Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Game 7 - Here we go

The Dodgers pushed this series to game 7 tonight! What a series, one of the best I've ever watched. Back and forth and back and forth, and lots of homers and good hitting.

But now it all comes down to tonight.

162 games a year. Then the best of 5, best of 7 and best of 7. If you count, that's 11 games needed to win it all. Both the Dodgers and Astros have now won 10 games. All that time, all those games, all that work - down to tonight.

And the Astros player made racial fun of a Dodgers Japanese pitcher the other day - and now that same guy - Yu Darvish, gets to pitch for it all tonight.

I was a pitcher when I played, for like 15 years, all the way from a kiddo to out of HS. This is every kids dream and every kid plays this game in wiffle ball and fun games - always replaying game 7 of the world series!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Here's a question that has been in the back of my head of late...

With all that is going on in the NFL, is this the year fans forgive MLB and return it to the top as America's Game?
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Here's a question that has been in the back of my head of late...

With all that is going on in the NFL, is this the year fans forgive MLB and return it to the top as America's Game?
    I am still not over the decision to extend the baseball playoffs to include the wild card

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I am still not over the decision to extend the baseball playoffs to include the wild card
    Football is "America's Game" because of marketing, and the short attention span of our society in general. It takes a knowledge of the game to appreciate baseball, then not much to do in life to follow a full season, IF you want to pay extra for it.

The NFL bought up their time-slots when TV was cheap and nobody cared. People didn't live to watch TV in the 60s and 70s. Short season and games (compared to baseball). And some dolt behind the mike overexplaining and replaying each and every play so only 2nd graders don't know what happened. They have constantly tweaked the rules to make the game faster (and way more uneven).

MLB only has so much to work with as far as trimming time. They could take away the prima donna act at the plate by batters and cut some decent time out.

While I would rather watch baseball than the NFL, that's not saying much. When I want to see football, I watch the college games. There's too much crying in pro football.

I think the recent incidents are just icing on the cake for the NFL already losing fans because the NFL sucks, and it sucked BEFORE Cinderfella started the kneeling BS.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Football is "America's Game" because of marketing, and the short attention span of our society in general. It takes a knowledge of the game to appreciate baseball, then not much to do in life to follow a full season, IF you want to pay extra for it.

The NFL bought up their time-slots when TV was cheap and nobody cared. People didn't live to watch TV in the 60s and 70s. Short season and games (compared to baseball). And some dolt behind the mike overexplaining and replaying each and every play so only 2nd graders don't know what happened. They have constantly tweaked the rules to make the game faster (and way more uneven).

MLB only has so much to work with as far as trimming time. They could take away the prima donna act at the plate by batters and cut some decent time out.

While I would rather watch baseball than the NFL, that's not saying much. When I want to see football, I watch the college games. There's too much crying in pro football.

I think the recent incidents are just icing on the cake for the NFL already losing fans because the NFL sucks, and it sucked BEFORE Cinderfella started the kneeling BS.
    NFL is full of penalties that aren't. Turned into a sissy game before the anti American crap. I feel like pop culture including sports is becoming more and more lifeless. That's what PC is all about. No personality. No individuality. Uninteresting. Everyone is the same and the carbon copy they want everyone to become is incredibly boring.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    NFL is full of penalties that aren't. Turned into a sissy game before the anti American crap. I feel like pop culture including sports is becoming more and more lifeless. That's what PC is all about. No personality. No individuality. Uninteresting. Everyone is the same and the carbon copy they want everyone to become is incredibly boring.
    I grew up playing watching sports in the 60s and 70s. I'd LOVE to put a few 1965 - 75-76 teams against today's NE Patriots, old-school NFL rules, and just watch the bodies hit the floor.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Damn, all that and they lost.

Congrats to the Astros, damn good team, they earned it. What a great series it was!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Damn, all that and they lost.

Congrats to the Astros, damn good team, they earned it. What a great series it was!
    It's about time they won it. Been watching them choke my entire life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Congrats to the ASTRO'S.....

So, where's gabby now?

Another disappointment that goes with her hatred of TRUMP? NOW YOU CAN SCREAM GABBY!
    Last edited by aboutime; 11-02-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !