Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 217

Thread: Atheism

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    25,174
    Thanks (Given)
    9509
    Thanks (Received)
    10840
    Likes (Given)
    489
    Likes (Received)
    836
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475220

    Default Atheism

    Am I alone in thinking that Atheism is now rampant in our country? Am I just in a particularly Godless part of the nation?

    I once saw a statistic that 85% of the country was Christian. Add in Jews and Muslims, etc., and one would think there must be very few Atheists.

    What do y'all think?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13

  2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,827
    Thanks (Given)
    200
    Thanks (Received)
    211
    Likes (Given)
    200
    Likes (Received)
    35
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I can only hope so. I am an atheist.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20,644
    Thanks (Given)
    5863
    Thanks (Received)
    9990
    Likes (Given)
    82
    Likes (Received)
    373
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17790131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I can only hope so. I am an atheist.

    Personally, I have no problem with anyone who claims to be an atheist. But where I draw the line is when an Atheist try's to tell me I am wrong for having faith, or believing as I believe.

    IMO...The Secret to all of the Religion problems is....
    "Everyone mind your own business", and the problems go away.


    Credibility in question here. I don't care.
    Visit My Website here:Here at ICANSAYIT.COM



  5. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny, LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    27,639
    Thanks (Given)
    14128
    Thanks (Received)
    15287
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    686
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Am I alone in thinking that Atheism is now rampant in our country? Am I just in a particularly Godless part of the nation?

    I once saw a statistic that 85% of the country was Christian. Add in Jews and Muslims, etc., and one would think there must be very few Atheists.

    What do y'all think?
    I salt it the same way I do any other media sensantionalism/outright lie. You'd think blacks were more than 13% of the population too with all the attention and hype they get. Their numbers are media creations just as atheist numbers are.

    Atheists are dumbasses anyway. Their whole stance is in "not believing"; which, is of itself a belief.
    GET OFF MY LAWN

  7. Thanks Abbey, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,827
    Thanks (Given)
    200
    Thanks (Received)
    211
    Likes (Given)
    200
    Likes (Received)
    35
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Atheists are dumbasses anyway. Their whole stance is in "not believing"; which, is of itself a belief.
    Atheists are not against beliefs. That is just ridiculous.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Posts
    27,639
    Thanks (Given)
    14128
    Thanks (Received)
    15287
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    686
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Atheists are not against beliefs. That is just ridiculous.
    It is what it is and quite logical. Ridiculous would be the hypocrisy of believing in not believing.
    GET OFF MY LAWN

  10. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
  11. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    20,644
    Thanks (Given)
    5863
    Thanks (Received)
    9990
    Likes (Given)
    82
    Likes (Received)
    373
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    17790131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Atheists are not against beliefs. That is just ridiculous.

    Not true petey. If you want us to believe what you said here. Explain why you MUST be an Atheist to begin with...What are you claiming NOT to believe?

    If you want us to believe what you claim. Why does your claim sound so much like an OXYMORON?

    What is Atheism? | American Atheists
    https://www.atheists.org › Activism › Resources
    Atheism is not an affirmative belief that there is no god nor does it answer any other question about what a person believes. ... Atheism is too often defined incorrectly as a belief system. To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

    Credibility in question here. I don't care.
    Visit My Website here:Here at ICANSAYIT.COM



  12. Likes LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
  13. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    25,174
    Thanks (Given)
    9509
    Thanks (Received)
    10840
    Likes (Given)
    489
    Likes (Received)
    836
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Atheists are not against beliefs. That is just ridiculous.
    Dan Brown has devoted his latest book to trying to convince us all there is no God.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13

  14. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
  15. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,827
    Thanks (Given)
    200
    Thanks (Received)
    211
    Likes (Given)
    200
    Likes (Received)
    35
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    It is what it is and quite logical. Ridiculous would be the hypocrisy of believing in not believing.
    I consider myself atheist and I believe in no man made god. That is a belief. What is wrong logically with that?

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,827
    Thanks (Given)
    200
    Thanks (Received)
    211
    Likes (Given)
    200
    Likes (Received)
    35
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.
    A lack of belief in god does not mean atheists don't believe in "beliefs". I am arguing gunny's claim. I have tons of beliefs. Just not in god.
    Last edited by pete311; 11-01-2017 at 09:51 PM.

  17. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    16,891
    Thanks (Given)
    2538
    Thanks (Received)
    4277
    Likes (Given)
    171
    Likes (Received)
    336
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12451950

    Default

    Yep. Atheists have shit-tons of faith. Probably the most faithful people i know, frankly. In fact, I could never be an atheist because of the faith-without-evidence-type beliefs required - hell, atheism is faith in the FACE of evidence. Atheism is Nero and his fiddle. Atheism is Santa Claus for 6 year olds. Atheism is #screamhelplesslyintothesky. Atheism is illogical dogma. Yet we have millions who worship at the feet of the mystical chance-driven religion of atheism. Their lives would be so much better if they opened their eyes.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

  18. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
  19. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    25,174
    Thanks (Given)
    9509
    Thanks (Received)
    10840
    Likes (Given)
    489
    Likes (Received)
    836
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Yep. Atheists have shit-tons of faith. Probably the most faithful people i know, frankly. In fact, I could never be an atheist because of the faith-without-evidence-type beliefs required - hell, atheism is faith in the FACE of evidence. Atheism is Nero and his fiddle. Atheism is Santa Claus for 6 year olds. Atheism is #screamhelplesslyintothesky. Atheism is illogical dogma. Yet we have millions who worship at the feet of the mystical chance-driven religion of atheism. Their lives would be so much better if they opened their eyes.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13

  20. Thanks darin, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
  21. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,827
    Thanks (Given)
    200
    Thanks (Received)
    211
    Likes (Given)
    200
    Likes (Received)
    35
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Yep. Atheists have shit-tons of faith. Probably the most faithful people i know, frankly. In fact, I could never be an atheist because of the faith-without-evidence-type beliefs required - hell, atheism is faith in the FACE of evidence. Atheism is Nero and his fiddle. Atheism is Santa Claus for 6 year olds. Atheism is #screamhelplesslyintothesky. Atheism is illogical dogma. Yet we have millions who worship at the feet of the mystical chance-driven religion of atheism. Their lives would be so much better if they opened their eyes.
    I don't know what any of this blather means.

  22. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    16,891
    Thanks (Given)
    2538
    Thanks (Received)
    4277
    Likes (Given)
    171
    Likes (Received)
    336
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12451950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I don't know what any of this blather means.
    Put down your fear. (shrug). Put on a logical mind. it's easy.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

  23. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,827
    Thanks (Given)
    200
    Thanks (Received)
    211
    Likes (Given)
    200
    Likes (Received)
    35
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Put down your fear. (shrug). Put on a logical mind. it's easy.
    What fear? What logic?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •