Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default playing with processsing

Few recent - just playing with different processing techniques.

comments and criticism welcome.

2. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

What are you using for editing?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    What are you using for editing?
    I edit everything with Photoshop. Its my darkroom

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I edit everything with Photoshop. Its my darkroom
    Adobe?

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Adobe?
    the one and only

8. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The closeup bicycle shot is speaking to me. It is very evocative.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks Kathianne, darin thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, darin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

the one and only
    Back when my son was in school for Graphic Design, they were all given Adobe Photoshop and taught how to use it. Eventually I got a copy of Photoshop 5. Been using it for years myself, it is great stuff.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The closeup bicycle shot is speaking to me. It is very evocative.
    Thank you - that's my favourite probably. <3

Back when my son was in school for Graphic Design, they were all given Adobe Photoshop and taught how to use it. Eventually I got a copy of Photoshop 5. Been using it for years myself, it is great stuff.
    I learnt in a dark room circa 1990ish...and I resisted Digital for years. But the best photos are always developed - I think developing skills equal camera skills in terms of importance. I think I'm on Photoshop CC14?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

13. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I learnt in a dark room circa 1990ish...and I resisted Digital for years. But the best photos are always developed - I think developing skills equal camera skills in terms of importance. I think I'm on Photoshop CC14?
    One of my good friends from the AF was an AF photographer. Ended his 22 year career traveling with the Thunderbirds as their official photographer. He's the one that inspired me to buy my first decent camera, a Canon AE-1. He taught me a lot about photography, and I used to hang out with him at the base photo lab at Nellis. Got plenty of free film too.

My Dad was a Master Printer, and among his skills was dark room. We almost had a small printing business going here in SW WI. We had a really great little print shop complete with a dark room and the biggest camera I've ever seen. It sat on the floor and was a good 3x8 feet. My dad showed me how to use it and develop the pictures using the fixer and all that stuff. We never developed the business but printing wasn't my bag anyway. We had two very nice Davidson offset presses, one that would do color, we were ready to go... kinda sad.

I like the digital photography too, and had a new Canon 7D MkII, but after weeks of trying to figure out how everything worked on it and still not figuring it all out, I came to the conclusion that it was far more camera than I needed and sold it. I still have my trusty little Canon PowerShot SX280 HS, which has full manual capability and takes what I think really good pics, but, I have been looking at the new mirrorless 35mm, or just a newer upgrade to my little point-n-shoot.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Cool images! What is the first one?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

picture #4 I don't like.....I think the central focus effect loses something when the bike isn't centered.......puts my mind in an "unease" mode......

also, the technique in the dog picture is very good for the subject......probably wouldn't have worked if you used a picture of a Shitzu.......
    ...full immersion.....

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

One of my good friends from the AF was an AF photographer. Ended his 22 year career traveling with the Thunderbirds as their official photographer. He's the one that inspired me to buy my first decent camera, a Canon AE-1. He taught me a lot about photography, and I used to hang out with him at the base photo lab at Nellis. Got plenty of free film too.

My Dad was a Master Printer, and among his skills was dark room. We almost had a small printing business going here in SW WI. We had a really great little print shop complete with a dark room and the biggest camera I've ever seen. It sat on the floor and was a good 3x8 feet. My dad showed me how to use it and develop the pictures using the fixer and all that stuff. We never developed the business but printing wasn't my bag anyway. We had two very nice Davidson offset presses, one that would do color, we were ready to go... kinda sad.

I like the digital photography too, and had a new Canon 7D MkII, but after weeks of trying to figure out how everything worked on it and still not figuring it all out, I came to the conclusion that it was far more camera than I needed and sold it. I still have my trusty little Canon PowerShot SX280 HS, which has full manual capability and takes what I think really good pics, but, I have been looking at the new mirrorless 35mm, or just a newer upgrade to my little point-n-shoot.
    Excellent! I try to stay with a camera until it is the limiting factor in producing what I want. I'm probably not there yet with my camera; although I will get a full-frame sensor camera (probably a used ~1500 dollar Canon 5d MkIII) soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Cool images! What is the first one?
    Thank you, Pete. Thats the Bean -downtown Chicago. Taken from underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    picture #4 I don't like.....I think the central focus effect loses something when the bike isn't centered.......puts my mind in an "unease" mode......

also, the technique in the dog picture is very good for the subject......probably wouldn't have worked if you used a picture of a Shitzu.......
    Thanks on both statements!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Excellent! I try to stay with a camera until it is the limiting factor in producing what I want. I'm probably not there yet with my camera; although I will get a full-frame sensor camera (probably a used ~1500 dollar Canon 5d MkIII) soon as I can.

Thank you, Pete. Thats the Bean -downtown Chicago. Taken from underneath.

Thanks on both statements!
    Wow, you know I was going to say that looked like The Bean, but figured with you being in Germany, lol! My kind of town!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

19. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The one thing I've been made aware of when buying a used camera is "shutter count." I never knew they were rated on how many times the shutter could trip but they are, and there's a way to find that count. Full frame cameras definitely best for portrait, landscape, stationary type photography. I'm a Canon fan too, although my AF photographer buddy is full Nikon, but am I stupid, or is there just what seems to be an infinite amount of controls that are even programmable and customizable on the plethora of buttons on these new high end digital SLR's? I even bought an 8 hour long DVD video on how to use the 7D MkII, but trying to remember it all was like information overload. I definitely know the basics like aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, ISO, things like that, but that's just scratching the surface, then there's twenty buttons to learn and what they change, and if you want to program them to do something different, and the menus seem to go on forever. It's just a lot to retain. But if you're really into it, I can see where it would not only be a challenge but fun.

So did you use an FX plugin with Adobe on the bean pic? I have a couple discs from my son of those effects but have never loaded them. Yeah I enjoy the photography too but have never taken it to the next level. I've used the Adobe Photoshop more for picture correction than anything else. The one filter that has been extremely useful is the "shadows and highlights."

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

No plug-ins - but did some faux HDR stuff.

Yes - tons of features on today's DSLRs - I rely on just a couple tools - maily keep the shutter speed twice the focal length to help ensure sharpness. I strive for lighting - good lighting is everything. Also would spend more on glass than a camera body because I think glass is the central part of how to capture a scene. And when I process I work in layers to maintain the original image integrity