Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default East Texas man takes down 416-pound wild hog in backyard

East Texas man takes down 416-pound wild hog in backyard
    Fox News

This massive wild hog was killed by Joe Clowers.

This massive wild hog was killed by Joe Clowers. (Gregg County Game Warden)

If you’re a feral hog, don’t mess with Texans.

That’s the lesson learned by a 416-pound wild hog that was killed by an East Texas man after wreaking havoc on his property for the past five years.

A man, Joe Clowers in Union Grove, Texas, killed the hog with an AR-15.

"My property lays between some populated areas and I try to maintain an environment like a sanctuary or nursery for the deer to raise fawns," Clowers told the Houston Chronicle.

Texas is home to the largest feral hog population in the United States, with an estimated 4 million hogs statewide, according to local media, and the animals are increasingly finding their way to developed suburbs.
    pig pic smaller with hunter

Joe Clowers of Union Grove, Texas is seen with the massive wild hog that he killed in his backyard. (Gregg County Game Warden)

Along with things like mosquitoes, fire ants, snakes and rats, wild hogs are probably one of the more disliked animals in the Lone Star state.

GRANNY BAGS GATOR WHILE ON HUNT WITH SON, GRANDCHILDREN

The hog had been preying on the fawns in the area and Clowers said he always stayed armed when visiting his deer feeders in case the beast charged him.

The departed hog will live on as a trophy mounted on the wall in his home, he added.

“He was the big daddy," Clowers said. "I called him the bush beast.”
    THAT IS A DAMN LOT OF BACON AND CHOPS TO BE EATEN...
    Wild hogs are dangerous. Best have a suitable weapon ready if in an area they habitat.
    12GA SLUG WOULD DO THE TRICK IF ONE DOES NOT HAVE A SUITABLE RIFLE.----TYR
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

weird to think he killed that with a .223 It's not the size of the brass, it's the size of the powder yeah?
    I think I wanna live in texas - except for the silly vehicle inspection thing, it seems like a neat place.

3. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    weird to think he killed that with a .223 It's not the size of the brass, it's the size of the powder yeah?
    I think I wanna live in texas - except for the silly vehicle inspection thing, it seems like a neat place.
    It's kinda flat and featureless, and the eastern part is just desolate.

I hear they have all kinds of problems with wild pigs in south.