Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Funniest Headline/Story of the Day...

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up...

Hacked Butt Plug Can Be Controlled 'From Anywhere

Researchers have discovered a serious security flaw with a Bluetooth-enabled butt plug that allows hackers to remotely take control of the vibrating sex toy.

Italian security researcher Giovanni Mellini published his findings in a blogpost on Tuesday, October 18, describing how he was able to send a vibrate command to a Hush butt plug from his laptop.

The Hush device, manufactured by Lovense, is designed to be a “long-distance love toy” and is described by the sex toy startup as “the world’s first teledildonic butt plug” that can be "controlled from anywhere."

Mellini said the idea to hack a butt plug started as a joke between a friend but decided to follow through after wanting to explore the security of the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) protocol.

“This caught my attention after researchers told us that a lot of sex toys use this protocol to allow remote control that is insecure by design,” Mellini explained in his blog.

The BLE protocol vulnerability was first discovered by another security researcher called Simone Margaritelli, who wrote a scanner that Mellini used in the butt plug hack. Margaritelli described BLE in a separate blogpost as “a cheap and very insecure version of Bluetooth, in which you have…. no built-in protocol security...”

Last year, security researchers from cybersecurity firm Trend Micro demonstrated how they could hack a web-connected vibrator.

And now the best line from the article:

“If I hack a vibrator it’s just fun,” Raimund Genes, chief technology officer at Trend Micro, said at the time. “But if I can get to the back-end, I can blackmail the manufacturer.”
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

2. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Today's selection...

Yes, it is teenage humor, but I still laughed when I read it...

Want To See Uranus With The Naked Eye? Tonight Is The Night

Drudge put it this way:

TONIGHT: Uranus Visible To Naked Eye...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Folks, you just can't make this stuff up...

Hacked Butt Plug Can Be Controlled 'From Anywhere

Researchers have discovered a serious security flaw with a Bluetooth-enabled butt plug that allows hackers to remotely take control of the vibrating sex toy.

Italian security researcher Giovanni Mellini published his findings in a blogpost on Tuesday, October 18, describing how he was able to send a vibrate command to a Hush butt plug from his laptop.

The Hush device, manufactured by Lovense, is designed to be a “long-distance love toy” and is described by the sex toy startup as “the world’s first teledildonic butt plug” that can be "controlled from anywhere."

Mellini said the idea to hack a butt plug started as a joke between a friend but decided to follow through after wanting to explore the security of the Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) protocol.

“This caught my attention after researchers told us that a lot of sex toys use this protocol to allow remote control that is insecure by design,” Mellini explained in his blog.

The BLE protocol vulnerability was first discovered by another security researcher called Simone Margaritelli, who wrote a scanner that Mellini used in the butt plug hack. Margaritelli described BLE in a separate blogpost as “a cheap and very insecure version of Bluetooth, in which you have…. no built-in protocol security...”

Last year, security researchers from cybersecurity firm Trend Micro demonstrated how they could hack a web-connected vibrator.

And now the best line from the article:

“If I hack a vibrator it’s just fun,” Raimund Genes, chief technology officer at Trend Micro, said at the time. “But if I can get to the back-end, I can blackmail the manufacturer.”
    Why in Hell would ANYONE want a remotely activated buttplug? I'm LMAO. That just seems S-O-O-O out there
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Okay...

So this isn't a funny headline, but it is funny...

Earlier today I clicked on a link to an article about the recent outbreak of the pneumonic plague in Madagascar and neighboring countries, the article discussed the possibility of a global outbreak and how health experts are saying there is something different about this new outbreak.

Here's the article:

Warnings of ‘GLOBAL OUTBREAK’ of Black Death as PLAGUE continues to spread

HEALTH experts are warning there is “something different” about a new Black Death outbreak spreading across the world.

Okay... So I'm reading the article, looking at the graphics that accompany the article, then I see this:

With this caption:

ISOLATION: Doctors treating a patient infected with the Bubonic Plague

All very dramatic, right?

Not so fast... Look closely at the "doctors" on the right and left...

Yes... That's right... That's Scott Bakula and Lucas Black. The picture of doctors treating a plague victim is a still from the TV series NCIS: New Orleans.

Now granted, the Daily Star probably isn't exactly a pillar of credibility, but come on...
    Last edited by hjmick; 10-30-2017 at 07:28 PM.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Okay...

So this isn't a funny headline, but it is funny...

Earlier today I clicked on a link to an article about the recent outbreak of the pneumonic plague in Madagascar and neighboring countries, the article discussed the possibility of a global outbreak and how health experts are saying there is something different about this new outbreak.

Here's the article:

Warnings of ‘GLOBAL OUTBREAK’ of Black Death as PLAGUE continues to spread

HEALTH experts are warning there is “something different” about a new Black Death outbreak spreading across the world.

Okay... So I'm reading the article, looking at the graphics that accompany the article, then I see this:

With this caption:

ISOLATION: Doctors treating a patient infected with the Bubonic Plague

All very dramatic, right?

Not so fast... Look closely at the "doctors" on the right and left...

Yes... That's right... That's Scott Bakula and Lucas Black. The picture of doctors treating a plague victim is a still from the TV series NCIS: New Orleans.

Now granted, the Daily Star probably isn't exactly a pillar of credibility, but come on...
    Doesn't it ever scare you a little the Star and Globe actually have been in business forever?
    Last edited by Gunny; 10-30-2017 at 07:50 PM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke