Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    Women in extremist Muslim and Hindu cultures also have little to worry about. All they are required to do is have children and take care of the home. They aren't allowed to appear in public without their husband/master. They can't speak for themselves, because they aren't supposed to have opinions. Girls are usually raised with no education. Because they have only one option in life, which is to be sold to or matched up with a male.
    Funny you mention Edith Bunker. If you think Edith was subservient, you didn't watch too many episodes. And AITF fans know how Edith's daughter Gloria turned out. She married a liberal "meathead."
    Tailfins, I don't know how old your kids are. But if they are any reflection of who you are, I hope you have them in a private school where student behavior is strictly regulated. Because otherwise, they are going to rebel. Sort of like I did.
    Yep, your kids are going to become liberals.
    I keep telling you ... you aren't a liberal. Not from the 70s. You're more the Jimmy Carter and after type lefty. Liberals don't tell people how to live. They live the way they want and don't want to be hassled. Rebelling against your parents just makes you one of a couple million others just like you.

Anyway, I loved All in the Family. When Edith would bow up on Archie was hilarious. When she started menopause and Archie was clueless was a riot. She told him to get his own beer The look on his face was priceless. They could have left Meathead out of the show for all I cared about him. He was just around for Archie to beat up on.

Archie and George Jefferson going at it was the best

TF's wife is going to bow up on him one day and it's going to crush what little self esteem he has.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I keep telling you ... you aren't a liberal. Not from the 70s. You're more the Jimmy Carter and after type lefty. Liberals don't tell people how to live. They live the way they want and don't want to be hassled. Rebelling against your parents just makes you one of a couple million others just like you.
    You are probably right. My husband and I have both moved more toward the middle in recent years. I used to be a lot more radical than I am now. I am nowhere close to the radical person I was when I first came here.

TF's wife is going to bow up on him one day and it's going to crush what little self esteem he has.
    This is going to happen. Like that scene in All In The Family where Edith went off and told Archie to stifle.
    The Jeffersons were not nearly as funny or cutting edge when they had their own show. They needed Archie to play off of.

3. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You are probably right. My husband and I have both moved more toward the middle in recent years. I used to be a lot more radical than I am now. I am nowhere close to the radical person I was when I first came here.

This is going to happen. Like that scene in All In The Family where Edith went off and told Archie to stifle.
    The Jeffersons were not nearly as funny or cutting edge when they had their own show. They needed Archie to play off of.
    Because Archie and George Jefferson were essentially the same bigot from opposite ends of the spectrum, and the actors played it perfectly that they didn't see they were in essence arguing with themselves and one was just as narrow-minded as the other. I think the episode you are talking about is the one I am -- Edith hits menopause.

Wonder how Tailfins thinks he is going to handle THAT? I'd rather go back into combat than deal with that sh*t again

We ALL have to grow up. Your jaw would drop to the floor if you'd seen me and my long-ass hair explaining loudly and in no uncertain terms what exactly my Rights were to a cop in 1977. I was "up to no good' because I had long hair and wearing a tie-dyed tee and Navy dungarees (denim bell bottoms). I was stoned off my ass too. I've also been in a fight with a cop that turned into cops. I didn't win. To this day I can't stand being around them because I've been party of their abuse of authority these crybabies nowadays have only read about. It's also why I HATE abuse of authority.

Difference is, we were liberals, but we were also military rednecks. Try wrapping your head around THAT mindset sometime.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

That's just when Archie *REALLY* screwed up. My wife occasionally "bows up", perhaps a couple of times per year. I was on this old car buying binge once, I already had a 1959 Impala and 1952 Chevy Half Ton. When I bought a 1963 Ford Galaxy Convertible and a parts car, my wife rightly said "this is crazy, if you have a brain in your head, you will stop this". Now if I want to ride around in vintage vehicles, a plane ticket to Cuba can be had for a bit over $400. That's a world better than spending scores of thousands of dollars buying and maintaining them yourself.
    Last edited by tailfins; 10-13-2017 at 10:20 AM.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    That's just when Archie *REALLY* screwed up. My wife occasionally "bows up", perhaps a couple of times per year. I was on this old car buying binge once, I already had a 1959 Impala and 1952 Chevy Half Ton. When I bought a 1963 Ford Galaxy Convertible and a parts car, my wife rightly said "this is crazy, if you have a brain in your head, you will stop this". Now if I want to ride around in vintage vehicles, a plane ticket to Cuba can be had for a bit over $400. That's a world better than spending scores of thousands of dollars buying and maintaining them yourself.
    Yeah, I quit drinking too. When I felt like it. That anyone else happened to agree with the decision was coincidental. Doesn't count.

Now if you're saying you quit your little habit because the little lady demanded so, guess you aren't quite as large and in charge as you think, huh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yeah, I quit drinking too. When I felt like it. That anyone else happened to agree with the decision was coincidental. Doesn't count.

Now if you're saying you quit your little habit because the little lady demanded so, guess you aren't quite as large and in charge as you think, huh?
    It's not really a demand, more like the oil light on your car. You can ignore it and lock up your engine or you can immediately shut it off. It's more like hearing "check yourself before you wreck yourself". When she "bows up" as you put it, I can ignore it and watch a major problem occur. If I'm on a path that obviously bad, I had better listen.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tailfins View Post
    It's not really a demand, more like the oil light on your car. You can ignore it and lock up your engine or you can immediately shut it off. It's more like hearing "check yourself before you wreck yourself". When she "bows up" as you put it, I can ignore it and watch a major problem occur. If I'm on a path that obviously bad, I had better listen.
    Keep kidding yourself, slick. THAT is called "the WOMAN of the house hath laideth the smacketh down on your ass

Key phrases: "watch a major problem occur" (if I don't heel); "on a path that is obviously bad, I had BETTER LISTEN".

What was all this blather you were saying about subservience? You're full of shit. Your wishful thinking doesn't make anything more than just another guy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default tailfins...this brings you out of your sick, selfish closet for all to see.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/misogynist
    Misogyny - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny
    Misogyny is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny can be .... In Christian Men Who Hate Women, clinical psychologist Margaret J. Rinck has written that Christian social culture often allows ... and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.
    ‎Definitions · ‎Historical usage · ‎Religion · ‎Philosophers and thinkers ...
    misogynist - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/misogynist
    A misogynist is a person who hates or doesn't trust women. ... in the kitchen and shouldn't be accorded the same respect as men, you might be a misogynist.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !