Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default New Forum - "Safe Space"

I'm thinking of a new forum here. We have the lounge, which is for just daily chat of whatever, to get away from politics. We of course have our "Steel Cage", which is where threads/posts go that have run their course and have turned into pure fighting. Members can also start threads in that forum intended to fight with another member.

This new forum, "Safe Space", will be a place that our members can go to, to be guaranteed to be safe from trolling, from name calling and from anything that generally may make you feel less than shiny and new that day.

In this forum, everyone MUST be nice to you, or they cannot post in that forum or reply to anything you post. If anyone calls names or starts fights while you are there to get away from it all for awhile, they will be banned instantly on the spot. This forum is intended to make people feel all warm and fuzzy inside, not to feel attacked.

In this forum, you will be welcomed with open arms and no more than a loving response from your friends.

Yeah, and then you woke up the next day and unicorns started flying out your ears and ass, and Obama is back to being president, and the queer folks of the world now run our military.

I probably should start a safe space kind of forum, guaranteed to be all jolly and sunshine. I would imagine it would attract nothing but lovely folks!!

Anyway...

--

Safe Spaces Are an Answer to the Ever-More-Hostile Internet

If Facebook, YouTube and Twitter won’t police online content, there are new services and apps to do it

America is finally waking up to the fact that the internet is an increasingly hostile and unsafe place to do business, hang out or share with friends.

The epicenter of the problem tends to be at social media networks—specifically Twitter , TWTR -0.75% YouTube and Facebook —where Russian bots, fake news, creepy ad tracking, political polarization, sketchy videos and oh so many internet trolls can be found. While the ad revenue is still pouring in, it’s no wonder people are limiting what they share and how they interact online.

Evan Spiegel, chief executive of Snap Inc., creator of Snapchat, articulated it well—if self-servingly—this week in a post: “The combination of social and media has yielded incredible business results, but has ultimately undermined our relationships with our friends and our relationships with the media.” Mr. Spiegel unveiled a redesign of Snapchat that separates professional content from personal sharing.

A new breed of apps and services takes this to heart. Having learned from the tech giants’ mistakes, they are emerging as islands in the internet storm—I call them “safe spaces.” They filter content without asking for personal data and without lulling us into the cycle of mindless engagement that mostly rewards advertisers. Smaller in scope, they are teams of people assisted by algorithms—not the other way around.

Rest - https://www.wsj.com/articles/safe-sp...net-1512306001
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Black Diamond, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Black Diamond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Good stuff...

The only real safe space that exists anywhere today is...From
    'here.........to here.'
    Unless you are deaf, blind, and unconscious. Which is really, really safe.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I just read this article on the Wall Street Journal and posted some three posts to the WSJ comments section!

I was not happy that the writer chose all leftist safe space efforts, or childsafe sites. Seems to me the viciousness we see, the Twitter mobs and so on, are all leftwing. I'd love a safe site ---- for conservatives.

The worst idea was the "filter bubble" that prevents people from piping ideas and sources they like so they have to read leftist propaganda mixed in ---- Cass Sunstein wrote one of his leftwing books promoting that. And Google News does seem to have taken off personalization that allowed me to filter out grossly anti-Trump sites like the Washington Post. So I don't use it any more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would like a corner room, please......preferably with a balcony......
    ...full immersion.....

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I probably have a few THOUSAND people blocked on twitter by now. When some leftist ass clown makes a smartass comment, I just report it and block them, period. If you try and respond in kind on twitter the democrat moderation there will let the initial leftist trash talk skate, but as soon as they see you're a conservative, your account gets locked down. So... just block the radical element every time you encounter them. You won't change their minds anyway.

8. Likes mundame liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

"You can run....but you cant hide....I will find you ...haunt YOU snowFlake"!!

10. Thanks Black Diamond, aboutime thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

You go right ahead and make a "safe space" forum. I ain't enough sh*t to ridicule And I won't mess up the cream puff form. Heaven forbid. But I don't see where it says I can't start my own little thread in the cage dedicated to ridiculing the runny noses.

Besides, who on this board would use it? Well, besides you @jimnyc?

I have to wonder what has become of the people in this country. THIS is about free speech, or the lack thereof. I noticed message boards going that way several years ago and it's when I basically quit trying to participate on any of them. Everyone wants a personal sounding board, without consequence for their words. So left wing. They've taken it to a newer level by actually admitting they believe in denying free speech to "certain people". Yeah, anyone disagreeing with them.

What was one of the FIRST things Hitler did? Took over the media where he could and shut down the rest. Only opinion anyone was allowed was his. Next we'll be having a national book burning. The left already controls the PC shit they teach in our public schools now.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Likes mundame liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    You go right ahead and make a "safe space" forum. I ain't enough sh*t to ridicule And I won't mess up the cream puff form. Heaven forbid. But I don't see where it says I can't start my own little thread in the cage dedicated to ridiculing the runny noses.

I have to wonder what has become of the people in this country. THIS is about free speech, or the lack thereof. I noticed message boards going that way several years ago and it's when I basically quit trying to participate on any of them. Everyone wants a personal sounding board, without consequence for their words. So left wing. They've taken it to a newer level by actually admitting they believe in denying free speech to "certain people". Yeah, anyone disagreeing with them.

What was one of the FIRST things Hitler did? Took over the media where he could and shut down the rest. Only opinion anyone was allowed was his. Next we'll be having a national book burning. The left already controls the PC shit they teach in our public schools now.
    Not sure we have a lot of time left.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I'd love nothing more than to beat you down into submission, like an old WWF star!! Then make you limp into the safe space forum, drooling and begging for niceties and friendly people.

“You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

TeufelHund

17. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Gunny is right, other boards do have them, forums where everybody has to play NICIE, NICIE... can't hurt anyone's feelings.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-05-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Gunny is right, other boards do have them, forums where everybody has to play NICIE, NICIE... can't hurt anyone's feelings.
    I saw it at a few of them, that's crazy. I can understand the cage type places, places that folks can take threads/opinions that others don't want to deal with. But "safe" threads/forums? Folks seriously can't even handle the toughness of the internet? Oh boy.

20. Thanks Black Diamond, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I saw it at a few of them, that's crazy. I can understand the cage type places, places that folks can take threads/opinions that others don't want to deal with. But "safe" threads/forums? Folks seriously can't even handle the toughness of the internet? Oh boy.
    "Thin skin," or maybe closer to the truth, "likes to dish it out but can't take it."

That's what public schools are churning out nowadays... cry babies.

22. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    "Thin skin," or maybe closer to the truth, "likes to dish it out but can't take it."

That's what public schools are churning out nowadays... cry babies.
    And maybe colleges too.