Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Graham: Time to shut down this Russia probe

Shut it down and chaos would ensue. This needs to finish the course, but it needs to be legit.

---

Graham: Time to shut down this Russia probe

Biased investigators stack deck against president

Imagine the NFL stripping Tom Brady and the Patriots of their Super Bowl XLIX rings over #DeflateGate — but without any evidence of a deflated ball, and the officials making the call are all lifetime season-ticket fans of the Seahawks.

That, in a nutshell, is what is happening right now with the FBI, the Justice Department and the Russia investigation — only worse.

I’m not a conspiracy- theory guy by nature. Oswald shot JFK, 9/11 was not an inside job, and George Soros didn’t steal the Alabama election from Roy Moore. Moore lost because he’s a girl-groping loony.

But just because you’re not paranoid doesn’t mean someone’s not out to get you, either. And you don’t have to have a basement full of Alex-Jones-approved freeze-dried survival rations to see the conspiracy targeting President Trump.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller, a team of prosecutors and FBI agents are supposed to be investigating possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. And investigating a conspiracy allegation like this isn’t like investigating a murder, where you have a dead body and forensic evidence. This is one of those crimes where the intent is part of the criminality: Did Russia just hack the Democratic National Committee to spread chaos, or were they teamed up with the Trump campaign?

In short, judgment matters.

So why the heck would one of the lead investigators be a guy like Peter Strzok — who had let two key Hillary Clinton aides walk after they lied to him and his fellow FBI agents investigating Clinton’s use of a private email server. Keep in mind that Mueller is now prosecuting Trump’s pal Mike Flynn for — you guessed it — lying to the FBI.

Strzok — who was bounced by Mueller from the Russia investigation last summer — hated Trump, and he hated him on the record.

He and his girlfriend, FBI lawyer Lisa Page, texted each other that “Trump should go F himself” and “F Trump.”

“ ... (T)here’s no way [Trump] gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” Strzok wrote during the 2016 campaign.

And that’s not all. Fox News has reported that a Department of Justice official, Bruce Ohr, was demoted last week after it was revealed he had met privately in 2016 with Fusion GPS, the oppo research firm Democrats hired to create the now-largely-debunked “Russia dossier.”

And it turns out Ohr’s wife … worked for Fusion GPS. Doing oppo research on Trump.

One of Mueller’s lead investigators attended what was supposed to be Hillary’s victory party on election night. One sent what GOP congressman and former prosecutor Trey Gowdy called “a fawning, obsequious email to a fact witness” in the investigation.

And if that’s not enough, at least nine of the 16 lawyers on Mueller’s team have donated to Democratic presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. The number who donated to McCain, Romney or Trump?

Zero.

Rest - http://www.bostonherald.com/opinion/...s_russia_probe
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Senator Graham is a very interesting guy. Despite frequent quarrels with Trump, they play golf together.

I have always liked Graham. He only lasted about 15 minutes in the presidential primaries, but I wouldn't mind if he were prez. He has a record I like. And I think he's a LOT more pro-Trump than is easy to tell --- this would be an example of that, close down the Mueller investigation.