Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Darius Rucker -- CMA Awards

Darius Rucker, Lady Antebellum and that Australian dude are opening for the CMAs. Rucking has a 1stMarDiv patch from Guadalcanal on his guitar strap. Seems a bit young, don't he? The Battle of Guadalcanal was in 1942.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Possible it was his fathers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Possible it was his fathers

Doubtful, he wasn't close to his father so it's unlikely he would honor him in that way. Not to mention the fact that Rucker is younger than I am so it is also unlikely that his father was old enough to serve in WWII.

Most logical answers are he thinks it's cool or he supports the military.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I didn't watch. Can't stand what they call "country music" nowadays. It all sounds the same, cookie cutter garbage, more like pop than country.

Give me some George Jones or Patsy Cline, that's real country.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I thought this was pretty good

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Doubtful, he wasn't close to his father so it's unlikely he would honor him in that way. Not to mention the fact that Rucker is younger than I am so it is also unlikely that his father was old enough to serve in WWII.

Most logical answers are he thinks it's cool or he supports the military.
    The 1stMarDiv had and still has the same patch. The difference being the name of the campaign or war is listed next to the "1". I just found it curious that he would be sporting one, the mindset from my POV being "If we don't rate it, we don't wear it". An active duty person wearing something he hasn't earned can be brought up on charges for it. Anyway, I was just curious.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I didn't watch. Can't stand what they call "country music" nowadays. It all sounds the same, cookie cutter garbage, more like pop than country.

Give me some George Jones or Patsy Cline, that's real country.
    What is "real country" is usually based on what you were brought up on. That's for style and age. The country I like most is more bluegrass because it's what I was raised on. As a Southern rock fan, I also like what is now called "Texas Outlaw" which is basically hard rock-country. Texas has its own style of country music.

I don't like pop country in general. That's for if you're hard up and stuck with just a radio in the truck. I do however listen to almost anything if I like the song. I'll listen to Tejano if the music is good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    What is "real country" is usually based on what you were brought up on. That's for style and age. The country I like most is more bluegrass because it's what I was raised on. As a Southern rock fan, I also like what is now called "Texas Outlaw" which is basically hard rock-country. Texas has its own style of country music.

I don't like pop country in general. That's for if you're hard up and stuck with just a radio in the truck. I do however listen to almost anything if I like the song. I'll listen to Tejano if the music is good.
    Yes to the bolded. The best.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Looks like a fan gave that to him :

Brody
    @StanlyHoneyBdgr<button type="button" class=" EdgeButton EdgeButton--secondary EdgeButton--medium button-text follow-text" style="color: rgb(134, 146, 144); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(134, 146, 144); padding: 6px 16px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; border-radius: 100px; box-shadow: none; position: relative; white-space: nowrap; display: block; min-width: 105px;">FollowFollow
    @StanlyHoneyBdgr
    </button>

<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 0px 9px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

@dariusrucker Noticed a 101 airborne patch on your guitar strap last night at Gexa. Why do you wear it?

Darius RuckerVerified account @dariusrucker<button type="button" class=" EdgeButton EdgeButton--secondary EdgeButton--medium button-text follow-text" style="color: rgb(134, 146, 144); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(134, 146, 144); padding: 6px 16px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; border-radius: 100px; box-shadow: none; position: relative; white-space: nowrap; display: block; min-width: 105px;">FollowFollow
    @dariusrucker
    </button>

<button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 0px 9px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding: 2px 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out; position: relative;">More
    </button>

Darius Rucker Retweeted Brody
    Given to me during a show for the military. And I love and respect all those folks!
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

11. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post