Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Grade School Cancels ‘Not Inclusive’ Halloween

Will the next cancel Catholic holidays, since they don't include everyone? What about Hanukkah after that? Easter? Jewish holidays? Not everyone celebrates the same American new year?

Halloween is what it is, Halloween. You can't just change it because some don't like it! No costumes? Then it's not Halloween, and they're obviously not thinking of the kids with this one. How stupid.

---

Grade School Cancels ‘Not Inclusive’ Halloween, Implements ‘Black and Orange Day’ Instead

A Massachusetts elementary school has canceled Halloween with the claim that the holiday is not” inclusive” enough, and replaced it with the conjured “Black and Orange Spirit Day,” instead.
    Of particular concern for the city of Walpole’s Boyden Elementary principal Brendan Dearborn was the annual costume parade, an activity Dearborn insisted in a letter to parents was not “inclusive enough.”

Addressing the parade, Dearborn told parents, “the costume parade is out of our ordinary routine and can be difficult for many students. Also, the parade is not inclusive of all the students and it is our goal each and every day to ensure all student’s individual differences are respected.”

Dearborn confirmed that the annual after-school party would still take place, but that Halloween Day, a Tuesday this year, will be “Black and Orange Spirit Day,” not Halloween. Children will be encouraged to wear the “spirit” colors and costumes will be banned.

But many parents are critical of the principal’s move.

“We have numerous events at the school that are not ‘all inclusive,’ so if you cancel one event, you have to cancel them all,” parent Julie Rowre said to Fox Boston.

Another local resident told CBS Boston that the principal’s decision is a bit ridiculous. “Put a costume on. Parade down the street. Let them have their little time,” he said. “Why do you have to turn it into something political?”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...e-day-instead/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Will the next cancel Catholic holidays, since they don't include everyone? What about Hanukkah after that? Easter? Jewish holidays? Not everyone celebrates the same American new year?

Halloween is what it is, Halloween. You can't just change it because some don't like it! No costumes? Then it's not Halloween, and they're obviously not thinking of the kids with this one. How stupid.

---

Grade School Cancels ‘Not Inclusive’ Halloween, Implements ‘Black and Orange Day’ Instead

A Massachusetts elementary school has canceled Halloween with the claim that the holiday is not” inclusive” enough, and replaced it with the conjured “Black and Orange Spirit Day,” instead.
    Of particular concern for the city of Walpole’s Boyden Elementary principal Brendan Dearborn was the annual costume parade, an activity Dearborn insisted in a letter to parents was not “inclusive enough.”

Addressing the parade, Dearborn told parents, “the costume parade is out of our ordinary routine and can be difficult for many students. Also, the parade is not inclusive of all the students and it is our goal each and every day to ensure all student’s individual differences are respected.”

Dearborn confirmed that the annual after-school party would still take place, but that Halloween Day, a Tuesday this year, will be “Black and Orange Spirit Day,” not Halloween. Children will be encouraged to wear the “spirit” colors and costumes will be banned.

But many parents are critical of the principal’s move.

“We have numerous events at the school that are not ‘all inclusive,’ so if you cancel one event, you have to cancel them all,” parent Julie Rowre said to Fox Boston.

Another local resident told CBS Boston that the principal’s decision is a bit ridiculous. “Put a costume on. Parade down the street. Let them have their little time,” he said. “Why do you have to turn it into something political?”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...e-day-instead/
    Most likely catering to the damn muzzies, IMHO.
    Of course you could not include them-- if you did they might just decorate their yards and porches with real cut off heads!
    But if it was about celebrating Ram-a-camel day--that liberal idiot would be all for it, methinks.
    ffing moron..... should be ran out of town on a rail... -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

3. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Orange spirit day? Doesn't that resemble trump a bit too much and therefore is racist?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

WHO, pray tell, does Halloween NOT include? Seems to me all you need's a half-assed costume and a plastic pumpkin and the ability to walk and say 3 words and you're in business.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    WHO, pray tell, does Halloween NOT include? Seems to me all you need's a half-assed costume and a plastic pumpkin and the ability to walk and say 3 words and you're in business.
    Some Christians are Banned from it, but that's by their parents

7. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

A lot believe it to be glorifying satan or witches and things like that. And so be it, they are welcome to their opinions and views, and they surely don't have to participate. But that shouldn't prevent others from enjoying themselves. I never once in my life looked at it as those things, it was always a fun day to get candy was all, and still is!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

A lot believe it to be glorifying satan or witches and things like that. And so be it, they are welcome to their opinions and views, and they surely don't have to participate. But that shouldn't prevent others from enjoying themselves. I never once in my life looked at it as those things, it was always a fun day to get candy was all, and still is!!
    All Hallows Eve. The night the spirits of the unholy dead roam the Earth. It's Celtic. It has something to do with the Autumn harvest.

SO I guess that makes us all Puritans and afraid some ghost is going to get us. Yay

What it means in the "real world" TODAY: Candy day. Kids get juiced up on sugar and don't come off the ceiling for a week.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

More brain dead progtard dumbfuckery.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

What it means in the "real world" TODAY: Candy day. Kids get juiced up on sugar and don't come off the ceiling for a week.
    I love it, and so true!! And I did it yearly until I reached like the age of 46.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Dont let Nero out. It's a fact that sickos torture black cats around Halloween. Some shelters won't let them be adopted that week.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

My 'kids' are now all in their 30's. The schools did away with costumes at school before they started school, with the exception of kindergarten, which was optional-they had a parade during recess.

Had nothing to do with 'inclusiveness' but bad costume choices by parents/kids in earlier years. It was decided that the costumes were too disruptive on a day kids are already revved up.

Each grammar school had a 'carnival' the Saturday before Halloween, put together by PTA at each school. Raised a ton of money and the kids could wear their costumes then.

Middle Schools had their 'fall balls' where costumes were optional.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill