Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Weinstein aftermath: All the men accused of sexual misconduct

There are some on this list that are guilty, that have admitted guilt, like Harvey Weinstein. I also have to wonder, how many, if any, are on this list that may be innocent? And the same applies to others we have heard about in the news that may not have made this list.

---

Weinstein aftermath: All the men accused of sexual misconduct

Since the allegations of sexual abuse by Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein surfaced on Oct. 5, women have been stepping forward to publicly share their stories of sexual misconduct.

Although many of the accusations originally focused on Hollywood, men across industries including tech, business, politics and media are facing consequences for claims ranging from sexual harassment to rape.

Below is a list (organized alphabetically) of powerful men who have been accused since the Weinstein scandal broke:

Ben Affleck

The actor and director was accused of groping MTV host Hilarie Burton during a 2003 appearance on Total Request Live. He issued an apology on Oct. 11, tweeting, "I acted inappropriately toward Ms. Burton and I sincerely apologize." His apology came a day after he condemned Weinstein’s behavior.

Gavin Baker

The technology fund manager at Fidelity Investments was accused by multiple employees of harassment, most notably a female equity-research associate who claims she was sexually harassed by Baker and filed a complaint, reports The Wall Street Journal. An attorney for the woman claimed Baker was fired by Fidelity, but Baker — who said in a statement he "strenuously" denies any allegations — claims he left the company "amicably."

John Besh

Twenty-five women have said they were sexually harassed (by him or other male employees) while working at one of the celebrity chef's restaurants. Besh stepped down from Besh Restaurant Group on Oct. 23. "I have been seeking to rebuild my marriage and come to terms with my reckless actions," he wrote in a statement. "I also regret any harm this may have caused to my second family at the restaurant group, and sincerely apologize to anyone past and present who has worked for me who found my behavior as unacceptable as I do."

George H.W. Bush

Former Republican President George H.W. Bush has been accused by seven women of grabbing their butts. One of the women says she was 16 at the time. After the initial report Oct. 25, a Bush spokesman issued a statement of apology, saying "on occasion, he has patted women’s rears" and it was never meant to cause offense.

Louis C.K.

The actor and comedian known for his vulgar humor was accused of sexual misconduct by five woman in an exposé published by The New York Times on Nov. 9. Among the claims, comedian Dana Min Goodman alleged C.K. exposed himself and started masturbating in front of her and fellow comedian Julia Wolov in his hotel room during a comedy festival in 2002. C.K. admitted to committing the acts described in the Times piece. "These stories are true," he wrote in a statement released by his publicist, Lewis Kay, on Nov. 10. C.K. has since lost a host of jobs, including his gig with the upcoming Secret Life of Pets sequel.

Nick Carter

Melissa Schuman, formerly of the pop group Dream, has accused Backstreet Boys' Nick Carter on Nov. 2 of raping her when she was 18. Carter denies the allegations.

John Conyers

U.S. Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., has been accused of sexual harassment toward staffers in his office, and has settled one claim of harassment. He has denied the allegations, even the one he settled. An ethics committee investigation into his behavior is underway, but Conyers has no plans to resign, his lawyer says.

Andy Dick

The actor and comedian (Road Trip), was accused of "groping people’s genitals, unwanted kissing/licking and sexual propositions of at least four members of the production,” on the set of the independent feature film Raising Buchanan, according to a report from The Hollywood Reporter. In an interview with the news outlet Oct. 30, Dick denied groping claims, but admitted to licking and propositioning people. He has since been fired from his role in Buchanan, and was let go from a separate film for similar behavior.

Richard Dreyfuss

Actor Richard Dreyfuss (Jaws, Mr. Holland's Opus) was accused on Nov. 10 of sexual harassment by writer Jessica Teich. This includes him showing her his penis, she says. Dreyfuss denies exposing himself, but admitted that "at the height of my fame in the late 1970s I became an asshole – the kind of performative masculine man my father had modeled for me to be. I lived by the motto, 'If you don’t flirt, you die.' And flirt I did...But I am not an assaulter."

Hamilton Fish

The president and publisher of The New Republic magazine resigned on Nov. 3 following a report from The New York Times of an investigation into allegations of inappropriate conduct by female employees. In an email to New Republic owner Win McCormack, Fish expressed "deep dismay" at the claims. "Women have longstanding and profound concerns with respect to their treatment in the workplace," he wrote. "Many men have a lot to learn in this regard. I know I do, and I hope for and encourage that new direction."

Al Franken

The Democratic U.S. Senator from Minnesota and Saturday Night Live alum was accused by TV host and broadcaster Leeann Tweeden of kissing and groping her without her consent while on a USO tour in the Middle East in 2006. A second woman has stepped forward claiming Franken inappropriately touched her. While Congressional leaders seek a review of the claims, Franken apologized for the Tweeden incident. "I respect women," he said. "I don't respect men who don't. And the fact that my own actions have given people a good reason to doubt that makes me feel ashamed."

Alex Gilady

International Olympic Committee member Alex Gilady has been accused by two women of rape and by two others of inappropriate conduct. Gilady denied the rape accusations, said he didn't recall one of the other allegations, but acknowledged a claim he'd propositioned a woman during a job interview 25 years ago was "mainly correct." He stepped down as president of an Israeli broadcasting company he founded. The IOC has said it is looking into the allegations.

Gary Goddard

The producer and writer (Masters of the Universe), was accused by ER actor Anthony Edwards of molesting him in an essay published Nov. 10 on Medium. Edwards says he first met Goddard when he was 12, and served as a leader for Edwards' group of friends. "Everyone has the need to bond, and I was no exception," Edwards wrote. "My vulnerability was exploited. I was molested by Goddard, my best friend was raped by him — and this went on for years. The group of us, the gang, stayed quiet." Goddard's press representative Sam Singer put out a statement on Nov. 10 "unequivocally" denying Edward's charges.

David Guillod

The manager, producer and co-CEO of Primary Wave Entertainment (Atomic Blonde), was accused by actress Jessica Barth of drugging and sexually assaulting her in 2012 when he was working as her manager, she confirmed to The Wrap on Nov. 2. Barth said she reported the incident to the LAPD after it happened. She then said that Guillod threatened her with a lawsuit to keep her from pressing charges. Following the allegations, Guillod's attorney said charges were fully investigated at the time, but he has taken a leave of absence from the company, reports Deadline and The Hollywood Reporter.

Mark Halperin

The MSNBC political analyst was accused by five women of sexual harassment, including forcible kissing. One woman claims Halperin grabbed her breasts. NBC News terminated his contract, and he lost both a book deal and HBO project. In a statement to CNN, Halperin said he would take a step back to deal with the situation. "I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain," he said. "For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize."

Dustin Hoffman

The Oscar-winning actor known for Rain Man and The Graduate, was accused of sexual harassment by Anna Graham Hunter in an article published by The Hollywood Reporter on Nov. 1. Hunter alleges talked about sex in front of her while she was a 17-year-old intern on the set of his 1985 TV-movie adaptation of Death of a Salesman. Hoffman apologized in a statement to the Associated Press, saying, “I have the utmost respect for women and feel terrible that anything I might have done could have put her in an uncomfortable situation… It is not reflective of who I am.” The following day, a second accuser, Wendy Riss Gatsiounis, told Variety he made verbal advances and tried to convince her to go to a nearby hotel when she was a playwright in her 20s.

Danny Jordaan

Former South African soccer association president Danny Jordaan has been accused by former member of parliament Jennifer Ferguson of raping her in 1993. Jordaan denies the accusation.

Steve Jurvetson

The founding partner of venture capital firm DFJ left in November after the company launched an investigation into "indirect and second-hand allegations." The investigation was sparked by inquiries from USA TODAY and other news outlets about Jurvetson's conduct with women. He was also given a leave of absence as a board member for SpaceX and Tesla. Jurvetson denies any allegations. "I am leaving DFJ to focus on personal matters, including taking legal action against those whose false statements have defamed me."

Ethan Kath

The songwriter and producer of Canadian music group Crystal Castles was accused of rape on Oct. 24 by former bandmate Alice Glass in a lengthy letter posted on her website, Vulture and The Huffington Post report. She claims the abuse lasted for almost 10 years, starting when she was 15 years old, and that this was the reason she left the band, which she co-founded with Kath, in 2014. In a statement to Pitchfork via his attorney, Kath — whose real name is Claudio Palmieri — denied the allegations. "I am outraged and hurt by the recent statements made by Alice about me and our prior relationship,” the statement reads. “Fortunately, there are many witnesses who can and will confirm that I was never abusive to Alice.”

Andrew Kreisberg

The creator of CW superhero series Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow, was suspended by Warner Bros. on Nov. 10, Warner Bros. spokesperson Tammy Golihew confirmed to USA TODAY, after Varietypublished a story in which 15 women and four men alleged sexual harassment and inappropriate physical contact. He told the trade magazine that he denied any inappropriate touching or massages, saying “I have made comments on women’s appearances and clothes in my capacity as an executive producer, but they were not sexualized. Like many people, I have given someone a non-sexual hug or kiss on the cheek.”

John Lasseter

The chief creative officer of Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios, will take a six-month leave of absence following what he called "missteps" in a memo obtained by USA TODAY on Nov. 21. The news broke as The Hollywood Reporter was compiling a report into alleged sexual misconduct, which published later that day citing sources who remain unnamed "out of fear that their careers in the tight-knit animation community would be damaged." The insiders told the industry publication that his behavior went beyond hugging to “grabbing, kissing, making comments about physical attributes.”

Benny Medina

The manager who currently represents Jennifer Lopez was accused of attempted rape by Sordid Lives star Jason Dottley in an interview published by The Advocate on Nov. 10. After throwing Dottley onto a bed in Medina's Los Angeles mansion in 2008, Medina “stuck his tongue down my mouth,” Dottley alleges in the interview. A statement from Medina's lawyers Howard Weitzman and Shawn Holley to USA TODAY said Medina "categorically denies the allegation of attempted rape."

Murray Miller

The screenwriter best known for the hit TV series Girls was accused of sexual assault by actress Aurora Perrineau, according to a. Nov. 20 report from The Wrap. Perrineau, who alleges the incident occurred in 2012 when she was 17, filed a report at the West Hollywood station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, Sgt. Nelson Rios confirmed to USA TODAY. Miller's attorney, Matthew B. Walerstein, sent USA TODAY a statement in which his client denied Perrineau's allegations. Girls creator and star Lena Dunham and executive producer Jenni Konner issued a statement Friday in support of Miller, which she later apologized for after receiving criticism.

Roy Moore

The Republican candidate for U.S. Senator in Alabama was accused by eight women of a range of inappropriate conduct, ranging from unwanted attention to sexual misconduct and assault. Most of the incidents took place when Moore was assistant district attorney in Gadsden from 1977 to 1982. One woman, Leigh Corfman, said she was 14 when Moore, then 32, took her to his home, undressed her and guided her hand over his crotch. The legal age of consent, then and now, is 16. Moore calls the allegations "completely false," and plans to continue his Senate campaign.

Michael Oreskes

The senior vice president for news at National Public Radio resigned on Nov. 1 after multiple women accused him of inappropriate conduct. Two women claimed Oreskes abruptly kissed them on the lips and stuck his tongue in their mouths while discussing job prospects, according to The Washington Post. The incidents took place while he was The New York Times’ Washington D.C. bureau chief in the 1990s. A third woman filed a complaint at NPR accusing him of harassment in October 2015. "I am deeply sorry to the people I hurt," Oreskes said in a statement. "My behavior was wrong and inexcusable, and I accept full responsibility."

Jeremy Piven

The actor on the TV series Entourage, was accused by actress and reality star Ariane Bellamar of groping her on two occasions. In her tweets published Oct. 30, she alleges one encounter took place in Piven's trailer on the Entourage set, when he allegedly grabbed her breasts and bottom, and the other occurred at the Playboy Mansion. Piven denied the allegations in a statement sent to USA TODAY by his rep, Jennifer Allen: "I unequivocally deny the appalling allegations being peddled about me." CBS, which airs Piven's new series, Wisdom of the Crowd, said in a statement, "We are aware of the media reports and are looking into the matter."

Roy Price

The Amazon Studios programming chief resigned in October after Isa Hackett, a producer of Amazon Studios' series The Man in the High Castle, accused him of insistently and repeatedly propositioning her in 2015. Two of Price’s lieutenants, Joe Lewis and Conrad Riggs, were also let go shortly after his departure. Price has yet to issue a statement on the allegation.

Brett Ratner

The producer and director (Rush Hour, X-Men: The Last Stand), was accused of sexually harassing six women, including actresses Olivia Munn and Natasha Henstridge, in a Nov. 1 report from the Los Angeles Times. In an Facebook post, Melanie Kohler claimed Ratner "was a rapist at least one night in Hollywood about 12 years ago" and that he "preyed on me as a drunk girl (and) forced himself on me." Ratner is suing Kohler for libel, and is no longer working on projects at Warner Bros.

Twiggy Ramirez

The former bassist and guitarist of the band Marilyn Manson was accused of rape Oct. 20 by Jack Off Jill singer Jessicka Addams, who shared in a Facebook post that White — whose real name is Jeordie White — physically and sexually assaulted her while they were dating. On Oct. 24, Marilyn Manson shared in a Twitter statement that he decided to “part ways with Jeordie White as a member of Marilyn Manson.”

Terry Richardson

The fashion photographer faces multiple allegations since 2010, when some models began going public, describing episodes of graphic abuse, inappropriate touching and sexual harassment during photo shoots. Condé Nast International discontinued working with Richardson Oct. 24 and banned him from future assignments. "He is an artist who has been known for his sexually explicit work so many of his professional interactions with subjects were sexual and explicit in nature but all of the subjects of his work participated consensually," said a representative for Richardson in a statement to BuzzFeed.

Charlie Rose

The longtime TV journalist was accused by eight women of sexual harassment in a report from The Washington Post. The women claim Rose made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls and walking around naked in their presence. In a separate report, three CBS employees accused Rose of harassment during his tenure. CBS fired Rose, while PBS revealed it would no longer carry his long-running interview show.

Gilbert Rozon

Comedy festival organizer Gilbert Rozon has been accused by at least nine women of sexually harassing or sexually assaulting them. Rozon stepped down as president of Montreal's renowned "Just for Laughs" festival and apologized "to all those I have offended during my life."

Chris Savino

An animator and writer best known for creating The Loud House was fired from Nickelodeon after multiple women lodged complaints against him, the network confirmed in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. On Oct. 23, Savino posted an apology to his Facebook page, writing he is "deeply sorry" that his words and actions "created an uncomfortable environment," CBS News and The Hollywood Reporter report.

Mark Schwahn

A screenwriter best known for creating the popular TV series One Tree Hill, was accused of "traumatizing" sexual harassment by 18 cast and crew members of the show, including Sophia Bush and Hilarie Burton, in a letter published in Variety on Nov. 13. The letter was penned in support of former Tree Hill writer Audrey Wauchope, who detailed in a series of tweets the treatment female crew endured on the show. In a statement carried by Variety, E!, Universal Cable Productions and Lionsgate Television said, "We are monitoring the information carefully. (We) are committed to providing a safe working environment in which everyone is treated respectfully and professionally.”

Robert Scoble

The tech consultant and blogger was accused of sexual harassment by two women. A third woman claimed Scoble verbally harassed her. On Oct 22. Scoble resigned from the business consulting firm Transformation Group. After initially apologizing for doing things "that are really, really hurtful to women," he said he's not guilty of sexual harassment because he had no power to "make or break" the careers of women who made allegations against him. “Sexual Harassment requires that I have such power,” he wrote.

Steven Seagal

The actor and producer (Under Siege, Above the Law), was accused of sexual harassment by Portia de Rossi, who claims he unzipped his pants during a private office audition. ER actress Julianna Margulies also revealed an incident she had with Seagal in an interview with SiriusXM’s Jenny Hutt on Nov. 4. She claims the producer requested to go over a scene with her in his hotel room when she was 23, and once she arrived, the female assistant who said she would be there with her was gone.

Russell Simmons

The music mogul was accused of assault by model Keri Claussen Khalighi when she was 17, according to a report in The Los Angeles Times. Khalighi claims Simmons assaulted her and coerced her to perform oral sex while director Brett Ratner — then a music video producer — was present. In a statement, Simmons said he "completely and unequivocally" denies the claims.

Tom Sizemore

The actor known for Saving Private Ryan, was accused of molesting an 11-year-old actress on the set of crime thriller Born Killers (shot as Piggy Banks) in 2003, according to a report from The Hollywood Reporterpublished Nov. 13. The child actress allegedly told her mother that Sizemore touched her genitals during a photo shoot for the film. According to THR, her parents declined to press charges and months later, Sizemore returned for reshoots in Malibu. His agent, Stephen Rice, told the industry trade paper, "Our position is 'no comment.'"

Kevin Spacey

The actor best known for his role on House of Cards and American Beauty, has been accused of sexual harassment by several people including actor Anthony Rapp, who claims he was 14 when Spacey made advances towards him in 1986. Spacey apologized to Rapp via Twitter on Oct. 30, writing, "I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years." The actor also came out as gay in the statement. Spacey plans to “seek evaluation and treatment,” the actor’s representative Staci Wolfe told USA TODAY.

Sylvester Stallone

The actor-director whose Rocky franchise saw a rebirth with 2015's Creed, is facing reports of sexual assault from the late 80s. An old police report detailed by the Daily Mail and the Baltimore Post-Examiner website indicates an unnamed teen, then 16, consented to sex with Stallone in Las Vegas in 1986. But she told police she did not consent to group sex after Stallone invited his bodyguard to join them. She said she felt intimidated into having sex with both of them. Under Nevada law, the age of consent is 16. “This is a ridiculous, categorically false story," his rep, Michelle Bega, told USA TODAY.

George Takei

The Star Trek actor and social activist was accused of sexually assaulting former model Scott R. Brunton, according to an interview published by The Hollywood Reporter on Nov. 10. Brunton alleges Takei groped him in the actor's Los Angeles condominium in 1981. Takei denied the allegations in a series of tweets on Nov. 11, writing, "The events he describes back in the 1980s simply did not occur, and I do not know why he has claimed them now."

Jeffrey Tambor

The Transparent actor was accused of engaging in inappropriate behavior by his former assistant, a transgender woman named Van Barnes, according to a Deadline report on Nov. 8. Tambor, who plays a trans woman on the hit show, rejected the claims, calling Barnes' allegations “baseless.” Tambor was also accused of sexual misconduct by Transparent star Trace Lysette in a Nov. 16 report from The Hollywood Reporter. Amazon Studios has initiated an investigation into the allegations, Amazon spokesperson Craig Berman confirmed to USA TODAY.

Glenn Thrush

Several women accused the White House reporter for The New York Times of sexually inappropriate behavior, reports Vox. The report's author, Laura McGann, claimed Thrush came on to her at a bar and she had to quickly leave. McGann said she believes he later disparaged her to their newsroom colleagues. The Times said it will suspend Thrush while it investigates the matter. "Over the past several years, I have responded to a succession of personal and health crises by drinking heavily," said Thrush in a statement to Vox. "During that period, I have done things that I am ashamed of, actions that have brought great hurt to my family and friends."

James Toback

The screenwriter and film director (The Pick-up Artist, Two Girls and a Guy), was accused of sexually harassing over 300 women, according to reports from the Los Angeles Times on Oct. 27. The Times says 31 of the women spoke on the record about their encounters with Toback, which go back decades, and more than 270 have contacted journalist Glenn Whipp with similar claims.

Bob Weinstein

The film producer and brother of Harvey Weinstein has been accused of harassing TV producer Amanda Segel. In a statement, Spike TV told the Associated Press that the network is investigating the allegations by Segel, the showrunner on its adaptation of Stephen King's The Mist. According to a story published Oct. 17 by Variety, Weinstein invited her to dinner, to his home and to a hotel room during a three-month period in the summer of 2016.

Harvey Weinstein

The film producer (Shakespeare in Love, Emma), was accused of decades of alleged sexual harassment and assault in bombshell reports from the New York Times and New Yorker in early October. The list of his accusers, which now totals 76 women, includes actresses Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Rose McGowan. In wake of the allegations, Weinstein resigned from the company board of directors on Oct. 17. He has also filed suit against the Weinstein Company in an attempt to gain access to his emails and personnel file for the purpose of defending himself, the Associated Press reports.

Matthew Weiner

The creator of hit series Mad Men was accused of sexual harassment by Mad Men staff writer Kater Gordon in an interview with The Information on Nov. 9. In the interview, she alleges Weiner told her late one night she ''owed it to him to let him see her naked." She says she didn’t report the comment officially because she was afraid of losing her job. A year after the incident, Gordon was let go from Mad Men. Weiner's spokeswoman said in a statement to The Information, "Mr. Weiner spent eight to ten hours a day writing dialogue aloud with Miss Gordon, who started on Mad Men as his writers assistant. He does not remember saying this comment nor does it reflect a comment he would say to any colleague.”

Ed Westwick

The Gossip Girl actor was accused of rape by actress Kristina Cohen, who filed a report of sexual assault with the Hollywood police station on Nov. 7, LAPD spokesman Drake Madison confirmed to USA TODAY. Cohen accused Westwick in a Facebook post Nov. 6, which claimed he raped her at his house three years ago. Westwick has denied the allegations, tweeting on Nov. 7, "I do not know this woman. I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman. I certainly have never committed rape." Westwick was also accused of unwanted advances and groping by Rachel Eck in a Buzzfeed report on Nov. 14.

Leon Wieseltier

The former New Republic editor and senior fellow at The Brookings Institution was at the center of several stories about his conduct from former female employees at the publication, reports Politico. Emerson Collective cut ties with Wieseltier, reported Politico, while The Brookings Institution suspended Wieseltier without pay, according to the Washington Post. "For my offenses against some of my colleagues in the past I offer a shaken apology and ask for their forgiveness," Wieseltier said in a statement.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uct/884778001/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Think....