Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    All religions create an image of their god.
    Nope, sorry, that's not true.

After all how else would you know the christian god without the bible and church? You think a man grown up in isolation on some island miraculously understands the christian god?
    God presented himself to Moses, and spoke to others through angels, etc.

The Bible is not history, was never meant to be. The Bible's writers knew this, theologians know this.
    Nope, sorry, wrong again. The Bible is basically a history book inspired by actually events, except for the book of Revelations which is a foretelling of the future.

You know NOTHING of what the the writers of the Bible knew, or you wouldn't here proclaiming to be an atheist, and theologians can only give you their opinion.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-02-2017 at 01:36 PM.

2. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    petey... How surprising that with that statement above, you didn't also admit that you, or anyone who identifies as an Atheist...ALSO WROTE THE LINES, STORIES, or SCRIPTURE you use to insist "THERE IS NO GOD!"

Your hypocrisy creeped in, and made you sound like the fool you are.
    I never said there is no God. Belief is different than fact. I believe there is no man made god. I leave the possibility for something of a higher power, but certainly not in the realm of medieval fables that we have to choose from now.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Nope, sorry, that's not true.
    It's a fact. How do you know anything about the Christian god? The bible, who wrote the bible? Men. These are man made religions.

God presented himself to Moses, and spoke to others through angels, etc.
    How do you know? It's in the bible? Written by who?

Nope, sorry, wrong again. The Bible is basically a history book inspired by actually events, except for the book of Revelations which is a foretelling of the future.

You know NOTHING of what the the writers of the Bible knew, or you wouldn't here proclaiming to be an atheist, and theologians can only give you their opinion.
    No it's not. The Bible is not a primary document. It's been rewritten, translated and books put together over the centuries by the church to form an evangelical device. It's authors wrote their books decades and even centuries after Jesus.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I never said there is no God. Belief is different than fact. I believe there is no man made god. I leave the possibility for something of a higher power, but certainly not in the realm of medieval fables that we have to choose from now.

You really are a jerk petey. You are so confused, not even you know what you said, or are talking about. Never mind...you still refuse to honestly answer my questions without becoming a double-talking stooge for your hypocrisy, and hatred.
    The great thing is...and you can't do anything about it is....No matter how you come here to convince yourself about your brainwashed Atheist thoughts...you will never remove, or destroy what we BELIEVERS call..."Our Faith!"

For as long as you, and others have claimed to be Atheists....you still haven't had any success in proving ANY OF US WRONG.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

You really are a jerk petey. You are so confused, not even you know what you said, or are talking about. Never mind...you still refuse to honestly answer my questions without becoming a double-talking stooge for your hypocrisy, and hatred.
    The great thing is...and you can't do anything about it is....No matter how you come here to convince yourself about your brainwashed Atheist thoughts...you will never remove, or destroy what we BELIEVERS call..."Our Faith!"

For as long as you, and others have claimed to be Atheists....you still haven't had any success in proving ANY OF US WRONG.
    I was in a bad mood, but you put me back in a good mood, thanks! I am not here to prove you wrong. I got better things to do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Neither am I, guess we agree and have nothing further to discuss.
    If we have nothing to discuss, why did you post in the thread? The thread very much is about an atheist organization trying to force what it believes on everyone else. You defended atheism. The math to the last two sentences isn't hard. If your desire is to defend only your version of atheism only, it's rather foolish to piggyback on a thread about a group with a stated agenda, is it not?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

I was in a bad mood, but you put me back in a good mood, thanks! I am not here to prove you wrong. I got better things to do.

Great. So....why are you still here? Another liberal lie coming from you isn't unusual. Still no answers for my questions, and....everybody will watch where you go next here on DP. Or...do you really have better things to do? If so. Time to take that long walk, off that Short pier might help ya!
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    If we have nothing to discuss, why did you post in the thread? The thread very much is about an atheist organization trying to force what it believes on everyone else. You defended atheism. The math to the last two sentences isn't hard. If your desire is to defend only your version of atheism only, it's rather foolish to piggyback on a thread about a group with a stated agenda, is it not?
    I don't support any organization nor defend my belief position.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Not true petey. If you want us to believe what you said here. Explain why you MUST be an Atheist to begin with...What are you claiming NOT to believe?

If you want us to believe what you claim. Why does your claim sound so much like an OXYMORON?
    I don't "MUST" be anything. I don't believe in man made gods. What oxymoron, explain what you mean.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

It's a fact. How do you know anything about the Christian god? The bible, who wrote the bible? Men. These are man made religions.

How do you know? It's in the bible? Written by who?

No it's not. The Bible is not a primary document. It's been rewritten, translated and books put together over the centuries by the church to form an evangelical device. It's authors wrote their books decades and even centuries after Jesus.
    Well, now you're just back to talking like an idiot, and I'm not going to repeat myself, or try to convince you of something that you wouldn't admit being wrong about even if your life depended on it.

You're a Christian basher, got it, b'bye.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Well, now you're just back to talking like an idiot, and I'm not going to repeat myself, or try to convince you of something that you wouldn't admit being wrong about even if your life depended on it.

You're a Christian basher, got it, b'bye.
    Good rebuttle. Not bashing anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

I don't "MUST" be anything. I don't believe in man made gods. What oxymoron, explain what you mean.
    So you don't believe in man-made Gods, a position not supported by any evidence. Yet, you keep calling God "man-made". Why would you believe in a stance of disbelief with nothing to support such a stance?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Nope. I'm not just another liberal idiot like you....who never answers questions without asking more questions. No need to explain anything to you until you decide to honestly answer previous questions you keep ducking.

Go to page 13 of the DNC Talking Points Manual that tells you to NEVER answer any question that might make you see how you have lied.

Get back to us if you DARE.
    So, this is for them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    So you don't believe in man-made Gods, a position not supported by any evidence. Yet, you keep calling God "man-made". Why would you believe in a stance of disbelief with nothing to support such a stance?
    Indeed, in fact, it's a position supported by the lack of evidence.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Nope. I'm not just another liberal idiot like you....who never answers questions without asking more questions. No need to explain anything to you until you decide to honestly answer previous questions you keep ducking.

Go to page 13 of the DNC Talking Points Manual that tells you to NEVER answer any question that might make you see how you have lied.

Get back to us if you DARE.
    Great talking with you!