Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default The 10 WORST Christmas Songs of All Time

I think some of them may have made the list simply because of being overplayed, not necessarily because they are bad songs, IMO. Anything with Justin Bieber on it, of course gets tossed. And then remakes. Little Drummer Boy is one of the best Christmas songs ever, and then they let that little shit Bieber remake it?

---

The 10 WORST Christmas Songs of All Time

Undoubtedly, your Pandora and Spotify have been set to the Christmas music station since the day after Thanksgiving. During the last couple of weeks, you were most likely reminded of which songs make your heart melt and get you excited for the season. You also likely quickly remembered that you'd rather stick pine needles from your Christmas tree into your fingernails than listen to them one. more. time. It's ok — what you're experiencing is normal. It's the Christmas music overload, and it's happening everywhere.

While some of the classics can keep a smile on our faces as they play day in and day out, others seem to cause a very physical reaction when they start jingling away on our radios. Chances are, the Christmas songs that you've grown to hate over the years are the very same ones that everyone hates. So in the spirit of togetherness this season, let's recap the worst/most annoying/creepiest Christmas songs ever.

10. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" — Mariah Carey and Justin Bieber

Mariah Carey has had so many hits over the course of her career, so she was bound to have a clunker at some point. At first, this one isn't so terrible — it's no worse than the diva's other Christmas songs. But then Bieber has to go and ruin everything. Worse than listening to the song is having to sit through the video.

9. "The Little Drummer Boy" — Justin Bieber and Busta Rhymes

First of all, this is such an odd pair. Secondly, listening to the Biebs "boy band" this song up is enough to make anyone want to bang that drummer boy's drum with their own forehead. The whole time I listened to this, all I wanted was for David Bowie and Bing Crosby to make everything better with their "Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy" duet. Save us, Starman, from Beliebing in this awfulness.

8. "Santa Baby" — Madonna

Please, someone, stop her from putting on that pouty, nasal-y voice. Also, have you ever really listened to the words of this song? She sure does ask for a lot from the old man, doesn't she? "There's one thing I really do need, the deed / To a platinum mine." Really? Seems excessive. How about a nice sweater or maybe a monogrammed mug instead?

7. "Please, Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas)" — John Denver

I didn't even know that this song existed before this year. And now I wish I never knew.

6. "Silent Night" — David Hasselhoff

I always found this song to be a bit of a downer. Not the lyrics so much as how it kind of just draaaaaags on and on and on. When you're listening to a great Christmas mix, you start to bop and sing, and then "Silent Night" comes on and it's a huge buzzkill. Add Hasselhoff on top of that and you've got yourself a real whammy.

5. "Do They Know It's Christmas?" — Band Aid

Yes, this song had the very best of intentions. It was recorded to help with anti-famine efforts in Ethiopia. But the lyrics are just so awful. "At Christmas time, it's hard, but while you're having fun/There's a world outside your window, and it's a world of dread and fear/Where a kiss of love can kill you, and there's death in every tear." Let's hear it for uplifting Christmas music!

4. "Wonderful Christmastime" — Paul McCartney

It feels dirty to even include Sir Paul McCartney on this list, but he completely missed the mark here. For such an incredible musician, he went a little nuts with the keyboard sounds that plague this song. It's pretty annoying from start to finish.

3. "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" — Elmo & Patsy

I always thought this was kind of fun, but just this week it came on the radio while I was driving around with my 3-year-old. As I was singing the lyrics, I kept cringing. How awful a scenario — and one that I kind of don't want my toddler to sing while he's learning about the true meaning of Christmas... And, by the way, how great that grandpa is handling the death of his wife so well by watching football, drinking beer, and playing cards.

2. "12 Days of Christmas" — Anyone!

This one needs to go. It seems endless while it's playing, and I don't know why anyone would gift their love that many birds. No one — NO ONE needs a partridge, doves, hens, calling birds, geese, and swans. That would make for a very noisy party.

1. "Dominic the Donkey" — The Hillbilly Southern Players

Once this song gets stuck in your head, it NEVER LEAVES. If you haven't had the pleasure of hearing it, go ahead. Try it, I dare you. See what happens. (And for the record, at least in my Italian family, we never celebrated Christmas with a donkey...)

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/10-wor...as-songs-time/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

any song I hear more than six times in one day........
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

12 days of Christmas is awful. I like the drummer boy but I don't want to hear that ass clown ruin it. Wonderful Christmas time sucked almost as bad as ebony and ivory.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

The two BEST:

"I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

5. Thanks del thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Then there's THIS....

Last edited by aboutime; 12-16-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I think some of them may have made the list simply because of being overplayed, not necessarily because they are bad songs, IMO. Anything with Justin Bieber on it, of course gets tossed. And then remakes. Little Drummer Boy is one of the best Christmas songs ever, and then they let that little shit Bieber remake it?

---

The 10 WORST Christmas Songs of All Time

Undoubtedly, your Pandora and Spotify have been set to the Christmas music station since the day after Thanksgiving. During the last couple of weeks, you were most likely reminded of which songs make your heart melt and get you excited for the season. You also likely quickly remembered that you'd rather stick pine needles from your Christmas tree into your fingernails than listen to them one. more. time. It's ok — what you're experiencing is normal. It's the Christmas music overload, and it's happening everywhere.

While some of the classics can keep a smile on our faces as they play day in and day out, others seem to cause a very physical reaction when they start jingling away on our radios. Chances are, the Christmas songs that you've grown to hate over the years are the very same ones that everyone hates. So in the spirit of togetherness this season, let's recap the worst/most annoying/creepiest Christmas songs ever.

10. "All I Want for Christmas Is You" — Mariah Carey and Justin Bieber

Mariah Carey has had so many hits over the course of her career, so she was bound to have a clunker at some point. At first, this one isn't so terrible — it's no worse than the diva's other Christmas songs. But then Bieber has to go and ruin everything. Worse than listening to the song is having to sit through the video.

9. "The Little Drummer Boy" — Justin Bieber and Busta Rhymes

First of all, this is such an odd pair. Secondly, listening to the Biebs "boy band" this song up is enough to make anyone want to bang that drummer boy's drum with their own forehead. The whole time I listened to this, all I wanted was for David Bowie and Bing Crosby to make everything better with their "Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy" duet. Save us, Starman, from Beliebing in this awfulness.

8. "Santa Baby" — Madonna

Please, someone, stop her from putting on that pouty, nasal-y voice. Also, have you ever really listened to the words of this song? She sure does ask for a lot from the old man, doesn't she? "There's one thing I really do need, the deed / To a platinum mine." Really? Seems excessive. How about a nice sweater or maybe a monogrammed mug instead?

7. "Please, Daddy (Don't Get Drunk This Christmas)" — John Denver

I didn't even know that this song existed before this year. And now I wish I never knew.

6. "Silent Night" — David Hasselhoff

I always found this song to be a bit of a downer. Not the lyrics so much as how it kind of just draaaaaags on and on and on. When you're listening to a great Christmas mix, you start to bop and sing, and then "Silent Night" comes on and it's a huge buzzkill. Add Hasselhoff on top of that and you've got yourself a real whammy.

5. "Do They Know It's Christmas?" — Band Aid

Yes, this song had the very best of intentions. It was recorded to help with anti-famine efforts in Ethiopia. But the lyrics are just so awful. "At Christmas time, it's hard, but while you're having fun/There's a world outside your window, and it's a world of dread and fear/Where a kiss of love can kill you, and there's death in every tear." Let's hear it for uplifting Christmas music!

4. "Wonderful Christmastime" — Paul McCartney

It feels dirty to even include Sir Paul McCartney on this list, but he completely missed the mark here. For such an incredible musician, he went a little nuts with the keyboard sounds that plague this song. It's pretty annoying from start to finish.

3. "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" — Elmo & Patsy

I always thought this was kind of fun, but just this week it came on the radio while I was driving around with my 3-year-old. As I was singing the lyrics, I kept cringing. How awful a scenario — and one that I kind of don't want my toddler to sing while he's learning about the true meaning of Christmas... And, by the way, how great that grandpa is handling the death of his wife so well by watching football, drinking beer, and playing cards.

2. "12 Days of Christmas" — Anyone!

This one needs to go. It seems endless while it's playing, and I don't know why anyone would gift their love that many birds. No one — NO ONE needs a partridge, doves, hens, calling birds, geese, and swans. That would make for a very noisy party.

1. "Dominic the Donkey" — The Hillbilly Southern Players

Once this song gets stuck in your head, it NEVER LEAVES. If you haven't had the pleasure of hearing it, go ahead. Try it, I dare you. See what happens. (And for the record, at least in my Italian family, we never celebrated Christmas with a donkey...)

https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/10-wor...as-songs-time/
    I don't like any (except the last -- never heard it) of them. Either the song or the artists or both suck. I have all country Christmas music.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Silent Night does NOT belong on that list of atrocities.

Humph.

And now I have to go look up that John Denver song!!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Silent Night does NOT belong on that list of atrocities.

Humph.

And now I have to go look up that John Denver song!!
    I had to look that up on Spotify, and by golly it's on there. I've heard worse.

But David Hasselhoff? ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

One of THE BEST EVER Christmas songs that was not intended to be one. It's part of the movie "Meet Me in St Louis" with Judy Garland and some losers I forget their names
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

One of THE BEST EVER Christmas songs that was not intended to be one. It's part of the movie "Meet Me in St Louis" with Judy Garland and some losers I forget their names
    Dang Judy Garland was a gorgeous little babe.

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)