Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Shopping Online is Easier?

True, you don't have to deal with traffic. Nor idiots playing pinball with their shopping carts in the store while their heathen children run wild through the aisles. No waiting in line behind 10 people who can't read "Express Lane" where they ALWAYS put the slowest and most mentally challenged cashier.

Instead, you can fill in enough personal info on an e-form to ensure you're going to get more bullshit e-mail than you get bulk rate mail at home. You can fill out all of this info that will invariably be incorrect, at which time you have to remember to go put your acct suffix and whatever in each time you hit enter and it's rejected.

THEN you can wait for this "prize" you paid for 2 days shipping to show up the following week. Only to discover they sent the wrong sh*t, left something out, or their product doesn't use the same sizing you are used to and you need a crow bar to get the crap on.

MUCH better than tooling over to the mall. Or not.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I order from Amazon quite a bit... they haven't messed up one order yet.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

3. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post

Me too! Around here, there are only 2 places to buy clothes, Walmart and Goodwill. I suppose I could have gone to one of the special shops in Sedona, but for some reason paying over $300 on a dress is not in my plans.

I actually had to buy my mother-of-the-groom dress via Amazon, it was on sale. I've gone down several sizes, wasn't sure what to buy. So I ordered 2, tried both on and happily it was the smaller.

For related reasons, I needed to get some jeans and tops. I did the same-as women's sizes do not mean that with one item, the same size will work for another. While the dress was an 8, needed 6 for jeans. Shoes and the dress for the rehearsal I was more certain of, they fit. Jewelry also worked.

Everything came when promised, the return was just putting it into the bag it came in, printed out return label, dropped off at UPS office. No problem.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Have Amazon prime so very rarely pay for shipping and have been very satisfied with products so far. I hate shopping when I need to have something. But I love to Window Shop.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Have Amazon prime so very rarely pay for shipping and have been very satisfied with products so far. I hate shopping when I need to have something. But I love to Window Shop.
    This explains to a large extent why we're so simpatico. I like walking and looking, but once inside stores not so much.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

That's funny- I don't like window shopping at all. If I can't or won't buy, I'm not interested in looking!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

10. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    That's funny- don't let me window shopping at all. If I can't or won't buy, I'm not interested in looking!
    Honestly, even when $$ wasn't an issue, I don't like shopping. When looking for wedding I just went to Amazon and searched: mother of the groom dresses. It worked. LOL! Once I settled on dress, looked for shoes often bought with. Worked. Same with jewelry and purse. I know, sad.

Pretty much Christmas drove me nuts regarding shopping, usually finished in about 3 hours back when. Now I can just look year round and add to my lists. Get notifications when on sale or price change. Works for me.

12. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

got to admit I have been pleasantly surprised.....
    We wanted a new patio table.......went everywhere around here and couldn't find what I was looking for......saw one on Wayfair........bought it with trepidation.......
    sure enough, when it arrived it had two dents, one on the edge and one right in the middle......so I took pictures and emailed them......within an hour I got a response......it said "we have shipped a replacement. Please dispose of the one you have in anyway you please or donate it to charity".....
    ...full immersion.....

14. Thanks Kathianne, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm a big one for Amazon and ebay myself. I have an Amazon Store Card and have been very happy shopping on there. When you live out in little Podunk like I do and there are no huge department stores aside from a Walmart super center, which hardly ever has the exact item you're looking for because they want to push the made in china crap at you, the alternative is shop online. The UPS and FedEx drivers know my place by heart. They even walk around back and drop the stuff off in my back porch, and drive the bigger stuff up my driveway right to the front of the shop. I'd be so sunk without online shopping, I love it.

16. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    You live on an ice farm 600 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart. You HAVE to order online
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Ordering online is definitely easier, and in fact, maybe too easy!

Then again, supposedly - being bipolar and hypomanic, they say that reckless spending habits and what not are a part of the deal/

When you have 25 knives over the years arrive at your home in Amazon boxes... endless clothing... fishing supplies... all my OTC medications... Way too many Steelers items & then a ton of shit I truly don't need!! Like endless coffee mugs. How many coffee mugs does a man really need? And then a continually complain that there's no room in our cabinets. Incense - I have enough to burn that crap for the next 40 years. I have like 25 pairs of headphones. In my defense, I broke like 10 pairs of them, so I had to replace a few. Cat mice! Nero LOVES to play with his little mice. Nothing special, no catnip, no bells, just tiny little mice. But he has, no lie, at least about 200 of them now! Little bastard hides them under every piece of furniture in the house, under the stove and I think he may eat some! Oh, and skeletons!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

19. Thanks Abbey Marie, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Ordering online is definitely easier, and in fact, maybe too easy!

Then again, supposedly - being bipolar and hypomanic, they say that reckless spending habits and what not are a part of the deal/

When you have 25 knives over the years arrive at your home in Amazon boxes... endless clothing... fishing supplies... all my OTC medications... Way too many Steelers items & then a ton of shit I truly don't need!! Like endless coffee mugs. How many coffee mugs does a man really need? And then a continually complain that there's no room in our cabinets. Incense - I have enough to burn that crap for the next 40 years. I have like 25 pairs of headphones. In my defense, I broke like 10 pairs of them, so I had to replace a few. Cat mice! Nero LOVES to play with his little mice. Nothing special, no catnip, no bells, just tiny little mice. But he has, no lie, at least about 200 of them now! Little bastard hides them under every piece of furniture in the house, under the stove and I think he may eat some! Oh, and skeletons!!
    I had to when I had a sudden weight loss of 55 lbs and couldn't walk to go to the store. It sucked. Had a whole collection of crap the hurricane victims got because I couldn't wear any of it. Sizes don't just differ by manufacturer but by style from the same manufacturers at time. I had to start writing down what I wear depending on who made it. I just bite the bullet and try the crap on at the store which sucks because I hate being around people.

I may buy Christmas crap online. Then I just have to supply the receipt and someone else can go exchange it

21. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'm an Amazon Prime member, so no shipping costs. I do love Amazon shopping.
    But- they are killing our bookstores, and that hurts. Our used book place just closed last week. Not cool.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

23. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

But- they are killing our bookstores, and that hurts. Our used book place just closed last week. Not cool.
    Abs, I already had YOU figured for a girl that would shop any-and-everywhere possible

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Abbey. Truth is, the Internet, and everything being online now; has actually hurt society in general. Taking the needs, or inspiration for young people to even bother READING A BOOK today.
    The lure is always...SOMETHING FREE. Until somebody figures out....the FREE LUNCH isn't really Free anymore. Just TWO more of my cents.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

26. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post