Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Nothing Came Out of Blaming Parents.

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    There's a difference between sports & education. I can understand parents not being on top of the kids kids' latest sports, but it IS a parents parents' responsibility to make sure their kid gets to school and gets an education. And it IS their responsibility to ensure they their kids do their homework and all that is necessary to get good grades. And of course it's their job and responsibility to have their kids study for tests and the like.
    That's what you've been trained to say. But people have been told to say the same thing for decades. Anyone with a true education would realize that such an attitude hasn't produced results and therefore has failed and must be changed. Focus on the classroom, not the home. For example, the way the students are expected to be motivated is unnatural and has failed as much as the blame-parents mantra.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default I'd Rather Have Diploma Dumbos Call Me a "Grammar Nazi" Than Not See Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Don't know you, so welcome.
    But I am agog at your first sentence. Wonder what you think a parent’s job is?
    It's not a parent's job to do the teacher's job, any more than it is to make sure an adult son does the right things at his job. An educated person would see that you are begging the question by relating parenting to education. By the way, the products of your attitude towards education are too smug, stupid, and lazy to learn that "begging the question" does not mean "which leads to the question."

We are saddled with this great failure, yet we are stuck on the same stupid suggested solutions.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage of Main Street View Post
    That's what you've been trained to say. But people have been told to say the same thing for decades. Anyone with a true education would realize that such an attitude hasn't produced results and therefore has failed and must be changed. Focus on the classroom, not the home. For example, the way the students are expected to be motivated is unnatural and has failed as much as the blame-parents mantra.
    That's insane. EVERY person I know, who's parents pushed them in the education department, forced them to study & got highly involved in pushing the educations at home - all those kids excelled and went on to college. I can't say all in the other direction, but I know quite a few in broken homes with no concentration on education, and some with parents who just didn't care, and those kids didn't nearly excel as much. Fact is, if you learn you excel. And whether that be harder work at school, or harder work at home, any of it will benefit towards one furthering their education and doing something more with their lives than struggling week to week to make ends meet with low paying wages.

Anyone with a true education will tell you they got their degrees and learning via hard work and effort, both at home and at educational institutions.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's not a parent's job to do the teacher's job, any more than it is to make sure an adult son does the right things at his job. An educated person would see that you are begging the question by relating parenting to education. By the way, the products of your attitude towards education are too smug, stupid, and lazy to learn that "begging the question" does not mean "which leads to the question."

We are saddled with this great failure, yet we are stuck on the same stupid suggested solutions.
    My educated guess would be that you have been failed somewhere. I apologize for your parents or teachers on their behalf.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

[QUOTE=jimnyc;885196]That's insane. EVERY person I know, who's whose parents pushed them in the education department, forced them to study & got highly involved in pushing the education at home - all those kids excelled and went on to college. I can't say all in the other direction, but I know quite a few in broken homes with no concentration on education, and some with parents who just didn't care, and those kids didn't nearly excel as much. Fact is, if you learn you excel. And whether that be harder work at school, or harder work at home, any of it will benefit towards one students furthering their education and doing something more with their lives than struggling week to week to make ends meet with low paying wages.

Anyone People with a true education will tell you they got their degrees and learning via hard work and effort, both at home and at educational institutions.]

Since Students Aren't Paid, They're Not Worth Anything

College is work without pay, designed for richkids living off a high allowance or for class-climbers who are afraid to grow up. This indentured servitude is hanging over average American children as their future. No parent could motivate them under these conditions. Your examples are most likely Preppies or escapist nerds.

If we are to have a future, this obsolete aristocratic institution must be replaced with highly paid professional training. It will pay for itself many times over. Under this class-biased system, a degree is nothing to be proud of and graduates do not deserve jobs. Sacrifice has no merit. Talent must be paid up-front.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Diploma Dumbos

My educated guess would be that you have been failed somewhere. I apologize for your parents or teachers on their behalf.
    As smug as a bug in a rug. You conformists have done nothing to earn your superior attitude. Being a Moderator doesn't entitle you to it either.
    Last edited by The Sage of Main Street; 11-11-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

[QUOTE=The Sage of Main Street;885356]
    That's insane. EVERY person I know, who's whose parents pushed them in the education department, forced them to study & got highly involved in pushing the education at home - all those kids excelled and went on to college. I can't say all in the other direction, but I know quite a few in broken homes with no concentration on education, and some with parents who just didn't care, and those kids didn't nearly excel as much. Fact is, if you learn you excel. And whether that be harder work at school, or harder work at home, any of it will benefit towards one students furthering their education and doing something more with their lives than struggling week to week to make ends meet with low paying wages.

Anyone People with a true education will tell you they got their degrees and learning via hard work and effort, both at home and at educational institutions.]

Since Students Aren't Paid, They're Not Worth Anything

College is work without pay, designed for richkids living off a high allowance or for class-climbers who are afraid to grow up. This indentured servitude is hanging over average American children as their future. No parent could motivate them under these conditions. Your examples are most likely Preppies or escapist nerds.

If we are to have a future, this obsolete aristocratic institution must be replaced with highly paid professional training. It will pay for itself many times over. Under this class-biased system, a degree is nothing to be proud of and graduates do not deserve jobs. Sacrifice has no merit. Talent must be paid up-front.
    And your corrections are to mean what? That you're smarter? That you don't have a valid argument, so you fall back on spelling and grammar corrections? I'll go with the latter.

As smug as a bug in a rug. You conformists have done nothing to earn your superior attitude. Being a Moderator doesn't entitle you to it either.
    Who said differently?

I pointed out how your observations were retarded. I then pointed out, which has since been proven true, that perhaps you were failed somewhere along the way.

At least we are both clear that I am in fact your superior. And apparently that applies to quite a few other places that didn't care for you and banned your silly ass.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

My apologies to anyone reading and saw the quotes get out of whack in the past few posts. Our new genius member, in the middle of educating aka schooling me, couldn't figure out the most basic of quoting 101. The "system" here failed him too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

"Conformists?" Conforming to what?

And he's a little more than just a "moderator," son, he's the creator of this board among other ones as well. How many successful message boards do you have?

Feel free to correct any mistakes. Evidently that's your thing, aside from an attitude right out of the toilet.

11. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post

And he's a little more than just a "moderator," son, he's the creator of this board among other ones as well. How many successful message boards do you have?

Feel free to correct any mistakes. Evidently that's your thing, aside from an attitude right out of the toilet.
    What has he said? I have a headache and can't read too long.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Honestly, being a mod or owner or whatever, really doesn't mean anything. It's more than a handicap than anything, as then you have schmucks like above continually making baseless claims. It's hard to be a regular member at times. But I have no expectations of being treated differently, nor should I be. I'd be a schmuck as well if I wrote crap like this schmuck does.

I noticed elsewhere you made a comment about when I sold USMB. I vaguely remember discussing the sale with you. I wonder how that site would look today? It's definitely successful, purely from a numbers standpoint and amount of members! But it's a chaotic mess if you ask me. I don't like it, but that's based on the members I see posting there and overrunning the place.

The original guy I sold the board to, before it was sold again, he was a cool fella.

14. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Honestly, being a mod or owner or whatever, really doesn't mean anything. It's more than a handicap than anything, as then you have schmucks like above continually making baseless claims. It's hard to be a regular member at times. But I have no expectations of being treated differently, nor should I be. I'd be a schmuck as well if I wrote crap like this schmuck does.

I noticed elsewhere you made a comment about when I sold USMB. I vaguely remember discussing the sale with you. I wonder how that site would look today? It's definitely successful, purely from a numbers standpoint and amount of members! But it's a chaotic mess if you ask me. I don't like it, but that's based on the members I see posting there and overrunning the place.

The original guy I sold the board to, before it was sold again, he was a cool fella.
    Yeah if my memory serves me correctly, I think you were asking $500. I hope it's cool to say that, it's been a long time ago. I even talked with that Greg I think it was that you sold it too when he wanted to sell it, but he wanted like $2,000. That was more than I was willing to pay. But yeah, hard to say what it would be like if I had bought it from you, or if I'd even still own it. I agree it's not much of a board anymore. It has a major amount of just frothing at the mouth hardcore leftists, and the never show their faces owners, which it seems like there's a couple dozen, appear to have a real bias towards the conservatives, and a hands off approach for the liberals. I was a mod for awhile, then one of the admins put out the word that mods were no longer supposed to be able to engage members with insults, so I willingly bowed out, even though was urged to please stay on as a mod, I said I can't do that. But it wasn't 6 months later the mods that DIDN'T bow out were right back to insulting members, and now it's rampant. So I tried to do the right thing... for nothing. But the place has been going downhill for awhile now. I rarely go there anymore. It's just a meat grinder.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Feel free to correct any mistakes. Evidently that's your thing.
    We don't need no Netiquette Nannies
    We don't need no thought control

Hey!
    Web Wizards!
    Whiz on the other side of the Wall

All and all you're just another
    Brick through our Window
    On the Outside, Trickling Down on the Insiders
    The Born-Rich Hate and Fear All Other White People. Cut Them off at 18 or Cut Them Down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

We don't need no Netiquette Nannies
    We don't need no thought control

Hey!
    Web Wizards!
    Whiz on the other side of the Wall

All and all you're just another
    Brick through our Window
    Lol!
    Why don't you tell us a little about yourself? We are a close-knit group here. I would like to understand you better...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

18. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Like Abbey said...tell us about yourself and views... and how you found the site I feel you have much to say.........Enjoy the site....