Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Atheism

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    What fear? What logic?
    I think you're afraid of truth. I suspect you're afraid of what it might mean to know God exists. I suspect most folks' self-esteem cant handle the thought they are NOT the center of the world and stuff. Logic. You know...the opposite of Atheism. Thinking this happened by magic or mystical good-fortune...bro...that my friend takes faith.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

2. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I believe in no man made god.
    Where did you get the idea that "man made God?"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I think you're afraid of truth. I suspect you're afraid of what it might mean to know God exists. I suspect most folks' self-esteem cant handle the thought they are NOT the center of the world and stuff. Logic. You know...the opposite of Atheism. Thinking this happened by magic or mystical good-fortune...bro...that my friend takes faith.
    hmmm easier to believe there is eternal darkness or a nice heaven. I wonder which is easier.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Where did you get the idea that "man made God?"
    Every single religion is man made. A man wrote every single piece of scripture in every single holy book.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

hmmm easier to believe there is eternal darkness or a nice heaven. I wonder which is easier.
    i dont care about those things. I care about reason, evidence, probability, and love. And truth. Absolutes. Data.

Every single religion is man made. A man wrote every single piece of scripture in every single holy book.
    Nobody cares nor is talking about Scripture. God is infinitely bigger than a book. The book simply describes God anyway. God's nature.

Nature, on the other hand, describes God's love. Nature POINTS to creation. And that's a good thing.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

i dont care about those things. I care about reason, evidence, probability, and love. And truth. Absolutes. Data.
    Please tell me this reason, evidence, probability, and love. And truth. Absolutes. Data.

Nature POINTS to creation.
    Please explain and don't link me to creationism vs evolution bullshit

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I consider myself atheist and I believe in no man made god. That is a belief. What is wrong logically with that?

IN YOUR OWN WORDS, you believe in not believing. The context of the OP is a belief in God. You cannot refute the existence of God logically, scientifically, nor in any other manner. The only argument against the existence of God is MAN-MADE.

It has been my observation over the years that atheism is based on the inconvenience of Man having to answer to a Higher Authority and Higher Law than those Man makes for his own convenience/pleasure/benefit. The entire universe and life itself just "miracled itself" into existence and made Man God. Completely illogical.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    IN YOUR OWN WORDS, you believe in not believing.
    Yes, and... so what?

The context of the OP is a belief in God. You cannot refute the existence of God logically, scientifically, nor in any other manner. The only argument against the existence of God is MAN-MADE.

It has been my observation over the years that atheism is based on the inconvenience of Man having to answer to a Higher Authority and Higher Law than those Man makes for his own convenience/pleasure/benefit. The entire universe and life itself just "miracled itself" into existence and made Man God. Completely illogical.
    Correct, we can't refute nor prove the existence in a god, so I choose to remain in doubt. The concept of a god is man made. Think horses or goldfish believe in a god?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Yes, and... so what?

Correct, we can't refute nor prove the existence in a god, so I choose to remain in doubt. The concept of a god is man made. Think horses or goldfish believe in a god?
    Difference being, I'm not the one trying to prove anything, nor am I, based on the rules of debate, required to. I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone. The atheist organization in the OP IS. The Constitution guarantees freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. Especially when those crying for freedom from religion are a small minority, unconstitutional, and are trying to force ITS beliefs on others for no more reason than a belief in not believing.

I guess they figured they weren't getting enough attention what with BLM, AntiFA, and illegal aliens getting it all.

Speaking of illogical, I have never seen as many groups of zanies demanding special treatment and freedom from the very laws that have given them the freedoms they have. I look at atheism in the same light ... you'll find it in the novel by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelly -- "Frankenstein". You would destroy that which created you.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

That's not what you said. You said you didn't believe in a "man made God."

Well, neither do I, but words in a book don't make a God. Words written in the Bible don't "make God."

The words in the Bible are basically a historical account, and nowhere in those words does it state that "man made God."
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-02-2017 at 11:51 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

A wise man once said...

"... I'd rather live my life believing there is a God and die and find out there isn't, than live my life believing there isn't a God and die and find out there is."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Difference being, I'm not the one trying to prove anything, nor am I, based on the rules of debate, required to. I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone.
    Neither am I, guess we agree and have nothing further to discuss.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

That's not what you said. You said you didn't believe in a "man made God."

Well, neither do I, but words in a book don't make a God. Words written in the Bible don't "make God."

The words in the Bible are basically a historical account, and nowhere in those words does it state that "man made God."
    All religions create an image of their god. After all how else would you know the christian god without the bible and church? You think a man grown up in isolation on some island miraculously understands the christian god?
    The Bible is not history, was never meant to be. The Bible's writers knew this, theologians know this.
    Last edited by pete311; 11-02-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

A wise man once said...

"... I'd rather live my life believing there is a God and die and find out there isn't, than live my life believing there isn't a God and die and find out there is."
    Yeah his name was Pascal and if that's the kind of gutless bullshit your god enjoys then what does that say about your god? I'd value a god who values skepticism, critical thinking and discovery. Not someone basically making a calculation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

petey... How surprising that with that statement above, you didn't also admit that you, or anyone who identifies as an Atheist...ALSO WROTE THE LINES, STORIES, or SCRIPTURE you use to insist "THERE IS NO GOD!"

Your hypocrisy creeped in, and made you sound like the fool you are.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !