Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Women invite sex assaults, sometimes the way they dress

If I said that and truly meant it, how would folks here feel about me and my stance?

And how do you feel it would be received if it were a Republican making this very statement? Do you think that the MSM would be bringing it up and perhaps condemning the statement, and maybe even calling for said person to step down/resign?

The only thing I can see having a discussion about is the portion I placed in bold.

--

Dem Rep Claims Women Can ‘Invite’ Sexual Assault

Democrat Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson said Wednesday that women bear some “responsibility” for sexual harassment and assault because of their “inviting” behavior.

Johnson said she was disturbed to find out that producer Harvey Weinstein was a sexual predator, but also put some of the blame on women for their style of dress and how they act around men.

“I grew up in a time when it was as much the woman’s responsibility as it was a man’s — how you were dressed, what your behavior was,” the Texas Democrat said. “I’m from the old school that you can have behaviors that appear to be inviting. It can be interpreted as such. That’s the responsibility, I think, of the female. I think that males have a responsibility to be professional themselves.”

Johnson also accused women of letting men “get away with” sexual harassment by not getting law enforcement involved or taking too long to come forward.

“I think we also need to start talking about the power that women have to control the situation. There’s law enforcement, you can refuse to cooperate with that kind of behavior. I think that many times, men get away with this because they are allowed to get away with it by the women,” Johnson said.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/19/de...assault-video/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks revelarts thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm going to go waaaaay out on the limb here and say I agree with the congress woman.

But... BUT... I'm going to add my qualifier... that if and when a woman says NO, that unconditionally means NO. Doesn't matter how she's dressed or how she's acting, that does NOT give you the go ahead to FORCE yourself on her. It just means she likes to dress and act like a slut, and you're better off moving on anyway.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-19-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I'm going to go waaaaay out on the limb here and say I agree with the congress woman.

But... BUT... I'm going to add my qualifier... that if and when a woman says NO, that unconditionally means NO. Doesn't matter how she's dressed or how she's acting, that does NOT give you the go ahead to FORCE yourself on her. It just means she likes to dress and act like a slut, and you're better off moving on anyway.
    I think sexy clothes, clothing that is very revealing - will undoubtedly get attention. And I think the women dressing as such, I think they are seeking a little bit of attention. But a big difference between attention and seeking someone to assault and/or even just harass them.

So I think "indirectly" they may be luring someone that is a scumbag towards them, but that doesn't make any potential harm their own fault, in any way, shape of or form. But responsibility? For me, to go that far, I would say that perhaps women should have a responsibility in general to dress somewhat appropriately based on your destination. If at work, dress modestly, IMO. If going to a club, dress sexy if you like, but IMO don't dress literally showing off your goods. It's a VERY tough conversation. But a very good one!!

I think women should be able to dress however they please. BUT, women should also understand the times that we live in, understand their surroundings and destination & think about how they are dressing, and think about how men out there WILL think it's an invitation, whether that's the message or not.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    So I think "indirectly" they may be luring someone that is a scumbag towards them, but that doesn't make any potential harm their own fault,
    But Jim... isn't that ---^^^--- comment in and of itself a contraction?

Here's my analogy of that... say a guy wants to go deer hunting, but instead of putting on camouflage and deer scent and stealthily walking through the woods, he instead wears stinky regular clothes and goes crashing through the woods as he walks, and when he doesn't see any deer for doing that he then says, but it wasn't my fault. Kinda in reverse but, know what I mean?

If a girl doesn't WANT to attract the attention of an undesirable man who may or may not be a threat, then why encourage it with tantalizing dress and acting slutty?\

I guess it comes down to, yes, a girl surely could and should share the blame for "attracting" the attention, but she is not to blame for any assault or harm. Kind of an odd situation. If she didn't want some pig hitting on her or even assaulting her, then why put yourself out there giving anyone the impression you're wild and lose?

Kind of reminds me of the thread not long ago about all the LITTLE cheer leaders dressed up sluts dancing in a Miley Cyrus video or something. What point we're the trying to make dressing like that? That they were all little whores?

IDK... call me a prude... but I believe in modesty.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 10-19-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    But Jim... isn't that ---^^^--- comment in and of itself a contraction?
    No.

And that's why I stated indirectly. Yes, perhaps because one action leads towards another action later that evening, I still feel the woman bears no responsibility in getting assaulted or worse. Or even harassed for that matter.

We both know that dressing like a whore will in fact give you a ten fold more chance of getting harassed and of course a higher chance in getting assaulted. Women should know and understand this by now too. But it still doesn't give anyone a right to harass or assault.

I agree that A leads to Z sometimes. And I also agree with modesty. But one shouldn't bear responsibility or fault if they dress a certain way and get harassed or assaulted. That should belong solely to the perpetrator in question.

I know it's a fine line and it's difficult to walk it, as I do feel the actions of dressing like a whore CAN in fact lead to harassment or worse.

7. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post