Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Good take on what we're doing here in response to the attack

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

2. Thanks NightTrain thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Good take on what we're doing here in response to the attack

That young man speaks a lot of truth there.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes darin, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

There's a few things that weren't said. This from a witness:

Asshole (is too good a word) went pew to pew shooting the everyone -- including babies. I don't hate a lot of things, but that scumsucking, faggot-ass piece of shit got the fuck off light killing himself. Should have dragged his body behind a truck up and down through town anyway.

I HATE people that hurt children and dead babies are the the fucking WORST.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Black Diamond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    There's a few things that weren't said. This from a witness:

Asshole (is too good a word) went pew to pew shooting the everyone -- including babies. I don't hate a lot of things, but that scumsucking, faggot-ass piece of shit got the fuck off light killing himself. Should have dragged his body behind a truck up and down through town anyway.

I HATE people that hurt children and dead babies are the the fucking WORST.
    Yah. Ask Putin if there are any of stalins gulags left we could borrow. What is it with these fucks killing themselves ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Yah. Ask Putin if there are any of stalins gulags left we could borrow. What is it with these fucks killing themselves ?
    http://www.nytimes.com/1984/10/30/sc...pagewanted=all
    HOW RELEASE OF MENTAL PATIENTS BEGAN
    By RICHARD D. LYONS
    Published: October 30, 1984
    FACEBOOK
    TWITTER
    GOOGLE+
    EMAIL
    PRINT
    REPRINTS
    THE policy that led to the release of most of the nation's mentally ill patients from the hospital to the community is now widely regarded as a major failure. Sweeping critiques of the policy, notably the recent report of the American Psychiatric Association, have spread the blame everywhere, faulting politicians, civil libertarian lawyers and psychiatrists.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/20...ll_301246.html
    Look back in time....not long ago; when Washington/Congress decided it was too expensive, and offensive to house people with MENTAL PROBLEMS...not to mention, being unfair, cruel, and unusual punishment...According to POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, to get, and keep the Mentally Unstable off the streets of America.

This is the way I see what is happening across the nation...too many times!

On Feb. 5, 1963, 50 years ago this week, President John F. Kennedy addressed Congress on "Mental Illness and Mental Retardation." He proposed a new program under which the federal government would fund community mental-health centers, or CMHCs, to take the place of state mental hospitals. As Kennedy envisioned it, "reliance on the cold mercy of custodial isolations will be supplanted by the open warmth of community concern and capability."

President Kennedy's proposal was historic because the public care of mentally ill individuals had been exclusively a state responsibility for more than a century. The federal initiative encouraged the closing of state hospitals and aborted the development of state-funded outpatient clinics in process at that time.
    Last edited by aboutime; 11-08-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Technically? From a purely logical standpoint, killing one's self after pulling off this heinous kind of shit is smart. We love to label it "cowardly" but really ...

From the mass murderer point of view what do you have to look forward to? Being a freak-show spectacle for the media and public, locked up and isolated for the rest of your sort life and in the end ... here in Texas? We're going to kill you like an old dog anyway. The public wants it's revenge. Me included. So, he screwed us over by depriving us of that too.

I am not one who sees it as cowardly, though that is the knee-jerk outrage and response. We want to throw tomatoes at the condemned. We feel cheated. Last laugh is his.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The Bible says you shouldn't take your own life, because God gave you life, so it's not your's to take.

God is the giver of life. He gives, and He takes away (Job 1:21). Suicide, the taking of one’s own life, is ungodly because it rejects God’s gift of life. No man or woman should presume to take God’s authority upon themselves to end his or her own life.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/newreply...5167&noquote=1
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-09-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    The Bible says you shouldn't take your own life, because God gave you life, so it's not your's to take.

God is the giver of life. He gives, and He takes away (Job 1:21). Suicide, the taking of one’s own life, is ungodly because it rejects God’s gift of life. No man or woman should presume to take God’s authority upon themselves to end his or her own life.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/newreply...5167&noquote=1
    I'm thinking after murdering 27 people and putting as many more in the hospital, what God thinks isn't on the priority list.

Your argument CAN also be used as an argument against the death penalty. "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord". It is not our place to exact it for Him. But we do for the reasons I mentioned before: we want our pound of flesh; which, is a mortal desire for revenge.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm thinking after murdering 27 people and putting as many more in the hospital, what God thinks isn't on the priority list.
    I TOTALLY agree with that, pard.

Your argument CAN also be used as an argument against the death penalty. "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord". It is not our place to exact it for Him. But we do for the reasons I mentioned before: we want our pound of flesh; which, is a mortal desire for revenge.
    IDK... I wouldn't say equate getting the death penalty to committing suicide. You're right about "vengence is mine" though. Man ain't perfect.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I TOTALLY agree with that, pard.

IDK... I wouldn't say equate getting the death penalty to committing suicide. You're right about "vengence is mine" though. Man ain't perfect.
    We already had the death penalty argument (for the millionth time) here awhile back. Not arguing the right nor wrong of it with you, just calling it what it is, regardless one's take.

As I stated previously, I have a SERIOUS issue with dead babies. Dragging this POS down the street and through the brush around here (every thing that grows here will stick, stab or cut you) would have been getting off light with me.

Like you said ... we're all human. Until I'm not.
    Last edited by Gunny; 11-09-2017 at 01:27 PM.