[QUOTE=jimnyc;885196]That's insane. EVERY person I know, who's whose parents pushed them in the education department, forced them to study & got highly involved in pushing the education at home - all those kids excelled and went on to college. I can't say all in the other direction, but I know quite a few in broken homes with no concentration on education, and some with parents who just didn't care, and those kids didn't nearly excel as much. Fact is, if you learn you excel. And whether that be harder work at school, or harder work at home, any of it will benefit towards one students furthering their education and doing something more with their lives than struggling week to week to make ends meet with low paying wages.

Anyone People with a true education will tell you they got their degrees and learning via hard work and effort, both at home and at educational institutions.]

Since Students Aren't Paid, They're Not Worth Anything

College is work without pay, designed for richkids living off a high allowance or for class-climbers who are afraid to grow up. This indentured servitude is hanging over average American children as their future. No parent could motivate them under these conditions. Your examples are most likely Preppies or escapist nerds.

If we are to have a future, this obsolete aristocratic institution must be replaced with highly paid professional training. It will pay for itself many times over. Under this class-biased system, a degree is nothing to be proud of and graduates do not deserve jobs. Sacrifice has no merit. Talent must be paid up-front.