Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default I don't get it

Had another friend delete me on facebook over Trump stuff on someone else's page. No name calling, nothing personal towards one another, just a civil disagreement. Then a few minutes later it pops up that she deleted me!

I don't understand people sometimes. Unable to disagree on something without it being the end of the world or somehow affect the friendship. Quite frankly, it's only facebook anyway, and I'm not sure she was a "friend" to begin with if she was going to delete me over such lame shit.

The hatred for Trump is real. So much that she would toss away a friendship over it. And she's not alone. I read stories like this quite a bit on facebook. And EVERY single one of them was somebody being deleted because of some kind of support for Trump, none I have seen were the other way around.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Had another friend delete me on facebook over Trump stuff on someone else's page. No name calling, nothing personal towards one another, just a civil disagreement. Then a few minutes later it pops up that she deleted me!

I don't understand people sometimes. Unable to disagree on something without it being the end of the world or somehow affect the friendship. Quite frankly, it's only facebook anyway, and I'm not sure she was a "friend" to begin with if she was going to delete me over such lame shit.

The hatred for Trump is real. So much that she would toss away a friendship over it. And she's not alone. I read stories like this quite a bit on facebook. And EVERY single one of them was somebody being deleted because of some kind of support for Trump, none I have seen were the other way around.
    It shows you're on the right side. We lost our best friends over it. A friend of mine asked if they were worth having as friends in the first place???

3. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    It shows you're on the right side. We lost our best friends over it. A friend of mine asked if they were worth having as friends in the first place???
    Wow, best friends? I have family that are democrats, Obama and Hillary supporters. So be it. I just don't talk politics with them, and if they bring it up, I politely change the subject or hear them out. We're on way opposite ends. But I don't think less of them in the slightest bit, just their views.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Wow, best friends? I have family that are democrats, Obama and Hillary supporters. So be it. I just don't talk politics with them, and if they bring it up, I politely change the subject or hear them out. We're on way opposite ends. But I don't think less of them in the slightest bit, just their views.
    I never mentioned trumps name. She came at me with such anger after he won. I think the shock of it was part of the problem. I really liked her. Otherwise I would have pushed back. But we haven't seen her since.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Just let them watch this

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

7. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well... I'm guilty as charged... I unfriended my "celebrity" cousin over in LAla land, CA. Her husband posted something about impeaching president Trump and there were the usual retarded worshiping comments that followed, and she posted in reply to one of them that, "yes, we miss him too," (referring to obama), like he was her IDOL or something. So I posted BULL SHIT and actually blocked them.

Next I posted about the NFL controversy and had a flaming liberal moron cousin give me the leftist babble that it wasn't about the flag, and when I asked then why were they pissing on the flag and national anthem and more blacks are killed by other blacks he said I was wrong and gave me the prog horse shit line about white racists, most assuredly implying I was a racist, so I unfriended and blocked him too. He lives here in town. He calls me a racist to my face I'll kick his pussy liberal ass up and down the fuckin' main drag.

So I guess I'm guilty... ...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-18-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I've nuked a few people off my FB friends list.

I don't have the inclination to see more mindless Soros parroting in my news feed.

A couple weeks ago I nuked & blocked an old highschool friend of mine who's down in AZ these days. He turned into a Cruzbot and is still tearing away at Trump instead of getting with the program. I finally had enough of it and we went a few rounds and I won the debate, but the very next day I got online with my first cup of coffee and there was more crap he was posting from Occupy Democrats. To hell with him, I just blocked it all. Good riddance.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Facebook?

What are you all? 13 year old girls?

Sheesh...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Facebook?

Sheesh...
    It's important stuff. My peeps need to know where I checked in

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Facebook?

Sheesh...

It's actually very handy for staying in touch. I can make internet happen in the middle of nowhere, but I can't easily set up a new cell site. I use FB to communicate with the wifey quite often in my remote travels... easier and faster than email. We've probably confused the hell out of passing bush pilots when their phones alerted them to a kickass internet hotspot on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere.

Also, I have gigs of pictures and video that my family & friends can check out at their leisure and I don't have to worry about some 2nd rate picture hosting site going belly up and losing all my stuff... there's no limit to the amount of vids and pics you can upload to your profile.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    It's actually very handy for staying in touch. I can make internet happen in the middle of nowhere, but I can't easily set up a new cell site. I use FB to communicate with the wifey quite often in my remote travels... easier and faster than email. We've probably confused the hell out of passing bush pilots when their phones alerted them to a kickass internet hotspot on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere.

Also, I have gigs of pictures and video that my family & friends can check out at their leisure and I don't have to worry about some 2nd rate picture hosting site going belly up and losing all my stuff... there's no limit to the amount of vids and pics you can upload to your profile.
    You also find out what people are really like. It's interesting stuff.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    You also find out what people are really like. It's interesting stuff.
    Yeah, probably my biggest pet peeve with people is the passive/aggressive crap they'll post... I weed those out pretty fast.

It's good to be able to see what the family is up to, I've got them scattered halfway around the world.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Can't say I don't get it...

But both my wife and I do...get it. We had long time, friendly neighbors across the street who often did us favors, and we watched their animals while they went on several vacations over the years.

END OF STORY.....AFTER Trump was elected...they stopped talking, waving, or even looking like they wanted to be seen. It's been since Nov. and WE NO LONGER EXIST to them. Guess they really were never more than strangers who needed some help.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

16. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Facebook?

Sheesh...

It's a hell of a thing to say, but a lot of times news will hit facebook faster than the lamestream media covers it.

And there is those funny pictures of cats.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

18. Thanks aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I've not one friend or family block me or vice versa. The kids and I don't agree on politics, some of my friends too. Doesn't matter, our relationships don't begin or end with politics.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill