Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well... I had MAJOR problems with the PS4 Pro that Amazon sent. The PS4 box had been torn open from the bottom and the inside box removed, and there was a huge gash in that box... instantly my blood is boiling because this is supposed to be NEW IN UNOPENED BOX, so I didn't even open the inside box, I just put it back in the outside box, took pictures, and called Amazon and initiated a return... and I won't go into it any more than that because to say I was PISSED OFF is putting it mildly. I think these jackoffs think they can ship the B-stock and/or returns, whatever, out to the backwoods addresses because we'll be too STUPID to know any better. We'll just shrug it off... well... no... ain't happenin' at this fuckin' address.

Anyway... so I had to go up to Walmart and buy a different PS4 Pro and PAY for it, instead of having it on a payment deal on my Amazon Store Card, but after I got everything set up, as there is a MILLION damn cables and crap to hook up, I did get a taste of the VR last night, and I must say... OH MY FREAKIN' GAAAAAAWD... if you're prone to motion sickness, don't even go there. I played some of the Driveclub VR and it's SO REAL... IDK... and it's 3D, I have NO IDEA how they get it to look 3D without any of those glasses but it IS, and you can look left, right, up, down, you can stick your head out of the car window and look BEHIND YOU... OH... it's best if you sit in a SWIVEL CHAIR, you WILL need it, but it's SO REAL... just... I can't find the words. You have to see it to believe it.

I'm looking forward to a lot more of this. What fun on those cold, stuck inside winter days. You can even put any of your movies in the console and watch it as if you were in a massive movie theater.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-22-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

We have a Vive and my son is pretty happy with it. However, I wasn't very happy about parting with $800.
    Experienced Social Distancer ... waaaay before COVID.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

My friend have HTC Vive.
    I tried it two days ago. Well. I'm impressed. It is definitely not cheap, but maybe I'll buy it.. And my gf definitely gonna kill me for spending so much money

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Well I'm selling the entire works. Not because the VR isn't cool, but because the Sony VR headset fits very strange and I can't get it right. As soon as I put it on and get it situated, any little movement of my head, especially looking up, and the back slips up and the front slips down, then my eyes are too close, screws up the focus, my eye lashes hit the lenses and the whole thing is just one big disaster... so I'm selling the whole set up.

I have been doing some research on all the different VR's and have found that the HTC Vive is about the best one, and it's computer based, but they're coming out with a new one probably this month, the HTC VIVE PRO. Just so happens I put a big new PNY graphics card in my computer, so it could handle the VR without a problem. I think that as soon as I sell this Sony stuff I'll buy the HTC VIVE PRO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Well I'm selling the entire works. Not because the VR isn't cool, but because the Sony VR headset fits very strange and I can't get it right. As soon as I put it on and get it situated, any little movement of my head, especially looking up, and the back slips up and the front slips down, then my eyes are too close, screws up the focus, my eye lashes hit the lenses and the whole thing is just one big disaster... so I'm selling the whole set up.

I have been doing some research on all the different VR's and have found that the HTC Vive is about the best one, and it's computer based, but they're coming out with a new one probably this month, the HTC VIVE PRO. Just so happens I put a big new PNY graphics card in my computer, so it could handle the VR without a problem. I think that as soon as I sell this Sony stuff I'll buy the HTC VIVE PRO.

Sounds like a nice plan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This looks like it has a lot of detail, and it's the HTC VIVE... the new pro has almost DOUBLE the resolution of the Sony VR...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Have the PSVR, and it is unreal how intense the games can get - of special note are Eve: Valkyrie, and Resident Evil Biohazard. Once they really nail this technology (especially with regards to the number of wires needed) it’s gonna be great.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.