Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    As if scientists who work their entire lives on this aren't aware of seasonal and local temps. You are at a preschool level on this.
    Hardly. The fact is, it is as I stated in my previous post. A billion dollar industry to "prove" that climate change is man-made. What is man-made is the manufacture of an issue that has been present throughout the history of the Earth -- cyclical climate change in the Earth's temperature.

Once again, Man's arrogance comes into play, assuming he matters. Using FACTUAL science alone, it refutes the junk science of "man-made global climate change". The Earth has been an ocean, a swamp, and had an Ice Age and NOT ONE MAN was present during ANY of it. Yet, the planet's climate changed without us. The simplicity of the actual geological facts boggles the mind when you look at all the people who believe the crap, to include delusional scientists who actually fall for their own hype. Minus the sheeple being sold an Edsel and the delusional, you have nothing left but salesmen making a buck off naivete.

Then there are the plain old dipshits like Al Gore. His electric bill alone will support a whole town. He assuages his guilt by purchasing "carbon credits". Well, doesn't THAT just make it all right? Al wants to hold the rest of the world to a higher standard while purchasing with human coinage a separate set of rules that in NO WAY lessen his impact on the environment. And the bridge-buyers go for it. "Al's okay. He paid his man-made money to some men to day he was". Brilliant.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Hardly. The fact is, it is as I stated in my previous post. A billion dollar industry to "prove" that climate change is man-made. What is man-made is the manufacture of an issue that has been present throughout the history of the Earth -- cyclical climate change in the Earth's temperature.
    This report is from the Trump administration. Cyclical change has been ruled out. Read the report in the past post.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

As if scientists who work their entire lives on this aren't aware of seasonal and local temps. You are at a preschool level on this.
    I know "scientists" have been up to big tricks fudging numbers and outright lying about GLOBAL WARMING.

Yeah that's right GLOBAL WARMING. You progtards had to play your name change game with GLOBAL WARMING too didn't ya, because after all, who can deny CLIMATE CHANGE, since the climate does change, it's called SEASONS.

Go pound sand, idiot.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-05-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

This report is from the Trump administration. Cyclical change has been ruled out. Read the report in the past post.

Interesting.

So, suddenly you're on board with the Trump Administration and accept that what they say is beyond reproach, yes?

Attaboy, Petey. I knew you'd abandon your rabid marxist leanings sooner or later when a few breakers started clicking on.

Now it's time to boot the trannies from our Military, build the wall, deport all illegals, cut those taxes, boot moochers off welfare, stop voting fraud, finish stacking the SCOTUS & Fed Courts with conservative justices and put a few moonbats in jail, whattayasay?

Oh, and of course, finish winning the war on ISIS... but that's almost done now, so you'll just have to be happy for the rest of us that were rooting for the good guys before your enlightenment.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This report is from the Trump administration.
    Which person, specifically, from the Trump administration was it that wrote this?

It's not like Trump has changed any stance, or changed his position, whether prior to or after this report. Honestly not sure about anyone else in his admin. Point being, continually pointing this out doesn't give it any more weight.

In fact, the leading director for the (USGCR) came into the position in 2015 - prior to Trump.

Another point being - It doesn't appear that this has anything to do with the administrations in the WH - unless one wants to point out that the man in charge came about when Obama's administration was around.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Who ruled it out? The aforementioned shysters getting paid billions to prove it's true? There's no money in proving it isn't true, not to mention once they did, they'd be on the unemployment line.

The Trump Administration saying it holds no ice with me. He's for "fixing" Obamacare too, instead of having it declared Unconstitutional in its entirety because Constitutional or not, people want their promised freebies even if they aren't really getting any. The fact is, the scam has grown so large that proving it to be the scam it is would devastate the economy.

In the meantime, the "do-gooders" NEVER mention Asia/SE Asia/SW Asia as the world's worst polluters. We got nothing on them. Yet US citizens should suffer. Just like all the other fearmongering crap we buy. Nothing new but the name.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Does anyone Honestly believe petey?

In many posts, if you pay attention to petey. Everything Trump, and anyone around him says...."Has to be a Lie!"
    So, petey comes here and ironically now tells us HE BELIEVES information from someone in the Trump admin, or Trump???

You want it both ways petey? Start answering our questions..HONESTLY instead of using the DNC Talking Points manual for the Perpetually Ignorant Liberals.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I know "scientists" have been up to big tricks fudging numbers and outright lying about GLOBAL WARMING.

Yeah that's right GLOBAL WARMING. You progtards had to play your name change game with GLOBAL WARMING too didn't ya, because after all, who can deny CLIMATE CHANGE, since the climate does change, it's called SEASONS.

Go pound sand, idiot.
    These are Trump admin scientists. You have no more ammo in that excuse.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Which person, specifically, from the Trump administration was it that wrote this?

It's not like Trump has changed any stance, or changed his position, whether prior to or after this report. Honestly not sure about anyone else in his admin. Point being, continually pointing this out doesn't give it any more weight.

In fact, the leading director for the (USGCR) came into the position in 2015 - prior to Trump.

Another point being - It doesn't appear that this has anything to do with the administrations in the WH - unless one wants to point out that the man in charge came about when Obama's administration was around.
    Why would Trump's stance matter. He's not a scientist. Anyone who works under Trump, works for Trump. Lots of heads had to okay the report to be published.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Who ruled it out?
    The report. See my previous post. They discuss it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

The report. See my previous post. They discuss it.
    Not that hard to just answer a simple question. I'm not going to read pages of a report that says exactly what the snake oil salesman wants it to, only to reaffirm my position. I don't need to be convinced.

I just can't ever get used to how many people there are that will buy snake oil.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Not that hard to just answer a simple question. I'm not going to read pages of a report that says exactly what the snake oil salesman wants it to, only to reaffirm my position. I don't need to be convinced.

I just can't ever get used to how many people there are that will buy snake oil.
    You gotta remember Gunny. Petey boy isn't known for EVER answering any questions.
    That might disclose his total lack of intelligence...then, where would he be???
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

https://science2017.globalchange.gov...utive-summary/

"Many lines of evidence demonstrate that it is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. Over the last century, there are no convincing alternative explanations supported by the extent of the observational evidence. Solar output changes and internal natural variability can only contribute marginally to the observed changes in climate over the last century, and there is no convincing evidence for natural cycles in the observational record that could explain the observed changes in climate. (Very high confidence)"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

https://science2017.globalchange.gov...utive-summary/

"Many lines of evidence demonstrate that it is extremely likely that human influence has been the dominant cause of the observed warming since the mid-20th century. Over the last century, there are no convincing alternative explanations supported by the extent of the observational evidence. Solar output changes and internal natural variability can only contribute marginally to the observed changes in climate over the last century, and there is no convincing evidence for natural cycles in the observational record that could explain the observed changes in climate. (Very high confidence)"
    Like I said ...

So ... according to the report,the universe is not affecting the Earth's climate, the ants that inhabit it do. That's more of an "extremely UNLIKELY" to me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Like I said ...

So ... according to the report,the universe is not affecting the Earth's climate, the ants that inhabit it do. That's more of an "extremely UNLIKELY" to me.
    Here is what you do gunny. Go into your garage. Close it. Turn the car on. See how long you last and tell me it's the universe causing you to choke.