Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default The General Speaks, addresses Trump response to fallen

Listen in on call, run to press and exaggerate and take things out of context. Have others run with it. And yet other families respond differently. IMO, these things should remain private no matter what. It's someone's death, the loss of a loved one, the loss of an American soldier. Either side politicizing it is disgusting. Honor them and no more.

Watch this video and listen to the General speak, never mind anything about Trump. Folks shouldn't need to be reminded or told about how the whole process plays out, especially if they plan on diminishing it some how. But maybe with more understanding folks will further understand respect. But God forbid these media pundits or democrats listen to what Kelly had to say, but rather shred him for it. This man spoke of the dead. Spoke of soldiers that he himself gave orders to, and they they died. He spoke of many soldiers he buried in Arlington and such. And they shit on the General.

Here's the video, followed by some of today's related news

---

The General Speaks: Kelly Urges Americans To Remember What Is ‘Sacred'

White House chief of staff John Kelly, a retired Marine general whose own son died in combat, told reporters Thursday that he was “stunned” to hear a Florida congresswoman politicize President Donald Trump’s call to comfort the family of a fallen soldier.

Kelly spoke at the White House press briefing following uproar over Democratic Florida Rep. Frederica Wilson’s attacks against the president. Wilson claimed Trump made an insensitive phone call to the widow of Army Sgt. La David T. Johnson.

“I was stunned when I came to work yesterday morning and brokenhearted at what I saw a member of Congress doing,” Kelly said. Rep. Wilson said Trump made Johnson’s widow, Myeshia, cry because he told her that her husband “must have known what he signed up for.”

The retired Marine said that presidents don’t typically call the next of kin of fallen troops and that he actually recommended that Trump not call. “If you elect to call a family like this it is about the most difficult thing you can imagine. There’s no perfect way to make that phone call,” the retired general said. “[Trump] called four people the other day and expressed his condolences in the best way he could and he said to me, ‘What do I say?'”

Kelly went on to say that he told the president what Kelly’s friend Marine Gen. Joe Dunford told him when Kelly’s own son died. “He said, ‘Kel, he was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining… that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were, because we’re at war. And when he died… he was surrounded by the best men on this earth, his friends. That’s what the president tried to say to four families the other day.”

The White House chief of staff then lamented the lack of sacred things left in American society.

“It stuns me that a member of Congress would have listened in on that conversation. Absolutely stuns me. And I thought at least that was sacred. You know when I was a kid growing up a lot of things were sacred in our country. Women were sacred, looked upon with great honor. That’s obviously not the case anymore as we see from recent cases. Life, the dignity of life, was sacred. Religion, that seems to be gone as well. Gold star families, I think that left in the convention over the summer. I just thought the selfless devotion that brings a man or a woman to die on the battlefield, I just thought that might be sacred.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/19/th...hat-is-sacred/

Rep. Wilson: General Kelly ‘Is Trying To Keep His Job’

After Gen. John Kelly delivered an impassioned speech defending President Trump’s phone call with a Gold Star family, Rep. Frederica Wilson said he “will say anything” to “keep his job.”

During a speech to the White House press corps, Kelly referred to Wilson as an “empty barrel” for sharing the contents of Trump’s call with the family, wherein Trump allegedly said that their son, “knew what he was getting into.” Kelly said he was “broken hearted” to hear that Wilson had told the media about the call.

Wilson responded shortly afterwards that, “John Kelly’s trying to keep his job. He will say anything.”

“John Kelly’s trying to keep his job. He will say anything,” says @RepWilson in response to Trump’s staff chief who ripped her for disclosing details of controversial call with soldier’s widow. “There were other people who heard what I heard.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/19/re...his-job-video/

MSNBC Host Says General Kelly Used His Own Son’s Death To Defend Trump

MSNBC host Joy-Ann Reid criticized White House Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly in tweets Thursday, saying he used the death of his son to defend President Donald Trump during Thursday’s White House press briefing.

Reid, who was not at the briefing, tweeted minutes after Kelly address, which comes after uproar over Democratic Florida Rep. Frederica Wilson’s attacks against the president. Wilson claimed Trump made an insensitive phone call to the widow of Army Sgt. La David T. Johnson.

“Just landed and thanks to spotty wifi, just learning that Trump sent General Kelly out to use his son’s death to defend Trump. Unreal,” Reid’s first tweet said.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/19/ms...-defend-trump/

Kelly Describes What Happens When A Soldier Dies

White House Chief of Staff Gen. John Kelly described in detail what happens when a U.S. soldier dies in combat during a press conference at the White House Thursday.

“Most Americans don’t know what happens when we lose one of our soldiers, sailors, and marines or coast guardsmen in combat,” he told reporters at the White House. “Their buddies wrap them up in whatever passes as a shroud. puts them on a helicopter and sends them home. their first stop is when they are packed in ice, typically at the air head and flown to usually Europe. where they’re then packed in ice again and flown to Dover air force base.”

Kelly then continued with what happens when military medics obtain the bodies. “Dover takes care of the remains, embalms them, meticulously dresses them in their uniform with the medals they earned and put them on another airplane to take them home.”

The general then said the movie “Taking Chance” is an excellent representation of the full process before explaining how military officials notify members of the family.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/19/ke...-soldier-dies/

Journos Criticize Gen. Kelly For Emotional Gold Star Speech

Journalists are attacking Gen. John Kelly for defending President Trump’s phone call to a Gold Star mother in an impassioned speech to the White House press corps Thursday.

During the speech, Kelly covered a wide range of topics surrounding the current media conversation about Gold Star families, stating that he initially told Trump not to call the families of the soldiers killed in Niger, slamming Rep. Frederica Wilson for sharing and criticizing the contents of a private phone call, and indicating that the Pentagon is investigating what happened in Niger.

In a particularly poignant moment, Kelly, now White House chief of staff, reiterated the words that Trump used in a phone call with a Gold Star mother, asserting that his son who died in Afghanistan “knew what he was getting into.”

MSNBC’s Joy Reid accused Trump of putting Gen. Kelly up to the speech, and claimed he was “us[ing] his son’s death to defend Trump.”

Newsweek writer John Haltiwanger was even harsher on Kelly, writing, “Amazing for Kelly to grandstand about military on behalf of Trump, who’s attacked POWs AND Gold Star families.”

CNN’s Gloria Borger praised Kelly’s leadership during the speech, but said his leadership was in “taking the fall for his boss.”

After Kelly gave his emotional speech, he only gave questions to journalists who knew members of Gold Star families. MSNBC’s Ali Velshi knocked that move, calling it “unusual” because “those aren’t the qualifications” journalists have to get to join the briefing room.

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/19/jo...-speech-video/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This is another one of those stories that when you find out about how the trashy, dirty, gutter licking left is acting, just leaves me feeling like...

.................................................. .

4. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    This is another one of those stories that when you find out about how the trashy, dirty, gutter licking left is acting, just leaves me feeling like...

.................................................. .
    They are helping trumps chances for reelection. Maybe we should celebrate them.

6. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Should expect nothing better from the left. They don't care what harm they do to anyone nor anything so long as they get a cheap shot in on the right. I can really think of nothing the left has all over the media and/or its agenda that really matters for sh*t. EVERYTHING they are protesting/bitching about is petty bullshit bullshit no one cares about and is sick of hearing.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    They are helping trumps chances for reelection. Maybe we should celebrate them.

The left has No memory of the past and has not learned anything...they are to stupid...The anti-Trump Smear...deceit...twist and Lies continues today...Just like the last election Trump won...

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post