Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Conservatives In Congress Act To End NFL Subsidies Following Protests

There is now a growing sentiment in Congress to question some of the special treatment the NFL and other professional sports teams receive at the taxpayers’ expense.
    One America’s John Hines has more from Washington.

Video at link. http://www.oann.com/conservatives-in...wing-protests/

I completely agree. Got my vote.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I hate reactionary and punitive legislation

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Waste

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debater View Post
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.

That's about right.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

It's mildly unclear what the direct extent of these subsidies are, but in general they should end no matter what.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debater View Post
    Not entirely accurate. LEFTIST Government will think like that, and work to tax people to the hilt. Conservative-minded Governments only tax if they see a particular need for it. Their preference is to reduce tax burdens to the minimum possible, to give entrepreneurialism a chance to flourish.

Debater ... since your own Government has been sharply Left-wing for so very long ... perhaps yours was a mistake that was easy for you to make. What actual experience do you possibly have of a Government committed to Right-wing policies ?? I can assure you that a properly-constituted Right-wing Government will only tax out of necessity, certainly not from ideological preference.

Conservatism values the individual. Left-wing thinking has a contempt for individuals and individual rights, preferring to subsume all of that behind a supposed consideration for 'the masses' ...

... which leads to an excellent basis for large-scale abuse of power ... doesn't it ?
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Video at link. http://www.oann.com/conservatives-in...wing-protests/

I completely agree. Got my vote. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I agree also. Since the NFL has decided to turn itself into a political activist and social outreach organization, then why the hell should tax payers be paying for their hundreds of million dollar stadiums with their money, and then give the NFL tax breaks on top of it?

They shouldn't. If you want to support the NFL as an anti American leftist political activist organization, fine, then the cost of that should be added onto your ticket price, and onto the entities fees that want to advertise during the games.

Leave the tax payers out of it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-19-2017 at 09:35 AM.

9. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I hate reactionary and punitive legislation
    I don't see it as punitive; although, I CAN see that one might see it that way. The issue hasn't come up before, but I am totally against it.

In 1988, Henery Cisneros was Mayor of San Antonio. He sold the city on an "Alamodome". Swore it would get us a pro football team. The cost? a "VIA" tax hike of a couple of cents. SO everyone is thinking, who cares if they jack the price of a bus ride a couple of pennies. Via is the transit system in San Antonio. What he failed to be specific is that "VIA" is ALSO the City of San Antonio. So we got jacked for a dome.

Do we have a pro team? Nope. We're the favorite stepchild for teams to threaten to come to until their cities cave. Still no team. The Spurs nixed the place (they played 3 seasons there) because a domed stadium is too big for basketball. We have an "Alamo Bowl" once a year there. Tractor pulls. The Saints played there after Katrina. Otherwise, it's this really ugly eyesore you can see from US 281 as you drive by that takes up a lot of space.

They of course pulled imminent domain in a mainly poor, black neighborhood and forced them out because they didn't have the means to fight the city.

So it's NOT reactionary with me. I've despised the practice since I was in my 20s. Our tax dollars, at any level of government, shouldn't pay for a bunch of over-aged kids to watch a bunch of overpaid crybaby over-aged kids chase a ball around.

For whatever reason, I'm for pulling the funding/tax breaks or whatever freebies these billionaires get.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke