Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Players will stand - Roger Goodell

Or will some still ignore anyway? Does this make him have slave owner mentality as well? Somehow, I don't think this will end it instantly.

Some have already written "Trump wins". No he doesn't. Sadly, no one wins. Things will be back to 'normal'. No message will be coming across. Complaints will be that things are forced, slavery, blacks ignored.... STILL, they should find another way and STILL get their message across, as I agree with them and it is important. But the fact is, it's not an NFL issue. It's simply NFL players with a platform. And they can still take advantage of that.

---

Roger Goodell sends letter to NFL teams, wants players to stand during anthem

The NFL has developed a plan to "move past" its ongoing debate about player protests during the national anthem and could enact it next week, commissioner Roger Goodell wrote Tuesday in a letter to all 32 teams.

Goodell made it clear in the letter, obtained by ESPN's Adam Schefter, that he wants players to stand during the anthem. He did not provide specifics on how he intends to ensure it, but he wrote that it would "include such elements as an in-season platform to promote the work of our players on these core issues."

The issue will be discussed, and likely acted upon, during the NFL's regularly-scheduled fall meetings on Oct. 17-18.

In the letter, Goodell said he wanted to end the controversy by agreeing on a uniform approach for all teams.

"Like many of our fans," Goodell wrote, "we believe that everyone should stand for the national anthem. It is an important moment in our game. We want to honor our flag and our country, and our fans expect that of us.

"We also care deeply about our players and respect their opinions and concerns about critical social issues. The controversy over the Anthem is a barrier to having honest conversations and making real progress on the underlying issues. We need to move past this controversy, and we want to do that together with our players."

The NFL's current anthem policy states that players "should" stand for the anthem, but it stops short of requiring it.

The proposed new policy is the result of "many of discussions with clubs and players," Goodell added.

President Donald Trump has called on NFL owners since last month to fire players who do not stand for the anthem, saying their protest "disrespects the flag" and the country. The issue intensified last weekend, when Vice President Mike Pence walked out of the 49ers-Colts game because more than 20 players from the 49ers kneeled during the anthem.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ational-anthem

Trump: 'About Time' NFL Demanded Players Stand for Anthem

President Donald Trump took to Twitter Wednesday morning offering praise for National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell about players standing during the national anthem at NFL games.

Goodell had sent a letter Tuesday ordering players to stand for the anthem.

Also on Tuesday, NFL Hall of Fame member Joe Namath pointed out that the beginning of the protest was because Colin Kaepernick was calling attention to racial injustice.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trum.../11/id/818977/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Don't the owners have to vote on this issue ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

And if teams stay in the locker room, screw them. I guarantee Pete Carroll will keep his team in locker room if at all possible. And what about black power signs during the anthem?
    The horseshit will continue and fans will continue to stay away until goodell and NFL players and owners get their collective head out of their ass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Don't the owners have to vote on this issue ?
    For permanent changes they will be meeting before long, for their typical fall owners meetings. But Goodell has a LOT of power of course. He can do this, and perhaps even fine players that ignore him.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I dislike Goodell so much that I hope they continue to kneel while flipping him the bird...

First it was about social injustices...

Okay, I get that...

Then it became a protest of Trump (and still is, in my opinion, no one can really say otherwise at this point)...

Okay, I get that...

Now it will all be about Goodell...

Way to dilute your message guys. Good show!
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Seriously, folks, just stop watching. It's very freeing.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

8. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Seriously, folks, just stop watching. It's very freeing.

I only watch if the Texans are on. That's not often.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I only watch if the Texans are on. That's not often.
    Should live here. Texans, Cowboys and/or any NFC East team every week. Been worse. You used to live in ABQ, right? Broncos, Cardinals or an AFC West game. Easy to quit watching football THERE.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Likes hjmick liked this post