not familiar enough with the law because it doesn't impact me at the paying level. I have insurance. It affects me at the user level by overcrowding medical services. The 9th District though cannot just decide to act on a law not presented to it.
    I am feeling extra cynical today. But every time trump
    accomplshes something or is on the cusp of accomplishing something it seems like some MFer screws it up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I am feeling extra cynical today. But every time trump
    accomplshes something or is on the cusp of accomplishing something it seems like some MFer screws it up.
    Someone within 9th District would have to file suit against the Signing Order itself. Then, a 9th District Court would have to disagree with the lawsuit for it to reach the 9th District Court of Appeals.

If a 9th District Judge agrees with the lawsuit and rules in favor of the plaintiff, then Trump has the Right to appeal. If the 9th District Court of Appeals upholds the ruling, I believe Trump still can appeal to the next higher court (Supreme Court?)

OR .... going Trump's route, he could just reword it and produce another Signing Order that says essentially the same thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default That's what Trump wants his enemies to believe.

But Trump is smarter than all of his adversaries who hate him so much.

He knows how to DISTRACT attention...using his tweets, while paying much more attention to the valuable, important stuff the MSM, and Liberals hate so much.

It's almost like a game for Trump. Make everybody be confused, wondering, and making FAKE NEWS, while he enjoys pulling their strings enough to make them run around like chickens with their EMPTY heads off.

Nobody wants to give him any credit for anything. So he just quietly laughs at them, and gets stuff done behind their LYING backs.

Remember how the libs accused Bush of doing all kinds of terrible things...while at the same time...insisting he wasn't smart enough to actually do those terrible things?

Trump is a master of delusion with the FAKE news crowd. And he has fun doing it.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

@Black Diamond You called it. Several states have filed suit in CA to get an injunction against payments be halted.