Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Tidalgate: Climate Alarmists Caught Faking Sea Level Rise

This is why it's difficult for even the non-believers to ever believe anything. Because even when the remotest of things start to maye make on think - the scientists get caught cheating AGAIN!!!!

---

Tidalgate: Climate Alarmists Caught Faking Sea Level Rise

Alarmist scientists have been caught red-handed tampering with raw data in order to exaggerate sea level rise.

The raw (unadjusted) data from three Indian Ocean gauges – Aden, Karachi and Mumbai – showed that local sea level trends in the last 140 years had been very gently rising, neutral or negative (ie sea levels had fallen).

But after the evidence had been adjusted by tidal records gatekeepers at the global databank Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL) it suddenly showed a sharp and dramatic rise.

The whistle was blown by two Australian scientists Dr. Albert Parker and Dr. Clifford Ollier in a paper for Earth Systems and Environment.

The paper – Is the Sea Level Stable at Aden, Yemen? – examines the discrepancies between raw and adjusted sea level data in Aden, Karachi and Mumbai.

Kenneth Richard at No Tricks Zone reports:

The authors expose how PSMSL data-adjusters make it appear that stable sea levels can be rendered to look like they are nonetheless rising at an accelerated pace.

The data-adjusters take misaligned and incomplete sea level data from tide gauges that show no sea level rise (or even a falling trend). Then, they subjectively and arbitrarily cobble them together, or realign them. In each case assessed, PSMSL data-adjusters lower the earlier misaligned rates and raise the more recent measurements. By doing so, they concoct a new linearly-rising trend.
    Here is a before/after from Karachi:

The authors do not mince their words. They refer to these adjustments as “highly questionable” and “suspicious.”

That’s because they can find no plausible scientific explanation for the adjustments.

As they explain at the beginning of their paper, it is hard to put together consistent sea level records covering a long time period. This is because tide gauges are often the result of multiple sets of data, taken over different time periods using different instruments, which are then spliced together.

Rest - http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ea-level-rise/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Peer review. It works. Good on them.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

100 years from now people will shake their heads and chuckle about the millions of idiots running around today claiming that the world is doomed.

It would be interesting to see how many trillions were wasted on bogus studies calling for more studies that called for more studies - at the taxpayer's expense, of course.

The power of groupthink on simple minds is amazing.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

4. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default No surprise for where I live today..

Politicians (nearly all Democrat/Al Gore Lovers) around here in the Hampton Roads, Norfolk, Virginia Beach area have been trying to spend Millions of Federal dollars to INVESTIGATE the tiny increases in Atlantic Ocean levels...when storms and high winds hit the area.
    The original politicians from before the 1940's built up the area at SEA LEVEL, and today, they wonder why streets flood at High Tides during hurricane season, and NorEaster's.
    Worst part is....there are so many Dependent Democrat Idiots (not in the military) around here who GET Welfare, Food Stamps, WIC, and every other Fed/State Handout...they haven't got the brains God gave to FLEA'S. So, they suck up the Lies.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    100 years from now people will shake their heads and chuckle about the millions of idiots running around today claiming that the world is doomed.

It would be interesting to see how many trillions were wasted on bogus studies calling for more studies that called for more studies - at the taxpayer's expense, of course.

The power of groupthink on simple minds is amazing.
    If you think science is rubbish, do back to living in a cave. There are junk studies in every category of science. Yet, it still advances. huh.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    If you think science is rubbish, do back to living in a cave. There are junk studies in every category of science. Yet, it still advances. huh.
    .....what kind of "science" ya talkin about......Paid... foaming at the mouth..agenda driven Liberal shills calling themselves scientist....and then have Lying CNN post the story as fact?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    .....what kind of "science" ya talkin about......Paid... foaming at the mouth..agenda driven Liberal shills calling themselves scientist....and then have Lying CNN post the story as fact?
    Pete will repost the cnn stories.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Pete will repost the cnn stories.

Pay attention....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

I use science all day every day building state of the art communication networks in unbelievably harsh arctic conditions. Don't talk to me about embracing science, you little twerp.

I don't have patience for simpletons embracing junk science, something you do wholeheartedly with your love of the man-made global warming myth despite a mountain of evidence of bogus studies corrupted by those feeding off the government teat to continue their parasitic existence.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Peer review. It works. Good on them.
    Yes, as in peers reviewed it, and found out they lied, cheated and misrepresented their work. Good on them for getting caught doing so, like so many others before them.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

They lied and faked their work. In the end, their work is what? ===== RUBBISH as in WORSE than useless.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    They lied and faked their work. In the end, their work is what? ===== RUBBISH as in WORSE than useless.
    Yes and as I said it happens in every category of science. Reporting false studies in quantum mechanics just doesn't fit into your agenda.
    Last edited by pete311; 12-08-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yes and as I said it happens in every category of science. Reporting false studies in quantum mechanics just doesn't fit into your agenda.
    Hell, I don't have an agenda. I just like to read and learn, and how what I'm reading is facts and the truth. Climate science has grown hugely in the past 20 years or so. Folks want to know what is going on, is there "really" the end of the world down the line, some sort of climate change that will overflow our waters, make icebergs disappear, certain wildlife's go die out and go extinct....

But lying doesn't help advance. And perhaps it does happen in other categories, but you have a habit of bringing in other topics/posts or whatever where they don't belong. We're talking about climate change here. And in the past year alone, a lot of "fake" and made up crap has made its way across the articles and learning for me.

For me, it's just a learning experience. But truthfully, I'm not sure I really believe much of it. I DO believe that of course there are climate changes occurring. But at this point, I'm of the belief that it's normal, cyclical, changes that seem to have been happening since the beginning of time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'm of the belief that it's normal, cyclical, changes that seem to have been happening since the beginning of time.
    This is important. What makes you believe that human activity can't affect global temperatures? Is it simply a gut feeling? Is that a rational stance rational?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

This is important. What makes you believe that human activity can't affect global temperatures? Is it simply a gut feeling? Is that a rational stance rational?
    Oh, I'm not saying that it "can't". I really don't know, way too little data and way too little time to make those statements, for me anyway.

But COULD IT? I don't know. The earth, the universe, is an awfully large place out there. While the gut feeling is there of course, but then there is lack of data for me, or at least data that drops me off my chair.