I was sent this link in my email by a poet friend. She asked if this analysis of my poem is accurate.
I went there and read, and sent this reply.
" Yes, quite accurate and surprisingly so. I have no knowledge of the lady/girl presenting it but she is very accurate--so much as its almost as if I wrote it myself!
At first I thought it was about somebody stealing one or more of my poem as many have done over these last few years.
Instead I find -pleasantly so- a very accurate judgment of my poem -with me being credited as the author.
Here is the link,

Burnt Into Ash my Sad Soul Looks Far Back
No description
by Emily Dates on 13 September 2016

Please log in to add your comment.

Transcript of Burnt Into Ash my Sad Soul Looks Far Back
Burnt Into Ash my Sad Soul Looks Far Back
"My Spirit was Climbing vine dressed in green leaves upon white oak Tree Seeking light"
I think this symbolizes how excited and anxious her spirit is. And someone wants to keep going in life.
"Storms weathered sheltering branches bringing sun's hot beams upon my head"
This represents a storm that can hit you hard when you least expect it. All storms like people have different strengths. Sometimes you just have to live life to the fullest not knowing what might happen and when it will occur.
"Once Cast upon dirt and Parched ground my legs found needed strength to run Racing winds sent that deceiving sound soon"
I think this symbolizes getting the strength to keep going and to not give up.
"I was walking a true line in shade of path that was truly free"
This symbolizes following the path you believe in when going through life. Life will protect you but life will also scare you too. When you get lost do your best to find the way back.
"Burnt into ash my sad soul Looks far back Long ago, in tree's top, I was once on track"
I think this symbolizes life and how someone lost sight of what was important to them in their life.
Poetry Soup

Poem by: Robert J. Lindley
************************************************** **************************************
HER SOURCE

Burnt Into Ash My Sad Soul Looks Far Back

Burnt Into Ash My Sad Soul Looks Far Back

In youth, my spirit was a climbing vine
dressed in green leaves upon white oak tree
Seeking light, I was walking a true line
in shade of path that was truly free

Storms weathered sheltering branches
bringing sun's hot beams upon my head
I sought more, took gravest of chances
of true love's blessing and being well fed

Once cast upon dirt and parched ground