Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reedak View Post
    If a practical solution ever exists, a smart aleck like you won't be so generous as to give others the honour of proposing a solution on his lawn.

In response to your persistent demand for a proposed solution, I have posted a political satire to prove that there is no practical solution by the US to denuclearize North Korea.

1. In my story, the woodcutter's tribal leader tried to get his two counterparts to get rid of all the cesspools in the buffer zone. This is akin to the US asking Russia and China to send in armies into North Korea from the north to dismantle North Korea's nuclear arsenal while the US attacks the rogue state from the south. This is reminiscent of the US-Soviet alliance against Nazi Germany and the US-Sino alliance against Japan during World War II. However, such an alliance against North Korea is practically impossible because of "distrust, self-interest and hostility between the two opposing sides" as pointed out by the priest in the story. It could become a reality if North Korea attacks China and Russia with nuclear missiles one day. (Please refer to the woodcutter's comment: "The problem may be resolved one day when the tribal leaders on the other side wake up to the reality of toxic fumes from the cesspools invading their homes and killing their people." The priest responded sarcastically: "Well, your people have to wait patiently for the arrival of that fine day.")

2. In the story, the woodcutter's tribal leader had also asked the other side to cover all the cesspools, but his two counterparts are not very keen on the idea. This is akin to Trump pressuring China and Russia to implement sanctions on North Korea but the two countries are not enthusiastic to do so.

In the story, the other two tribal leaders pledged measures in fight for clean air but they still kept a number of cesspools open for "the big business" of their people. Similarly, although China and Russia pledge to implement sanctions on North Korea, they have not sever all economic ties with the rogue state. Using an analogy, after cutting off nine lifelines, they leave one lifeline intact for the drowning fat boy.

Anyway, I think the US is going in the right direction in applying sanctions on North Korea. There are signs that the rogue state is buckling under the pressure of sanctions. Hence the US must keep up the intense pressure on the rogue state, and if necessary, enforcing a naval blockade too.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthre...e-Mountain-(9)
    First off, I am NOT being a smart alleck. And contrary to your assumption, that is EXACTLY what I allowed my Marines to do. I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't practice. That does NOT mean I'm going to use your idea, it means I am going to consider its possibilities. And it teaches Marines to think on their own. If I get taken out, my SGT has to step up and complete the mission. Can't do it if he doesn't know how.

So, you believe the sanctions are working and keeping up the pressure will end well. Possibly. Now, play risk-taker. Where is the fat boy's "out"? He's got to save face or he seems willing to take everyone and everything down the drain with him and will pull the plug himself. This is about his delusional view of himself and his importance in world affairs.

China and Russia are going to ride the fence as long as they can. They can't openly take our side because of perception. They don't want to lose face either.'

So ... how do you get 4 massive ego's to not cause the obliteration of the planet? Because EGO is ALL this boils down to. The "problem child" is the fat boy. What makes him stop? Give in and he wins, AND the left wins here at home because they'll use throw that in Trump's face every time they can, never remembering that it is THEIR policies that have led to this point.

The correct and easiest and best for all concerned answer is China pulls his plug. The question becomes how to get China to do that.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    First off, I am NOT being a smart alleck. And contrary to your assumption, that is EXACTLY what I allowed my Marines to do. I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't practice. That does NOT mean I'm going to use your idea, it means I am going to consider its possibilities. And it teaches Marines to think on their own. If I get taken out, my SGT has to step up and complete the mission. Can't do it if he doesn't know how.

So, you believe the sanctions are working and keeping up the pressure will end well. Possibly. Now, play risk-taker. Where is the fat boy's "out"? He's got to save face or he seems willing to take everyone and everything down the drain with him and will pull the plug himself. This is about his delusional view of himself and his importance in world affairs.

China and Russia are going to ride the fence as long as they can. They can't openly take our side because of perception. They don't want to lose face either.'

So ... how do you get 4 massive ego's to not cause the obliteration of the planet? Because EGO is ALL this boils down to. The "problem child" is the fat boy. What makes him stop? Give in and he wins, AND the left wins here at home because they'll use throw that in Trump's face every time they can, never remembering that it is THEIR policies that have led to this point.

The correct and easiest and best for all concerned answer is China pulls his plug. The question becomes how to get China to do that.
    Trade war.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Trade war.
    I don't think in this case that is the answer. Now DO remember I AM a Gunny, but I think diplomacy with China would be a better answer. Creating Kim Dum Fuk's twin is not in our best interest.

Problem there is the ONLY thing I can think of we have to trade is our protection of Taiwan, and our presence in the Far East. Guess we could promise to pay back the money Obama borrowed from them ....
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I don't think in this case that is the answer. Now DO remember I AM a Gunny, but I think diplomacy with China would be a better answer. Creating Kim Dum Fuk's twin is not in our best interest.

Problem there is the ONLY thing I can think of we have to trade is our protection of Taiwan, and our presence in the Far East. Guess we could promise to pay back the money Obama borrowed from them ....
    The thing is, China's economy depends a whole lot more an America than America depends on China's.

Trump has a "Trump card" to play there. I don't know how many times I've read that China's economy is teetering on the brink. Threatening a nice stiff tariff on their garbage shipped to America could be all it takes. Surely we don't want to alienate China, but what's worse? WWIII or a couple tough years while China decides NOKO isn't worth losing it's most preferred trading status with America?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 12-17-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    The thing is, China's economy depends a whole lot more an America than America depends on China's.

Trump has a "Trump card" to play there. I don't know how many times I've read that China's economy is teetering on the brink. Threatening a nice stiff tariff on their garbage shipped to America could be all it takes.
    I'm not sure that has sunk in. China DOES have a vested interest in the health of the US economy. We makee no wan, we payee no wan.

That however would be a rather hard line to take and would hurt us and probably most of the world as badly as China. I would just ask what they want to make the fat guy shut up and go away. That alone has its risks, giving China a feeling of superiority. But it doesn't hurt to try.

And just to throw a wrench into the works, I suspect NKorea is dealing with Iran. Then what?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm not sure that has sunk in. China DOES have a vested interest in the health of the US economy. We makee no wan, we payee no wan.

That however would be a rather hard line to take and would hurt us and probably most of the world as badly as China. I would just ask what they want to make the fat guy shut up and go away. That alone has its risks, giving China a feeling of superiority. But it doesn't hurt to try.

And just to throw a wrench into the works, I suspect NKorea is dealing with Iran. Then what?
    I think if either one of us knew what the TSA or CIA knows about China, we'd both have a better solution...

Who knows... China and Russia both know that fat little inbred mouth breathing tard is a pain in America's ass, so they're not going to be chomping at the bit to do anything about him, we know that, so we have find an angle, and damn if I know what that is, other than if that little fucker starts a massive war, there goes their economies and good times too, because if we're hurtin', they're going to hurt to. So what's it going to be, get rid of the pie faced punk and continue to have good trade, or everybody suffer. Seems like a no brainer to me.