Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Anyone Have An Older Computer?

And you've installed W10?

Watch out for the newest update because it will totally screw up your display. Micorsoft has decided to sneak into your graphics and if you have an older card they no longer support, the new update will delete your driver which will turn your display into a stretched out, magnified piece of trash. It hit both my towers, one with a GeForce 3000 graphics card, and the other with a Radeon 3450. I had fire blazing out of my ears and was about ready to take two computer towers to the dump, but, thankfully I have a son that works in IT who was able to figure out how to fix it.

How did he fix it you ask, what finally worked was, he went into update history and we read through the list of the most recent ones and found the one with GRAPHICS in it, then uninstalled it. Then he went online and found the driver for the Radeon 3450 graphics for W8, because there isn't one for W10, even though the old driver worked fine before but they deleted it anyway, and downloaded the W8 driver and it worked, after a restart.

Now isn't that just SHITTY of microsoft to go into your system and FUCK UP your computer that WAS WORKING FINE? I mean, I was ready to send microsoft a BILL for SCREWING UP TWO COMPUTERS that were working JUST FINE. I think that kind of stuff is out right CRIMINAL for them to do.

You can turn OFF the automatic updates, and I did on my tower in the shop, so that computers days are numbered... THANKS microsoft. I had to order a new graphics card for my in house ASUS tower, which is only about 5 or 6 years old. Hopefully I'll be able to let that computer get updates and the new graphics card will prevent any future display resolution problems... or until microsoft decides to SCREW SOMETHING ELSE UP.

Oh, one thing my son pointed out that seemed pertinent, both those computers were designed and came with W7, so if you have one that had W7 on it and you later installed W10... watch out.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-26-2017 at 07:14 AM.