Without a doubt, Tuesday was a positive day for the Democrats, perhaps even a launching pad for their future. Almost all victories for the evening. There really isn't much of anything negative to say, a win is a win.

This isn't me trying to whine on their parades, just looking at the reality of it all. Some media have labeled it as a landslide, a sign of the future, shows the nation doesn't support Trump... and all kinds of other crazy negative things towards the Republicans.

But does any of this really show a romping and a complete sign of public opinion turning against republicans and/or those who have supported or who haven't supported Trump? I don't think so, not in my lame opinion anyway.

There were states that had governor up for election. New Jersey & Virginia. Both went to Democrats. Pretty much every poll for awhile had Northam taking the W, so it was no surprise. I didn't follow any of this election, so I'm a homer in that respect. But not surprising that it went from Dem to Dem. In New Jersey, Murphy has held a long established lead in the polls, so another that really was no surprise. Quite frankly, I think a lot of folks in NJ grew tired of Chris Christie, and his time as governor likely lead to helping Murphy win at the polls.

Then their was just one state senate position open, Washington State. This was another "takeaway" for the Democrats.

Then there were no less than 20 mayors up for election. Some were listed as no partisanship. With those aside....

The Democrats did "takeaways" in 2 cities. 15 were incumbents or stayed Dem. 2 Republicans won that were incumbents. 1 win was for the independence/reform party.

Again, VERY good night for the Democrats. But did they run away with power? Not in my opinion. Is this a sign of things to come? It's hard to tell, as many of these "stayed the course" with the same parties staying in charge in the same locations. The 2 governors were the major takeaways for the day. And Murphy is expected to legalize marijuana in the state, which is probably why all the stoners went out and voted.