Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Bowe Bergdahl Pleads Guilty To Desertion, Misconduct

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who was held by the Taliban after leaving his base in Afghanistan in 2009, has pleaded guilty to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy, according to multiple news outlets. Bergdahl was freed in 2014 in exchange for five Taliban detainees.
    Bergdahl, a native of Idaho, pleaded guilty before the military judge in the case, Army Col. Jeffery R. Nance, at a hearing at Fort Bragg, N.C., on Monday, according to the Associated Press.
    The AP adds, "It's not clear if Bergdahl, 31, has a deal with prosecutors to limit his punishment, or if he's simply pleading guilty in hopes of leniency from Nance. The misbehavior charge carries a maximum penalty of life in prison, while the desertion charge is punishable by up to five years."
    Questioned by Nance, Bergdahl said, "I left my observation post on my own," CNN reports, adding that the soldier also said, "I understand leaving was against the law."
    The guilty plea comes more than two years after the charges were filed. Earlier this year, Bergdahl's lawyers said their client wouldn't be able to get a fair trial, citing dozens of comments about him that were made by President Trump, dating back to 2015
    more: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ion-misconduct

One for the good guys
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

But he served with "Honor and Distinction"! 0bama said so when he traded 5 terrorists for this one.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

It is injustice on an epic scale that this ffing vermin has not already been shot by firing squad, IMHO!!!!!

A TRAITOR USED BY THE TRAITOR OBAMA TO GIVE AID TO OUR NATION'S ENEMIES BY WAY OF A SWAP.

YET NO TRUE JUSTICE WILL EVER BE GIVEN TO EITHER HIM OR THE OTHER FFING SCUM OBAMA!
    As both engaged in treason, IMHO.....

Sad that this piece of filth has not already been legally sentenced and executed for his undeniable actions of desertion and treason!--Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    It is injustice on an epic scale that this ffing vermin has not already been shot by firing squad, IMHO!!!!!

A TRAITOR USED BY THE TRAITOR OBAMA TO GIVE AID TO OUR NATION'S ENEMIES BY WAY OF A SWAP.

YET NO TRUE JUSTICE WILL EVER BE GIVEN TO EITHER HIM OR THE OTHER FFING SCUM OBAMA!
    As both engaged in treason, IMHO.....

Sad that this piece of filth has not already been legally sentenced and executed for his undeniable actions of desertion and treason!--Tyr
    I don't find it coincidental that the investigation and court martial outlasted "Mr Legacy's" presidency.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I hope he gets the toughest possible sentence, life in prison would suit me.

--

Bergdahl Pleads Guilty To Charges Of Desertion, Misbehavior

Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl formally pleaded guilty to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy Monday.

Bergdahl, a 31-year-old soldier who left his post in Afghanistan in 2009 only to be captured by the Taliban and held for five years until 2014, now faces a sentence of up to life in prison, The New York Times reports.

While the initial charge of desertion carries a sentence of up to five years, the charge of misbehavior before the enemy is much more serious and could result in Bergdahl heading to prison for life. Misbehavior before the enemy has rarely been used since World War II.

Bergdahl’s initial excuse for leaving base was that he wanted to walk 18 miles to another U.S. base to report problems with his unit. However, what both parties can agree on is that the Taliban subsequently captured him and held him until 2014, at which point the Obama administration swapped five Taliban prisoners in Guantanamo Bay for Bergdahl’s release.

“I left my observation post on my own,” Bergdahl said Monday. “I understand leaving was against the law.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/16/be...n-misbehavior/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Let's stop dignifying this traitor.

Let's stop calling him SGT anything. He is a Deserter. At any other time in our History. He would have been shot by a FIRING SQUAD.

I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I don't give a fuck if he was beaten daily and stuffed in a little cage for 5 years, American soldiers DIED trying to find this ASS WIPE, he should be SHOT by firing squad.

But, we know that ain't gonna happen so life in prison.. fuck him. He's the lowest of the low in military terms.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-16-2017 at 09:19 PM.

13. Thanks aboutime, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Plea deal. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets away with "probation" and time served...
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

15. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

he's still a Sergeant. He will not be much longer. He's still a veteran. He enlisted - more than 90% of the rest of eligible folks...

Then he became a sack of shit. It happens.

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    he's still a Sergeant. He will not be much longer. He's still a veteran. He enlisted - more than 90% of the rest of eligible folks...

Then he became a sack of shit. It happens.
    Leave it to Obama to embrace the sack.

19. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post