So, in August I had a blood test that showed I am producing an abnormal amount of red blood cells (polycythemia). After having ultrasound, pulmonary testing, a CT scan, a PET scan and visiting with a cardiologist for stress test ...no results visit yet), a urinologist, and an oncologist, I have now been scheduled to have an octreotide scan next month.

This will be the third time in three months that I'm going to be having radioactive material injected into my veins and then having these large machines take pictures of my innards.

I'm amazed at all the additional things that they have found inside but don't present problems (i.e., multiple parapelvic cysts) and yet they still haven't found the exact thing they're looking for which is some type of an NET (neuro-endocrine tumor). So far my kidneys, bladder, liver and lungs look good. This next test will be looking at my pancreas and my intestines. Earlier this year I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy and everything looked good there as well. However, I'm exhibiting symptoms of a carcinoid tumor so we've been trying to find out where it is.

So keep your fingers crossed that this test will show where it's at so we can deal with it and get on with life. I'm tired of being injected with this radioactive material because I can't be around my great-grand baby for at least 24 to 48 hours after I have those tests. If they don't find it this time around I'll probably have to have a bone marrow biopsy.

Plus, I'm tired of glowing in the dark.