Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Putin Comments on Respecting Trump

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...s-us-president

Worth watch. Less than a minute. He makes some good points about Trump being stopped.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Worth watch. Less than a minute. He makes some good points about Trump being stopped.
    Even Putin easily sees what's going on from across Palin's back yard. Seriously though, that's how obvious some things are.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Even Putin easily sees what's going on from across Palin's back yard. Seriously though, that's how obvious some things are.
    The funnier ones are Trump on Hitlery. If you let that video continue to play, I believe they're next up.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

While that is true enough, he could spend less time shooting himself in the foot. I know he thinks he's cute or smart or something, but he's really helping others justify not supporting him at the least and the Demwits who who hate him at worst.

Look at the thread you posted earlier. They thought it was Sanders' plan and were okay with it. The second they found out it was Trump's, they were "surprised" (more like looking around for a camera and embarrassed). The idea is to get the job done, not show boat.

Putin was pretty straight-forward about the Congress, Dems in General and/or MSM obstructing everything he tries to do though.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

While that is true enough, he could spend less time shooting himself in the foot. I know he thinks he's cute or smart or something, but he's really helping others justify not supporting him at the least and the Demwits who who hate him at worst.

Look at the thread you posted earlier. They thought it was Sanders' plan and were okay with it. The second they found out it was Trump's, they were "surprised" (more like looking around for a camera and embarrassed). The idea is to get the job done, not show boat.

Putin was pretty straight-forward about the Congress, Dems in General and/or MSM obstructing everything he tries to do though.
    If Donald can bait the left the way he baited the NFL he is unstoppable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

SO Putin basically says. "Respect the Office If not the man."
    like the military Salute the uniform... right?

so Trump can be horrifically craptastic in many ways but we still should be respectful.
    I've got no problem with that.

Putin also says that it's Not all Trump's fault that HE's NOT GETTING HIS POLICIES DONE.
    it's it's the "political system" and "the courts" that are BLOCKING Trump.
    OK
    sad thing is Trump told us all that he was this MASTER DEAL maker and COULD get it all done "BELEIVE ME".
    Stuff would happen so fast heads would be spinning. "BELEIVE ME".
    So is it that He can't REALLY make deals with anyone even those in his own party, or is it maybe that he didn't know what he was talking about, or maybe he never intended to get some of that stuff done. ( or maybe he's FLIPPED on some of what he said)
    Because Blaming the "political system" is OFF the table because Trump is a MASTER DEAL MAKER.
    or maybe he's NOT. And Our political system is not a dictatorship like Russias so the president isn't all-powerful... yet. you folks still think that's a good thing right?
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    Putin also says that it's Not all Trump's fault that HE's NOT GETTING HIS POLICIES DONE.
    OK
    I snipped the rest. But this part is a FACT, and the democrats stated before day one that they would try to do exactly that, and have tried almost every step of the way. If a group of people decide they are going to vote against something, before they even have a chance to read anything, I would say that it's the "political system" partly responsible for some things not getting done.

And while not a lot, there have been instances where the courts have blocked something Trump tried to do.

And then we have had some R's that have also, IMO anyway, voted against something like healthcare, because of the fact it was Trump. That's truly what I believe about McCain and the healthcare bill. Just one thing to point out for that example, and it's a big one!!

So while not nearly everything, those comments regarding things being blocked, it wouldn't have me roll my eyes. It would make me wonder, and come to the same conclusion I have on some things. Perhaps not for everyone, and not everyone sees such things, or don't want to. Similar to other "good things" that have been accomplished by him and or even republicans in general at times.

I don't think you "hate" Rev, I don't think it's who you are. But there is a LOT of hate in our country since Trump won the election.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

SO Putin basically says. "Respect the Office If not the man."
    like the military Salute the uniform... right?

so Trump can be horrifically craptastic in many ways but we still should be respectful.
    I've got no problem with that.

OK
    sad thing is Trump told us all that he was this MASTER DEAL maker and COULD get it all done "BELEIVE ME".
    Stuff would happen so fast heads would be spinning. "BELEIVE ME".
    So is it that He can't REALLY make deals with anyone even those in his own party, or is it maybe that he didn't know what he was talking about, or maybe he never intended to get some of that stuff done. ( or maybe he's FLIPPED on some of what he said)
    Because Blaming the "political system" is OFF the table because Trump is a MASTER DEAL MAKER.
    or maybe he's NOT. And Our political system is not a dictatorship like Russias so the president isn't all-powerful... yet. you folks still think that's a good thing right?
    As I kinda pointed out already, folks like yourself want to act like everything Trump is a disaster and everything he stated was a lie or will never happen. This ignores every positive that happens, which has been a lot of stuff. Ignored continually. How can one come to conclusions about Trump when obviously they are only paying attention to one portion? Or when they want to not see certain portions?

10. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I don't get why someone rolls their eyes at the comment the system has to some extent stopped trump. If not the system then what ? Trump isn't King. He could have threatened to put ice picks in mccains balls. Maybe it's trumps fault for not doing something like that. The best deal maker of all time can't get through mccains hurt pride.
    Also trump has gotten a lot done. And he isn't finished yet. He has seven more years.

12. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

As I kinda pointed out already, folks like yourself want to act like everything Trump is a disaster and everything he stated was a lie or will never happen. This ignores every positive that happens, which has been a lot of stuff. Ignored continually. How can one come to conclusions about Trump when obviously they are only paying attention to one portion? Or when they want to not see certain portions?
    Every presidency has been a disaster. Ron Paul will never be president.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I snipped the rest. But this part is a FACT, and the democrats stated before day one that they would try to do exactly that, and have tried almost every step of the way. If a group of people decide they are going to vote against something, before they even have a chance to read anything, I would say that it's the "political system" partly responsible for some things not getting done.

And while not a lot, there have been instances where the courts have blocked something Trump tried to do.

And then we have had some R's that have also, IMO anyway, voted against something like healthcare, because of the fact it was Trump. That's truly what I believe about McCain and the healthcare bill. Just one thing to point out for that example, and it's a big one!!

So while not nearly everything, those comments regarding things being blocked, it wouldn't have me roll my eyes. It would make me wonder, and come to the same conclusion I have on some things. Perhaps not for everyone, and not everyone sees such things, or don't want to. Similar to other "good things" that have been accomplished by him and or even republicans in general at times.

I don't think you "hate" Rev, I don't think it's who you are. But there is a LOT of hate in our country since Trump won the election.
    Why'd you SNIP and leave OFF the reason the EYEROLL icon is there in the 1st place.

Trump told us all that HE WOULD get everything done and FAST BECAUSE he's "the best" DEAL MAKER.
    He didn't say that he'd get things done "as longs as the left, the courts and John McCain and other Republicans and the fake news media LET him Jim.

If you want people to be honest about what Trump does good at least be honest about what Trump said he'd do and ALL the ways he's failed to do so.
    Let Trump man up and accept at least some responsibility for a change. And not JUST blame OTHERS for his shortcomings, missteps and ineffectiveness.

And let's be real Jim, some congress people on the right explicitly stated that they'd block some things from Obama ... practically Just BECAUSE it was from Obama. They shut down congress a couple of times, let the money run out they were so determined to block some of his stuff.
    And I agreed with some of that Blocking. BUt simply Blocking because it's "OBAMAAAA's!" is just as stupid as Blocking because it's "TRUUUMP's !"

For you to be so concerned about fairness and simply wanting others to look at regs, policies and legislation in a purely rational way without adding any negative connotations to it because of WHO has proposed it, doesn't come across as very sincere on your, or at least many people's on the rights, part.

And Please stop lumping me in with those that have NOTHING good to say about Trump. It's lazy of you man. You already KNOW for a fact that that's not who i am. stop trying to demonize all those that aren't on the Trump train.
    C'mon Jim, i'm sorry gabby or some other left wing person isn't on the board who fits your negative leftist profile but please stop using me as a surrogate for your complaints about the blind of the left who never give Trump a break. I'm not in that Group.

My Complaints are Constitutional, conservative/libertarian and morally based... mostly.
    As are my compliments.

Give me a thread with a list of things that Trump's done that fit the above and I'll be there THANKING and liking those post.
    but it doesn't mean I'll NOT complain if he does the opposite.
    I'm not looking for a personality to heap PRAISE or Complaints onto Jim, but a Cheif Executive that follows his oath. and does his job well.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-21-2017 at 02:55 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Why'd you SNIP and leave OFF the reason EYEROLL icon there in the 1st place.

Trump told us all that HE WOULD get everything done and FAST BECAUSE he's "the best" DEAL MAKER.
    He didn't say that he'd get things done "as longs as the left, the courts and John McCain and other Republicans and the fake news media LET him Jim.

If you want people to be honest about what Trump does good at least be honest about what Trump said he'd do and ALL the ways he's failed to do so.
    Let Trump man up and accept at least some responsibility for a change. And not JUST blame OTHERS for his shortcomings, missteps and ineffectiveness.

And let's be real Jim, some congress people on the right explicitly stated that they'd block some things from Obama ... practically Just BECAUSE it was from Obama. They shut down congress a couple of times, let the money run out they were so determined to block some of his stuff.
    And I agreed with some of that Blocking. BUt simply Blocking because "OBAMAAAA!" is just as stupid as Blocking "TRUUUMP!"

For you to be so concerned about fairness and simply looking a regs, policies and legislation in a purely rational way without adding any negative connotations to it because of WHO has proposed it, doesn't come across as very sincere on your, or at least many people's on the rights, part.

And Please stop lumping me in with those that have NOTHING good to say about Trump. It's lazy of you man. You already KNOW for a fact that that's not who i am. stop trying to demonize all those that aren't on the Trump train.
    C'mon Jim, sorry I'm gabby or some other left wing person isn't on the board who fits your negative leftist profile but please stop using me as a surrogate for your complaints about the blind of the left who never give Trump a break. I'm not in that Group.

My Complaints are Constitutional, conservative/libertarian and morally based... mostly.
    As are my compliments.

Give me a thread with a list of things that Trump's done that fit the above and I'll be there THANKING and liking those post.
    but it doesn't mean I'll NOT complain if he does the opposite.
    I'm not looking for a personality to heap PRAISE or Complaints onto Jim, but a Cheif Executive that follows his oath. and does his job well.
    I agree he should have threatened mccains short life. Pull out all the stops. Make the 9th circuit judge and McCain offers they can't refuse. Back up what you say or go home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And Please stop lumping me in with those that have NOTHING good to say about Trump. It's lazy of you man.
    I've opened tons and tons and tons of threads about things that have been accomplished by Trump. Would you like me to go back, link to all of them, and compare to how many of them you chimed in and showed any support for his accomplishments? Because I can confidently say right now before I would even begin a search, that those time would be extremely extremely rare.

I'm not saying that you have never said anything good about him at all. What I am saying, is that if folks are going to point out every last negative thing that Trump does, then they should acknowledge when he does positive things as well. But some pay little attention to those positive things, his accomplishments.

Am I wrong in my assessment in your attention paid to his negative things versus positive things? And that I'm not exaggerating when I state extremely minimal acknowledgement has been made in the accomplishment threads? That's not lazy in the slightest bit. I'm happy to research like the past 100 threads, for example, for comparison sake.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I wonder. Was it Ronald Reagans fault Robert Bork didn't become Supreme Court justice ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I've opened tons and tons and tons of threads about things that have been accomplished by Trump. Would you like me to go back, link to all of them, and compare to how many of them you chimed in and showed any support for his accomplishments? Because I can confidently say right now before I would even begin a search, that those time would be extremely extremely rare.

I'm not saying that you have never said anything good about him at all. What I am saying, is that if folks are going to point out every last negative thing that Trump does, then they should acknowledge when he does positive things as well. But some pay little attention to those positive things, his accomplishments.

Am I wrong in my assessment in your attention paid to his negative things versus positive things? And that I'm not exaggerating when I state extremely minimal acknowledgement has been made in the accomplishment threads? That's not lazy in the slightest bit. I'm happy to research like the past 100 threads, for example, for comparison sake.

"My Complaints are Constitutional, conservative/libertarian and morally based... mostly.
    As are my compliments."

I suspect that you'll find that I haven't chimed in on many of the Trump Threads positive or negative since his election AT ALL Jim.
    If you notice I'm not posting in most threads that much anymore.

And when my comments may have been longer it's been in those threads with complaints about Trump's UnConstitutional, unconservative/unlibertarian or lack of moral actions of some severity. And even the length of my replies probably have more to do with the push back against my points from some folks here.

But OK jim, fine, You say there are "
    tons and tons and tons of threads about things that have been accomplished by Trump". Again i have to stress Constitutional, conservative/libertarian and morally based actions are what i'm talking about.

SO yes please stop lumping me in with, or linking me too the group you're now calling
    ".."'
    folks' are going to point out every last negative thing that Trump does, then they should acknowledge when he does positive things as well."

If i were to point out EVERY LAST thing Trump did negative I would be posting new threads every other day (half would be useless stupid tweets).
    If i were posting the positive things he's done... what?... maybe once or twice a month... a quarter? After that mixed bag of Executive orders from the 1st hundred days.

So please Again Find another target on DP to complain about who "ONLY" post about Trump's negatives and NEVER acknowledge his FEW positives.

I'm still waiting for most here to acknowledge a few positives from Obama's 8 years.
    Can you give me a few POSITIVE OBAMA threads or even a compliment or ONE solid acknowledgment of something good he did and how fair you are? Then I might take your repeated complaints about me and OTHERS not being fair and ONLY being negative ALL the TIME a bit more seriously.

So yes Jim please start a thread that List all, or many, of the accomplishments of Trump. And SEE how i react rather than assume my horrible anti-Trump intent. That's a FAIR request isn't it? Honestly, i'm sure I never saw most of the TONS of threads about Trump's accomplishments on DP. And right now If i look at the most CURRENT threads there's nothing there about his accomplishments, and i have to go back a few pages deep in "USA Political Discussion" category before i hit one to 2 items about Trump's accomplishments. so Yes post them up Jim.
    Oh and yes Go back into my post record and see how many Trump threads i've posted over the past 3 - 6 months, and list the anti-Trump threads i've been in jim. If you can count over 4 i'll be shocked.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-21-2017 at 06:17 PM.

19. Likes jimnyc liked this post