Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Conyers - GONE

Adios!

--

Rep. John Conyers announces retirement, endorses son to run for seat

Embattled Rep. John Conyers, D-Michigan has announced that he will be retiring and will not be seeking re-election in 2018. He has also endorsed his son, John Conyers III to run for his seat.

"My legacy can't be compromised or diminished in any way by what we're going through now. This too shall pass," said Conyers on a local Michigan radio station Tuesday morning.

He added, "I want you to know that my legacy will continue through my children. I have a great family here and especially in my oldest boy, John Conyers III who incidentally I endorsed to replace me in my seat in congress."

The news comes after Conyers' great-nephew, 29-year old Michigan state Senator Ian Conyers, told CBS News' Jonathan Blakley he would be running for the elder Conyers' seat.

According to a phone interview with the New York Times, the state senator was adamant that the elder Conyers was not resigning, but retiring instead. The 88-year-old Democrat is the longest-serving current House member.

"His doctor advised him that the rigor of another campaign would be too much for him just in terms of his health," Ian Conyers told the Times.

He added that he believed his great-uncle's constituents in Michigan would continue to support him and the rest of the family "as we continue to fight, as we have for lead up to a century."

Rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rep-joh...-run-for-seat/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Adios!

--

Rep. John Conyers announces retirement, endorses son to run for seat

Embattled Rep. John Conyers, D-Michigan has announced that he will be retiring and will not be seeking re-election in 2018. He has also endorsed his son, John Conyers III to run for his seat.

"My legacy can't be compromised or diminished in any way by what we're going through now. This too shall pass," said Conyers on a local Michigan radio station Tuesday morning.

He added, "I want you to know that my legacy will continue through my children. I have a great family here and especially in my oldest boy, John Conyers III who incidentally I endorsed to replace me in my seat in congress."

The news comes after Conyers' great-nephew, 29-year old Michigan state Senator Ian Conyers, told CBS News' Jonathan Blakley he would be running for the elder Conyers' seat.

According to a phone interview with the New York Times, the state senator was adamant that the elder Conyers was not resigning, but retiring instead. The 88-year-old Democrat is the longest-serving current House member.

"His doctor advised him that the rigor of another campaign would be too much for him just in terms of his health," Ian Conyers told the Times.

He added that he believed his great-uncle's constituents in Michigan would continue to support him and the rest of the family "as we continue to fight, as we have for lead up to a century."

Rest - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rep-joh...-run-for-seat/
    This old bastard should resign TODAY and just say no to legacy Congressional seats.

3. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

He did resign today. He said, today, that he is resigning as of now. He is promoting his son to run, and his nephew wants to run also. Keeping it in the family.

I don't see how this, this witch-hunt, this mass hysteria, can go on much longer. If women want to get their kicks in, I'd say don't delay: this is out of control and it can't go on forever.

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundame View Post
    He did resign today. He said, today, that he is resigning as of now. He is promoting his son to run, and his nephew wants to run also. Keeping it in the family.

I don't see how this, this witch-hunt, this mass hysteria, can go on much longer. If women want to get their kicks in, I'd say don't delay: this is out of control and it can't go on forever.
    Conyers is a POS. Very likely that the same fools that kept infecting the government with that corrupt maggot will chose to vote in one of his relatives too, IMHO.
    AND THE APPLE FALLS NOT FAR FROM THE TREE. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

7. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Forgive my lack of knowledge of the laws in Michigan, but doesn't the Governor have the duty to appoint a temporary replacement?

And since the Gov. is an (R), wouldn't it follow that the temporary "seat warmer" be one also?

It should be interesting
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bilgerat View Post
    Forgive my lack of knowledge of the laws in Michigan, but doesn't the Governor have the duty to appoint a temporary replacement?

And since the Gov. is an (R), wouldn't it follow that the temporary "seat warmer" be one also?

It should be interesting
    Yeah I think conyers has endorsed his son, not placed him in power. Let's see what happens.

10. Thanks Bilgerat thanked this post
    Likes Bilgerat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Maybe people should stop idolizing MLK too... the truth be known...

https://www.martinlutherking.org/thebeast.html

FBI: King Bought Sex With SCLC Money

The Federal Bureau of Investigation had for many years been aware of Stanley Levison's Communist activities. It was Levison's close association with King that brought about the initial FBI interest in King.

Lest you be tempted to believe the controlled media's lie about "racists" in the FBI being out to "get" King, you should be aware that the man most responsible for the FBI's probe of King was Assistant Director William C. Sullivan. Sullivan describes himself as a liberal, and says that initially "I was one hundred per cent for King...because I saw him as an effective and badly needed leader for the Black people in their desire for civil rights." The probe of King not only confirmed their suspicions about King's Communist beliefs and associations, but it also revealed King to be a despicable hypocrite, an immoral degenerate, and a worthless charlatan.

According to Assistant Director Sullivan, who had direct access to the surveillance files on King which are denied the American people, King had embezzled or misapplied substantial amounts of money contributed to the "civil rights" movement. King used SCLC funds to pay for liquor, and numerous prostitutes both Black and White, who were brought to his hotel rooms, often two at a time, for drunken sex parties which sometimes lasted for several days. These types of activities were the norm for King's speaking and organizing tours.

In fact, an outfit called The National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, Tennessee, which is putting on display the two bedrooms from the Lorraine Motel where King stayed the night before he was shot, has declined to depict in any way the "occupants - -of those rooms. That "according to exhibit designer Gerard Eisterhold "would be "close to blasphemy." The reason? Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. spent his last night on Earth having sex with two women at the motel and physically beating and abusing a third.

Sullivan also stated that King had alienated the affections of numerous married women. According to Sullivan, who in 30 years with the Bureau hadáseen everything there was to be seen of the seamy side of life, King was one of only seven people he had ever encountered who was such a total degenerate.

12. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Yeah I think conyers has endorsed his son, not placed him in power. Let's see what happens.

I predict we'll hear that cries of that being the "Conyers seat" Much like the cries after Scott Brown's election to the Senate.
    Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Maybe people should stop idolizing MLK too... the truth be known...

https://www.martinlutherking.org/thebeast.html

FBI: King Bought Sex With SCLC Money

The Federal Bureau of Investigation had for many years been aware of Stanley Levison's Communist activities. It was Levison's close association with King that brought about the initial FBI interest in King.

Lest you be tempted to believe the controlled media's lie about "racists" in the FBI being out to "get" King, you should be aware that the man most responsible for the FBI's probe of King was Assistant Director William C. Sullivan. Sullivan describes himself as a liberal, and says that initially "I was one hundred per cent for King...because I saw him as an effective and badly needed leader for the Black people in their desire for civil rights." The probe of King not only confirmed their suspicions about King's Communist beliefs and associations, but it also revealed King to be a despicable hypocrite, an immoral degenerate, and a worthless charlatan.

According to Assistant Director Sullivan, who had direct access to the surveillance files on King which are denied the American people, King had embezzled or misapplied substantial amounts of money contributed to the "civil rights" movement. King used SCLC funds to pay for liquor, and numerous prostitutes both Black and White, who were brought to his hotel rooms, often two at a time, for drunken sex parties which sometimes lasted for several days. These types of activities were the norm for King's speaking and organizing tours.

In fact, an outfit called The National Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, Tennessee, which is putting on display the two bedrooms from the Lorraine Motel where King stayed the night before he was shot, has declined to depict in any way the "occupants - -of those rooms. That "according to exhibit designer Gerard Eisterhold "would be "close to blasphemy." The reason? Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. spent his last night on Earth having sex with two women at the motel and physically beating and abusing a third.

Sullivan also stated that King had alienated the affections of numerous married women. According to Sullivan, who in 30 years with the Bureau hadáseen everything there was to be seen of the seamy side of life, King was one of only seven people he had ever encountered who was such a total degenerate.
    I've said this before. If we are going to put qualifiers on monuments or even tear them down, Kings hypocrisy should not be off limits to discussion.

15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    I've said this before. If we are going to put qualifiers on monuments or even tear them down, Kings hypocrisy should not be off limits to discussion.
    Damn straight, pard... but... we all have to adhere to the notion that ONLY WHITES can be RACIST... according to the two faced, double standard loving hypocrit democrats.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-06-2017 at 02:07 PM.

17. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I'd heard those rumors of REVEREND MLK's infidelity for years. Changed my entire view of him.
    But beating women was news to me. Shame!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

And here's the Conyers follow up hopeful...

John Conyers III arrested but not prosecuted in domestic abuse case.

http://https://www.nbcnews.com/news/...ecuted-n827151

I'll tell ya, the dems sure have a prime bunch of upstanding citizens in their midst ready to assume power.

20. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post