Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default ‘TIME’ 2017 Person of the Year List Includes Colin Kaepernick

My first thought is - WTF? And WHY? He really didn't do anything, other than sit or kneel. He may have had intentions of drawing attention to an issue or cause, but really all he did was disrespect our national anthem and national flag - to get the attention he wanted. He used and abused a few of the most cherished traditions in our country. And IMO, failed in getting the message across.

In fairness, this list also includes Donald Trump on that list, so it should equally piss off enough people to do what they want - garner attention. I don't think they really give a shit about the award.

---

‘TIME’ 2017 Person of the Year List Includes Colin Kaepernick

Nowadays, it’s harder to find an award that Colin Kaepernick is not being considered for, as opposed to finding those that he is being considered for.

Ironically, the award Kaepernick finds himself on the shortlist for now, includes the man who has blasted him and the movement he began.

TIME magazine has released their shortlist for their Person of the Year award, that list includes President Trump, and Colin Kaepernick.

Here is the full list:

According to Fox News, “Many of the names listed on the shortlist have been surrounded by controversy this year. Kaepernick was the topic of discussion after the NFL anthem kneeling controversy escalated when the president chimed in. The #MeToo movement gained traction after a slew of prominent Hollywood figures were accused of sexual misconduct.

“Speculation over who will be granted the title began in late November after Trump tweeted he ‘took a pass’ on being ‘Man (person) of the Year’ because the magazine wanted a photoshoot and interview.”

Kaepernick accepted the East Monroe Courageous Advocate Award during the ACLU’s annual Bill of Rights Dinner in Beverly Hills, on Sunday night.

Since walking away from the league, Kaepernick has racked-up quite the array of rewards. GQ named Kaepernick its “Citizen of the Year” in November. Just last week, SI bestowed its Muhammad Ali Legacy Award for remaining “steadfast in his fight for social justice and committed to his beliefs no matter the cost.”

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...in-kaepernick/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When I first saw this post I thought to myself, "I bet Kim Jong Un is in the list too." Opened the thread and there he is. The leftist media is absolutely bonkers.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F Buckley, Jr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm surprised SATAN wasn't on their list.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Hitler and Stalin have each won the award.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I'm surprised SATAN wasn't on their list.
    Ask the women on 'The View' and I'm confident they will tell you that he is on the list aka Trump.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BoogyMan View Post
    When I first saw this post I thought to myself, "I bet Kim Jong Un is in the list too." Opened the thread and there he is.
    To be fair, they have often put disliked but very influential people on: Hitler was one such.

If they put on Trump, a lot of people will be very upset. Kim Jong-Un is a viable candidate from that point of view; and maybe they ought to hit Kim BEFORE he starts nuking us.

I am assuming war with NK next year, but I shouldn't predict.

Hillary? As a sort of consolation prize, like when she got the cover of Vanity Fair?

Seriously, it has to be Trump, though.