Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default When The CATS Away, The MICE Will Play...

Looky at what the new board bot, "debater," is doing while there's no mod here... digging up threads from 10+ years ago, repeating irrelevant comments, not responding to anyone ever... but it sure is having a good time.

By the time a mod or admin gets on the board tomorrow it should have posted some kind of garbage in a few hundred old threads. It'll be a real nice mess to clean up.

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Looky at what the new board bot, "debater," is doing while there's no mod here... digging up threads from 10+ years ago, repeating irrelevant comments, not responding to anyone ever... but it sure is having a good time.

By the time a mod or admin gets on the board tomorrow it should have posted some kind of garbage in a few hundred old threads. It'll be a real nice mess to clean up.
    He's not breaking any rules. Feel free to add him to ignore. If he doesn't get any responses, he'll leave or change.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

*I sent Jimmy a text...to take a "Looksie"....maybe he will get rid of the useless...robotic...boring... pain in the ass....we will see.

6. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    He's not breaking any rules. Feel free to add him to ignore. If he doesn't get any responses, he'll leave or change.
    ""He's not breaking any rules.''
    ^^^^^ While that may be true, it does nothing to address the reality that to displace all current ongoing topics with old and dead threads is detrimental to the board and the members here, IMHO.
    Could be it is an attempt to stop certain topics from being discussed--as in it is a form of attack by way of censorship( by way of replacement!).

And that thought has weight since (it) , the thing doing this does not respond to any comment/reply made back to it.
    This is an issue that should be addressed , IMHO..--TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

*I sent Jimmy a text...to take a "Looksie"....maybe he will get rid of the useless...robotic...boring... pain in the ass....we will see.

Jim is already aware of the ass clown. He just hasn't been on since Confuscious decided to spam the place up again.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    ""He's not breaking any rules.''
    ^^^^^ While that may be true, it does nothing to address the reality that to displace all current ongoing topics with old and dead threads is detrimental to the board and the members here, IMHO.
    Could be it is an attempt to stop certain topics from being discussed--as in it is a form of attack by way of censorship( by way of replacement!).

And that thought has weight since (it) , the thing doing this does not respond to any comment/reply made back to it.
    This is an issue that should be addressed , IMHO..--TYR
    It has been raised before now. Looking at it again for obvious reasons. Believe it or not, we do try to give some time for folks to get with the system. Abuse of openness though is not going to let someone ruin the board for everyone else.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    It has been raised before now. Looking at it again for obvious reasons. Believe it or not, we do try to give some time for folks to get with the system. Abuse of openness though is not going to let someone ruin the board for everyone else.
    I did put "it" on ignore.

"It" hasn't responded to anyone since it came here, which gives me pause to believe it's not a person at all, it's a program or bot.

Why would any sane person dig up a thread from 11 years ago to post some inane garbage that's usually anti American that half the time has nothing to do with the thread topic? It also appears to now be making duplicate posts, again, half the time have nothing to do with the thread.

Why would it chose a board name like "debater" when it hasn't responded to single replied to it? Is that "debating?"

This thing, person or bot, is a pure 100% troll, no matter how you slice it. Very disrupting.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-19-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I did put "it" on ignore.

"It" hasn't responded to anyone since it came here, which gives me pause to believe it's not a person at all, it's a program or bot.

Why would any sane person dig up a thread from 11 years ago to post some inane garbage that's usually anti American that half the time has nothing to do with the thread topic? It also appears to now be making duplicate posts, again, half the time have nothing to do with the thread.

Why would it chose a board name like "debater" when it hasn't responded to single replied to it? Is that "debating?"

This thing, person or bot, is a pure 100% troll, no matter how you slice it. Very disrupting.
    We've been monitoring since he/she/it joined, and we're still trying to determine if it's a communist propagandist helping to further rile up the moonbats or if it's some kind of chatbot.

If you've seen any direct response to any human, please let us know... I haven't seen one yet.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

14. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    We've been monitoring since he/she/it joined, and we're still trying to determine if it's a communist propagandist helping to further rile up the moonbats or if it's some kind of chatbot.

If you've seen any direct response to any human, please let us know... I haven't seen one yet.
    I tried several times to engage it, even asked it direct questions, even asked it to respond directly... nothing.

This can't be a human, or if it is, it can't even read English. It's here to just post anti American propaganda.

But, I'm sure you guys have a handle on it by now. I have it on ignore. No reason to read anything something is posting when it won't respond to anything you've said in response to their post.

"Debater"... pfft... the name couldn't be more ironic.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-19-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Even I find this new member damaging. I can't figure out what is honestly being talked about or just trolled by him.
    Last edited by pete311; 10-19-2017 at 09:34 AM.

17. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I've contacted our new member and asked him to cease the opening of posts older than 30 days or so and to stop one liners and try to participate, not appear like a speed posting robot. We shall see...
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've contacted our new member and asked him to cease the opening of posts older than 30 days or so and to stop one liners and try to participate, not appear like a speed posting robot. We shall see...
    My bet is you don't get a response, Jim. I'd ask for a direct reply and/or dialogue to prove this was in fact a human.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I think this members current status shows how it's being handled.

Just to make folks feel better for the future - even if he made 500 posts overnight, I could clean it in seconds. But if he gets a lot of replies, then of course it would look weird in the future. He's tossed, just leave his crap and it will go down and disappear.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

21. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Well, look what I found out on the interwebs!

From a couple months ago :

One user posted the comment "Long live the Communist Party," and received a response from Baby Q asking, "Do you think that such a corrupt and incompetent political regime can live forever?"

Another user asked Baby Q, "Is democracy good or not?" and got the reply: "There needs to be democracy!"

Apple Daily has said it spoke to a former Tencent employee who argued the app had clearly been developed with universal values in mind, and not "Chinese characteristics".

The Hong Kong paper Ming Pao said it is not known if and when the chatbots will reappear.

This is not the first time that bots have attracted controversy.

Internet giant Tencent, which owns most of China's popular social media platforms including WeChat, is keen to become a leader in AI.

It has been developing the technology since early 2016 and employs around 50 researchers in the southern city of Shenzhen who are working to develop AI capabilities on Chinese social media.
    More : http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-40815024

Looks like the commies are working out the bugs in their chatbots and this was a test run.
    Last edited by NightTrain; 10-19-2017 at 07:04 PM.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

23. Likes jimnyc liked this post