Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I feel your frustration, man, I really do.

But you have to step back and take a look at things :

1) Microsoft doesn't build computers. They're not trying to break older computers to sell you one.

2) Win10 is a free OS. They're not gaining profit from normal Joes like you and me using it.

3) There's tens of thousands of defunct manufacturers that still have equipment all over the world, from whole computers to every conceivable mix of obsolete individual components. Supporting all of them is impossible.

You're in the same boat as I am with my old 2003 XP laptop that I keep around for unusual occasions - it's the equivalent of a '49 Hudson. You can't find parts for one, and there damn sure isn't any kind of support for it.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

To use a saying I really don't like, but it's appropriate, "at the end of the day," Microsoft is taking something that WORKS, and making it so that it DOESN'T work, and they are doing it INTENTIONALLY. They don't have to go in and strip old drivers that ARE working just because they don't support them. They're doing that for a reason. Like they say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," so they're breaking it, and it costs money to fix it. I guess since W10 is a free OS, that would be all the more reason to use round about ways of making up that profit loss... just periodically screw up people's computers so that they have to buy a new one, a new one of course with their OS system on it.

The whole thing stinks. It's not doing everything they can for people so that they can keep their older machines running. It is very much slowly but surely forcing people to keep buying new computers.

That's just my take on it. Greed drives just about everything nowadays. Those share holders keep demanding profits go up.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-26-2017 at 02:59 PM.