Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Roger Goodell - $50 million a year + lifetime private jet use?

Talk about insanity. Not a single player in the NFL makes that kinda money. I don't care what his job entails, that's just too much for what he does. No wonder Jerry Jones is pissed. It's not just the antics and the penalties and the suspensions.... Why in the world should he get paid this kind of money? Yeah, I know that the NFL is a major billion dollar business, but still. Even his current salary of $30 million is sickening.

---

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Wants $49.5 Million a Year Plus Lifetime Use of Private Jet

The NFL's Compensation Committee will hold a conference call Monday to further discuss the extension of Roger Goodell's contract. This conference call comes shortly after Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he wasn't happy with the proposals currently on the table.

That's not very surprising, since Goodell's alleged counterproposal to the NFL is extremely audacious:

The committee will address Goodell's salary and compensation package. The last written counterproposal from Goodell, which was around the first of August, was seeking about $49.5 million per year, as well as the lifetime use of a private jet and lifetime health insurance for his family, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.
    Joe Lockhart, the executive vice president of communications, denies ESPN's reporting on Goodell's supposed counterproposal, but the source who first told the network about it stands by his story. At this moment, Goodell makes $30 million a year. $49.5 million would be an increase of nearly 50 percent.

NFL owners take the report of the $49.5 million wage plus a lifetime use of a private jet very seriously. One owner told ESPN that there are "several owners in this league who don't make $40 million a year." He added that the number "just seems too much" and is "offensive. It's unseemly."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/nfl-com...e-private-jet/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Why should he get a raise? For selectively enforcing rules? Will $19M buy him a spine?

Screw him. MY counter proposal would be takes a cut in pay commensurate with the loss in revenue the NFL has taken since he decided to back down to Black Flies Matter.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

NFL will give it to him. They don't know any better.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Why should he get a raise? For selectively enforcing rules? Will $19M buy him a spine?

Screw him. MY counter proposal would be takes a cut in pay commensurate with the loss in revenue the NFL has taken since he decided to back down to Black Flies Matter.
    He;s the worst commissioner the NFL has had in my lifetime. The one before him was pretty bad changing the rules every year, but had nothing on Goodell. The owners should fire his ass. He's costing the entire league revenue, not to mention the merchandising machine that makes a living off of its image.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure Condi Rice would do it for much less. And do a better job, too.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I'm pretty sure Condi Rice would do it for much less. And do a better job, too.
    They needed her like 10 years ago.

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post