Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Yeah, Safe Mode is still there. You'll have to google what F key you need to hit (some are F2, some are F8, etc) as it's booting up to get to the selection screen... seems like every machine is different.

Another method (while in Safe Mode) I would have tried would have been to go to Control Panel and have your machine scan for the updated driver on that vid card, and if it didn't recognize by itself that it needed the Radeon driver, uninstall it to prompt the redownload. Sometimes a reboot is needed to kickstart that process.

BTW, did you attempt to change video settings with the Win10 driver? That would have been the first thing I would have tried. Sometimes they're not very self aware and need to be tweaked.
    I did try and scan for the driver, but the thing is, there isn't one. I googled it and found on a windows forum that W10 no longer supports that graphics card, and the latest update does uninstall the driver so you're computer is using the generic W10 video, and that's what screws up your display. You can shrink your screen by percentage with the generic driver, but it's still stretched out left to right, all your icons will be oval, not round.

This was purely a case of Microsoft taking something that was working, and since they don't support it anymore, they DELETED it even though it was working, and I think that's about as shitty as you can get. That's forced obsolescence, so those not smart enough to know how to fix it are forced to go out and buy a new machine.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 11-26-2017 at 01:15 PM.